Darkest Dungeon

Pidpad

I love the game, haven't fired it up in a couple of months; turned it on yesterday since it said that it's no longer early acces and it still didn't have the final dungeon available. When's that coming out? Or could it be that it just didn't update on steam?

Awards

Picked this up earlier today and played about 45 minutes or so.

Apparently I am better at these games than Totalbiscuit as I survived the tutorial.

Question: Not realising food is the only way to heal characters as skills only work in battle, I bought almost no food and finished my first "proper" quest with my knight dude at death's door. When the level-up screen appeared he developed a negatrait with no balancing positive trait. Did I break him?

Picked this up earlier today and played about 45 minutes or so.

Apparently I am better at these games than Totalbiscuit as I survived the tutorial.

Question: Not realising food is the only way to heal characters as skills only work in battle, I bought almost no food and finished my first "proper" quest with my knight dude at death's door. When the level-up screen appeared he developed a negatrait with no balancing positive trait. Did I break him?

No, that happens. But you should probably feed your adventurers in the future.

I  adore this game. I played and beat all the bosses back when it first came out (Well the 3 that were out back then). Put it on the shelf for it's full release and taking my time going through it again. I swear they re-balanced the likely hood of going all virtuous at 100 stress cause I've had two or three people fail out of at least nine.

I  adore this game. I played and beat all the bosses back when it first came out (Well the 3 that were out back then). Put it on the shelf for it's full release and taking my time going through it again. I swear they re-balanced the likely hood of going all virtuous at 100 stress cause I've had two or three people fail out of at least nine.

Best approach it with fresh eyes if you've only played beta. They've made a whole bunch of changes.

First two play throughs, squad wipes, lots of hopeless fearful members :D Third try now, I'd say upgrading your combat skills to level 2 quickly and getting a 12 man barracks with 3 available to pick each turn early on are pretty important. I'm loving a Vester/Rogue/Crusader x 2 (Ye Olde Faithful) pity they must rest.

Awards

I've been playing quite a bit again and it's very well done, finally. Doing my first round of bosses, just the Cove boss to go, no heroes lost, a good rotation, developed a couple of powerhouses - although my "known cheat" houndmaster keeps going back to Gambling even after repeated stints in the sanitarium - that's addiction for you, I guess! :D 

As for development, I'd go for roster size, then skill upgrade, then probably armour upgrade, then focus on skills and equipment for a while, until you need to expand your roster to 15.

One thing I've noticed in my previous playthroughs is that I never bothered upgrading the survivalist or the trinket merchant - have any of you guys explored those options?

Awards

Urggh, The run was doing so well. Just lost my first (technically second but the first squad to die was a suicide test against a shambler) group to a miss-timed retreat against the 8-Pound Cannon boss. Low on money I attempt a long mission with my best squad, only to run across a collector whose highwaymen proceed to repeatedly crit my vestal. They manage to retreat without loss (Even if we won we'd be in no shape to finish the rest of the dungeon) but now I have about 2k gold... Time to hire some nobodys to earn me some money.

Urggh, The run was doing so well. Just lost my first (technically second but the first squad to die was a suicide test against a shambler) group to a miss-timed retreat against the 8-Pound Cannon boss. Low on money I attempt a long mission with my best squad, only to run across a collector whose highwaymen proceed to repeatedly crit my vestal. They manage to retreat without loss (Even if we won we'd be in no shape to finish the rest of the dungeon) but now I have about 2k gold... Time to hire some nobodys to earn me some money.

Ugh, the first time I ran into a Collector was tricky. Pulled it off, but *only just*, and only because it was my A-team (still level 1s tho)...

Awards