One Finger Death Punch

Desalbert

Hey guys, picked up this cheap and surprisingly great little game and set to work streaming an episode of it. I understimate the game's volume over my own, but I think you'll find this sub $5 dollar title to be worth it:

If you pick it up let me know what you think!

There's more to it than a QTE. Because you're constantly being attacked on both sides, you have to make instant decisions all the time about who to hit first or you end up taking damage. It gets more complex when you start fighting enemies who need four attacks to kill and constantly switch sides. While simultaneously trying to do things like keep the Ball of Death in play.

You can get a sense of what I'm on about from Des' video around the 21 minutes mark.

Yes. You only have two buttons (left and right mouse button), then it's down to making split-second tactical decisions. Because there ARE those, because each click moves you in that direction a little, which delays people coming in from the other direction. And then there's the weapons you may want to pick up/kick around. And then there's the guys who will dodge you to your other side...

A lot of stuff going on.

And then there's the strategic bit which involves deciding which skills to have active to give you the best chance at which challehge.

But mainly the game is about making you feel like a hyperkinetic avatar of martial arts destruction, when all you're actually doing is frantically clicking your mouse. That's worth the admission fee.

Bought it and gave it a 30 min test last night.  To my surprise I found myself wanting to play it again just now when I had 30 mins to kill.  Liking it much more than I expected.  Highly addictive. 

Y'all were right.  Very happy with the purchase.

Awards

Heal and Grey Out are my must have skills for Survival.

I don't like combining Deep Impact, Freezing Point an Grey Out for the very reason you mentioned of them firing one straight after the other.

My current loadout has Throw Weapon and Weapon Drop(?) as they combo well at different times to Grey Out.

Awards

It pays to delve deeper into Level Mode. You can get all the skills on Student difficulty but if you complete Student you'll get an extra slot. I don't think you need to clear every node on the map to complete it, just reach and clear the special end node.