The Bowling Dead

Scaron84

Hi all!

My team is actually in Div 2C.

I love this team, with the TGs I had really a great luck - since all of them have block - but I have some issues here. What would you give for my blitz-ras, when/if they make it to lvl 5 (which is very likely)? Pilling on, dauntless, frenzy, fend, stand firm, juggernaut? Which one would you prefer? Why? Have you any other ideas?

My first match was a really fortunate one. I played against stahlburg; nurgle (thx for the game bro) and I won 1-0. I killed his lvl 5 warrior and gave his legendary "wait for it :)" pestigor a -AV. I'm not feeling very comfortable about it, since my div is a heavy dodge division this season and that's why it would be better if somebody would kill those elven/skaven/skink gits. But he can't do it any more without the 2 of his key/tackle players. :(

Feel free to share with me your suggestions, tips and hints.

Good hunting for this season!

ImageRoster.aspx?id=1152470〈=en&bg=o

Awards

Yes, your rolls for your TG's make me very envious. In all my level ups for TG's I've only ever had 1 double.  In answer to your question you need to look at your team as a whole. I think you need some juggernaut. In Div 2 you start to meet quite a number of devloped teams with stand firm.  I had a TG with juggernaut (until you killed it :Gutted: ). I found him very useful. Frenzy of course is another sound choice imo.  Some would suggest piling on, which does have a lot of merits, but personally I prefer my guys to stay on their feet. And of course stand firm is also very useful especially if you have some TG's with that skill as well.

At the end of the day to me there is no stand out choice. I have a l5 blitz rah (MB, tackle,Gd,SF)with 1 point to go to l6, and to be honest Iam not sure what I will give him although for him as he has SF already, I would be tempted with dauntless or of course juggernaut.

You can always hope they roll doubles...

If you're worried about elves, much as I don't like giving away tacklezones, the thing about PO on a Blitz-Ra is that as elves will dodge away as much as they can, you have limited hitting opportunities. Sometimes just that one blitz per turn. So you need to make it count. And being able to reroll the potential damage can really make a difference there.

I'm tending to give at least one of my blitz-ras fend. It's a useful protective skill. Less blocks and pilling on also doesn't work against it. The 3 core skills I have alredy, after MB, Guard, Tackle none of the skills seems to be a really decorative choice. Dauntless can work also very good but I have 6 gurads on the team. Do I really need it?

I think I don't need pilling on. I like it when my players standing. And with 2 DP and 5 MB I can really do damage. Still Juriel's argument is very reasonable.

How does your SF blitz-ra work Zulu?

What would you choose on a double? (Just dreaming a little...) Side step or dodge?

Awards

Stand Firm discourages blitzing those players, because if you don't take them down, you'll be stuck next to them.

Plus you can try to lure them in with it. A frenzy blocks them, let them push you back and disable stand firm to get a 2-die against with backup behind you.

I'm tending to give at least one of my blitz-ras fend. It's a useful protective skill. Less blocks and pilling on also doesn't work against it. The 3 core skills I have alredy, after MB, Guard, Tackle none of the skills seems to be a really decorative choice. Dauntless can work also very good but I have 6 gurads on the team. Do I really need it?

I think I don't need pilling on. I like it when my players standing. And with 2 DP and 5 MB I can really do damage. Still Juriel's argument is very reasonable.

How does your SF blitz-ra work Zulu?

What would you choose on a double? (Just dreaming a little...) Side step or dodge?

To be honest, hes not working so well these days. His armour seems to be made of glass, and I think he has spent most of the last few games in the dugouts. However when i had a TG with SF as well, the pair of them made an excellent combination together and were a total pain to the opposition.

Double on your blitz rah. Probably Dodge, gives him that bit more protection. Although in your case as you have a AG3 throw rah, I would be tempted to do something outrageous and give him Diving Catch meaning he would be catching as AG3. Give you one more get out of jail option, as no on expects a Khemri team to pass, and therefore never really guard against the possibility. When they have to start thinking of that as well, then it can relieve the pressure on your other guys.

As another (kind of) new khemri coach, how can I post my team roster so that it autoupdates actually?

The team updates when someone looks at the team with BBM open in the background (or possibly whenever a replay is uploaded?).

To post the image, go into BBM, go into SOME TOOLBAR OPTION -> Team roster image, type the team name in, copy-paste.

Blitz Ra's excluding +Stats (Ma/Ag/Str are all must takes but completely change how to build them) I like to have 1 Killer, and 1 Ball Hunter/Support. The Killers build like thus...

