Total War - Warhammer

crimsonsun

Yeah, but the game is too fun to ignore. Right now I´m playing Skaven Clan Pestilence for the first time ever. Skavens are quite insane, I don´t know who came up with the idea of this army. They are somewhat fully operational "terrorist state". :)  I´ve only played the more "civilized" armies before, & my favorites Dark Elves. So I´m having alot of fun & the campaign have developed in a strange way. High Elves are in Naggaroth together with Exiles of Nehek & some Skaven, Dark Elves desperately tries to get a hold on Sword of Khaine. While I´m taking the back door into Ulthuan & Southern Naggaroth. Unfotunately both Dwarves, Bretonnia & some other Old World armies have discovered my hidings in Lustria, got the whole continent now. The only thing that really bored me was when I took The Galleon´s Graveyard, what a dissapointment. All these preparations I did for almost nothing in return. It takes time & effort to launch a campaign like that. Boohooo!!!

Awards

Skavens are not that hard, they just works differently from others. Once you get some stable income & food production they are quite rewarding to play. But they lack elite close combat units, & their units are never experienced from the start like Elves/Dwarfs. In & before battles you´ll have to wear the enemy units down. Assassins are very useful for taking out some Garrissons & Army Units/Characters before battle. In battles you´ll have to sacrifice some cheap units to get the most bang for the bucks with your Warmachines & Support Units. Technology & Magic is quite important. But the mainstay Units are Skaven Clanrats with spears. To get the numerous advantage you´ll need some Skaven Corruption or alot of Food to get some more rat packs. I use Plague Priests spreading corruption & making holes in enemies walls. If a major city is too hard to take, you wear them down by spreading Plague for 6 Turns & just before attacking you use the BOOOM-agent to destroy their buildings. My recipe for destruction & world domination as rats.

Although I do have problems in areas like diplomacy, nobody likes rats. & definitely not Clan Pestilence. There are some Vampires, Skavens & Dark Elves you might barter deals with.

Right now I got some armies coming to attack Lustria, Dwarfs & Bretonnians have taken som areas in Southlands & other Old World armies just come sailing. Will be interesting.

Awards

3 hours ago, Francach said:

If you think normal dwarves are expensive try a Beleghar Ironhammer campaign.

Yes I tried that too. Nice heroes I got but again wtf..to progress you can have only small teams facing bad odds continuously. But I actually liked the Ironhamner campaign more. 

The legendary thanes you got helped quite a lot.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...