Blood Bowl: Star Coach (F2P)

Doomy77

Yes, the server disconnects everything. I managed to get two games in.

After a match, it gives you gold and fan factor, and you can check out a replay of the highlights (ran in the usual 3d BB engine, ONLY IN REALTIME MODE). Only the replay is so random and scattered that you have no way of figuring out anything to do better from it.

Because the tactical scripting options are pretty limited (everything is just IF THIS THING THEN THIS), it favors the extreme teams (orcs or woodies) more than the rest. However, you do seem to be able to have 6 Stormvermin on a team at once, with enough cash, so... yay?

Note: the default order for ball-carrier, RunToTouchdown, pays no heed to tackle zones or cover or anything - it just runs straight for the goal, which gets them tackled down and dropping the ball. I guess you'd do better to form meticulous scripts for people to cage him until he can break free, but currently, the scripting interface is damn unstable and you cannot even copy the scripts from one player to the next.

Basically: if you got a true replay of action (or an overview map with icons on a grid), you could see the effect of your individual scripts. As it is, it's a random clusterfuck.

I'll need to look into this scripting Juriel mentions. I never noticed that stuff while I was constantly getting kicked off the server.

Initial impressions put this at the level of a bad Facebook RPG.

yeah I rolled skaven....wish I rolled woodies instead...o well...its pretty difficult to work out whats what

To be fair, anything beyond high-ST or Block is kind of pointless, because the underlying system IS the realtime mode.

Players with starting Dodge could work, but they take the most direct route everywhere, even if it goes through gazillion tackle zones, so no.

Yeah, I picked rats as well.

I picked chaos. Spent a few minutes going around the playbooks bit, but my French isn't that good so I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. Couldn't find the "kill anything that moves" tactic so gave up.

Went to try "playing" some games.... challenge, disconnect. Rinse and repeat a few times. Gave up.

All in all... its definitely a Cyanide game.

To be fair, anything beyond high-ST or Block is kind of pointless, because the underlying system IS the realtime mode.

Players with starting Dodge could work, but they take the most direct route everywhere, even if it goes through gazillion tackle zones, so no.

Yeah, I picked rats as well.

my rats won 5 games and lost 1, my chaos won some and lost some and 1 draw.....

So far my rats are unstoppable...sent aload more challenges and will see tomorrow how they do :D  gooooooo rats

Awards

I went on yesterday and repeatedly tried to challenge Juriel... it didn't work.  Think I shall wait until I hear it might actually work...

It did work, as I played one match against your rats. And lost. :p

Then I found out that you get a replay of the game, that does NOTHING to help figure out what to do better.