Blood Bowl 2 Vs Orca Cola Championship

rov3r

I was thinking about the BB2 and the options it may include.

Will online platform be separated from the vanilla, LE and ChE. What kind of impact it could have on the OCC? Two mutual leagues? Global reroll? End of the world?

Will they even support BB1 and will it be possible to find a MM game there after BB2 is released?

New teams? If so what new teams despite Slaan (which GW gives so much hate) they may include? Some newly developed stuff? How would this affect OCC?

This is just a peek of an iceberg because a lot of things come to my mind when I think about BB2. 

Unfortunately you are unlikely to get any answers as they (cyanide/Focus) are well known for not communicating what so ever.

All I know is that there is a beta (alpha?) going on and as I can speak about it I'm not in it.

How do I know? They used the old beta section on their boards for it without actually checking who had access to it, something they fixed a few days later.

As Pid says anyone who would be in a position to talk about BB2 has been gagged by French lawyers. So we'll need to wait and see what BB2 has to offer and then decide if we want it in OCC.

When LE came along I believe we were looking at a special league for BB1-only users, but in the end so many of our members upgraded the plan was shelved.

BB2 would be a good time for them to change everything about their server architecture and data systems (if they want to bother with improving them, rather than just going 'good enough')...

So I doubt they'll be backwards compatible.

On a positive note, if there was a reboot, starting over from scratch, OCC could start with racial team number limits in place. No more risk the chance of 40 Orcses. :p

OCC could start with racial team number limits in place. :P

Hah many dream about that but this was discussed a couple of times and the anwser always was to keep the pool of races open. Green and red suits (with me out there once upon a time) always wanted to have people play what they want rather then with what's available :D

Not sure about the policy now since Pidpad got green suit and plays Underworld and definitely wouldn't want 5 dwarfs in his division :D

I'd have thought racial limits would just mean that you get max Orcs/Chaos/HE etc. and then a load of people playing teams they don't really want to play.

As for BB2 I expect they won't be compatible because they will want us all to buy it!  Mebbe I'm just cynical though...

I'd have thought racial limits would just mean that you get max Orcs/Chaos/HE etc. and then a load of people playing teams they don't really want to play.

As for BB2 I expect they won't be compatible because they will want us all to buy it!  Mebbe I'm just cynical though...

You definitely are not. They'd just have done another 'edition' otherwise...

Not this time around. I suspect no backwards compatibility whatsoever. New engine, new gUI, new everything, and of course full price. Have you seen the size of the team working on it? Definitely full price.

(Now, such a sizeable team does allow one to dream...I know I would pay again for a 'complete' game...

I suspect there will be less races available on release, so that they can charge more for releasing new teams later on.. DLC maybe.... I'm hoping they put more star players in, particularly for the teams that really use them.... Underworld, goblins etc

Yeah, I've played Chaos Edition alone 666 hours, Steam tells me.

But if they waste all their time on individualizing some damn star players, and we still get no customization of our own team, I'm gonna be crass.

Expectıng the thıng to be broken down ınto bıts wıth any longlıvety broken down ınto purchasable fluff.

Because, ya know, GW makes so many frıends wıth thıs model and thıs ıs a bussıness.

Customer loyatly ıs for chumps.

MILK THAT COW

:P 

I'll buy it, because in the end we all will won't we...

Unless they decide to make up their own rules. I don't actually mind them adding in new teams under the existing ruleset though. After all the kerfuffle re Khorne I actually think they did a half-decent job there.

I wonder if they'll put a bit more into character customisation this time. It's probably the biggest thing (apart from Star Players, a stable server and Pact/Slann) that was missing from the current version.

We all asume it is going to be a continuation of the philosophy to base the game on TT and LRB.

But the scary part is that Cyanide may very well decide to "create" something new that may only be loosely related to TT and LRB for all I know.

Hope I am wrong though. hope they also make a league manager system where admins have full control about every aspect, everything including but not limited to, gold, skill ups (including assigning skills of any kind to anyone "a la" OFL glittering prices), injuries, schedule matching (odd and/or even no of participants) so we can fully customize our house rules.

If people have opinions regarding what they want from BB2 I recommend they post them on the cyanide boards. Not that I want to stifle conversation, but that there is a vague possibility of them actually being noticed by cyanide there!

Awards

If people have opinions regarding what they want from BB2 I recommend they post them on the cyanide boards. Not that I want to stifle conversation, but that there is a vague possibility of them actually being noticed by cyanide there!

My emphasis there. That probability being less than a quad skull roll :D . Maybe if 1296 of us posted there... fwiw I already did long ago, with obviously no confirmation any of our suggestions was being even read. So for the time being I just simply pass the time there by by trying to keep up with anyone´s exchanges with VoodooMike .

Vague possibility IF YOU POST IN FRENCH. :pirate:

Just as a trivia token, the Cyanide General forum under the French section has a last post dated from 3rd June... And the News forum also under the French section (called "Actualités") has a last post of 9th June... even the Roster and Strategies forum there has a last post dated only 2nd July...  Just saying!

I know your game you rogue! Don't try to get us involved in your bickering with that idiot Voodoo Mike!

(You should know ya can't fix stupid. 'specially in a web forum.)