BloodBowlChaos_2013-09-03_05-50-58_001.j

BloodBowlChaos_2013-07-20_02-12-56_001.j

While the Support I tend to build like thus:

BloodBowlChaos_2013-10-14_17-42-05_001.j

Or if I am lucky like this:

BloodBowlChaos_2013-09-24_16-45-31_001.j

+Ag opens up various different options. You will notice that all my builds get juggernaut as I feel this skill is essential to prevent getting boxed in as well as for hunting Wrodging Elf Scum...

Overall I build Khemri close to what you have with a few 'personal taste differences', for example I dont like guard on Throw Ra's as I avoid contact where possible, I split my Skeletons into 2 groups 1 for kicking and 1 for receiving the Kicking ones take wrestle instead of block & I take Grab, and Stand Firm on my guardians before Break Tackle... I have never had more than 2 block guardians at one time so I am insanely jealous in that department !

If you don't like piling on, then frenzy is a great skill on a killer. It broadly doubles the chance of getting a casualty on any given block assuming you can get 2D on the follow up.

Frenzy is less attractive with Khemri, who already have trouble with getting tied up easily, and Blitz-Ras already get KOed often enough...

Thank you for tha advices! I still don't know what to give for my blitz-ras but I have time. They need 2 and 4 spps to achive the next level.

On Monday I will ply against a nasty elven team with 9 dodges on the roster (110 tv lower than my team). Any advice? Yeah I have to crush them that's obvious. Would you recive or kick-off in the 1st half?

Awards

Previosly I would have agreed with Doomy, but these days I'm not so sure. With this approach, yes you can grind your way up the pitch and score on turn 7 or 8, but that gives him 2 shots at getting his KO's back, so by the time 2nd half starts he is probably got enough players, so you will have lost any advantage you will have gained.

It is very difficult to stop and elf team scoring with Khemri, so you want to make sure if they receive you pressure them to go for a quick score. Then that gives you 5/6 turns to score and then you have the whole second half to grind. And with your AG3 Throw rah, you should avoid the normal khemri ball juggling trick which screws up most plans.

Kick first, pressure them into scoring fast. Grind on them for 6 turns, score on turn 8, they get one KO recovery, grind on them for the whole second half.

The division's Nurgle managed to kill two 100+ TV elves in the first 6 turns, aim for that. :P

Always kick IMO unless playing against Halflings, Goblins, Underworld or a 11-12man high tv norse squad but against bash or Elves you want to kick as it gives you more control of the clock. With Elves the issue comes on when they score, essentially you need them to score by there 4th turn or not at all which will give you 5 turns to counter score and more importantly 3 turns to cause injury to those Elves that will cause your offensive difficulties. Its a difficult art knowing when to allow the score and when to try to close them out as the I have lost number of times I have been caught out by either bad luck or a amazing play on turn 7-8 when it looked like I had closed the opposition out leaving me in a far worse position had I not defended as well and let the score though early.

The advantage this will bring is that once they have scored you will not be kicking the ball to them again until turn 16 if all goes to plan, this will allow you to dictate the pace of the game and control the clock. Be aware of there 1turn ability on turn 16 and set up to counter. More critically when on offence take your time and protect the ball carrier constantly. Do not over commit you will find that obstruction there movement without contact marking if far more effective as it will give them difficult options when it comes to making offensive plays and you will find your self less exposed to the elven throwing game.

Well MD2 against Kazman's High Elf team.

I choosed to recive. I managed to score in the 8th turn, 4 elves were injured. In the next half my opponent made a 2 turn TD aginst me so I had 6 turns to score against a 8 player team with my intact brigade. The 2-1 was made in the 15th turn.

I think Kazman is a much better coach then myself but tonight I had really great luck. His lvl 6 blitzer (Mel Gibson) threw a double skull (the RR was used before in that turn) and injured to death. The apo saved him, altough now his team has a niggled star too. That happened in the 4th turn and after it, my work was really-really easier. I think he was demoralized a little bit, since if he doesn't make the quick TD in the 2nd half it could have easily been a tie.

If you'll watch the replay you really should pay attention how he positions his players.

I'll play on Wednesday against a nasty dark elf team with 2 ST4 bitch witch. I think, if I can rid of one of them I can maybe win but he'll have around 200-250K inducuments so I'm excepting a wizard and +apo. Any suggestions how to survive the wizard? 

No level ups so the blitz-ra matter is still not actuell.

Awards