Occ And Bb2

Pidpad

• 2 months later...
1468940103-bb2-undead-5.jpg

Hey Coaches,

We're pleased to announce the release of a new update next week, July 26th on PC, Mac & Xbox One and July 27th on PS4!

Please note that in order to prepare some balancing modifications, the game server on all platforms will be under maintenance during the night between Wednesday and Thursday this week, from 00h00 GMT to 8:00 AM GMT.

The open ladder of the Cabalvision Official League will be reset with the release of the update.

Thanks for your feedback during the Undead open beta. We gathered them and will now work on them for the next update.

Here are the patch notes of next week update:

New features

• The Undead team is now available with the Starplayers Ramtut III, Count Luthor Von Drakenborg and Earlice.
  • A new roster interface is available. It combines the team and staff management in one page.
  • The price of the Orc Blitzer is now 80k.
  • The bretonnian blitzer has now access to agility skills on a standard level up (no doubles).
  • Increase of the maximum team number per coach (40 instead of 25)
  • Increase of the maximum competition number in a league (20 instead of 8)
  • Matchmaking system prameters changes (processing time: 5min / Max TV difference: 500)

Bug fixes

• Fix of an issue preventing the Xbox One controller from working on Windows 10
  • Fix of a bug blocking a team slot
  • Pass Block is now usable on a Long Bomb
  • The coaches assistants are now properly taken into account for the kick-off event Brilliant Coaching
  • Fix of a crash when trying a pass outside of the pitch in BB1 control mode
  • Fix of a scrolling issue during inducement in hotseat with the combo mouse/controller
  • Fix of a bug preventing the Norse AI from validating its placement with Starplayers
  • The ball is now displayed properly during a Touchdown with some players
  • Fix of an issue preventing the screen resolution to be saved on Mac
  • Fix of an issue preventing players from using the chat in multiplayer on Mac
  • Fix of an issue preventing the random selection of a stadium in matchmaking.

Bug fixes

• The ball is now displayed properly during a Touchdown with some players

I think, I understand what they mean to say - but this is not the most reassuring thing I ever read in a list of bugfixes. ^^

Awards

I think, I understand what they mean to say - but this is not the most reassuring thing I ever read in a list of bugfixes. ^^

I was more concerned about "Pass Block is now usable on a Long Bomb" which felt like something that should have been fixed long ago.

And also of the lack of "pitch is extended a bit beyond the endzones so you can actually scroll over and see what is happening there too, and don't get the blocking dice hidden".

Awards

it has, and still does, happen..in BBCE afaik....a player scores and ball disappears? or weirdly bounces?..or stay still and freezes?

I was more concerned about "Pass Block is now usable on a Long Bomb" which felt like something that should have been fixed long ago.

They mistook the bit in the rules which stated that Pass Block could not be used to intercept a bomb...

Awards

They mistook the bit in the rules which stated that Pass Block could not be used to intercept a bomb...

Ok, well, that's a relief I suppose..

By the way, how do I cancel sidestep when pushed? If I let it time out my opponent gets to sidestep my player (instead of properly defaulting back to getting to push without sidestep)

Awards

I don't think you can, frustratingly.  It's a "non-optional" skill.

out of curiosity: Who exactly decides which skills are optional? According to the living rulebook 6 all skills are optional (exact phrase 'Skill use is not mandatory') unless stated otherwise in the description.

Awards

Non-optional is decided by Cyanide, and based on speed of play. But in some cases the tactical advantage is important enough that you get the option, like turning off dodge if you are getting close to the sidelines.

Similarly there should be a check for "are all three squares this player could normally be pushed into occupied by players" and if yes then it should ask "do you want to use sidestep". This would also help with one turning as well.

Awards

In BB2, the answer is Cyanide.

Only a few skills have been made optional, so far, and not nearly all situations where you might want to avoid skill use are covered.

Non-optional is decided by Cyanide, and based on speed of play. But in some cases the tactical advantage is important enough that you get the option, like turning off dodge if you are getting close to the sidelines.

Similarly there should be a check for "are all three squares this player could normally be pushed into occupied by players" and if yes then it should ask "do you want to use sidestep". This would also help with one turning as well.

So Cyanide is not bound by the original rules? /me sad  :Gutted:

Awards

• 4 weeks later...

Today i was watching an undead mirror match from the other league i am playing.

One mummy received -1agility injury and regeneration failed.

After the match, the injury wasn't shown. I understand, that stats can't go below a value of 1. But the mummy should at least be forced to miss the next match, which isn't the case.

If someone could please report this bug, as i can't reset my cyanide forum password?

Today i was watching an undead mirror match from the other league i am playing.

One mummy received -1agility injury and regeneration failed.

After the match, the injury wasn't shown. I understand, that stats can't go below a value of 1. But the mummy should at least be forced to miss the next match, which isn't the case.

If someone could please report this bug, as i can't reset my cyanide forum password?

Cyanide is aware of the bug.  It happens more often on Saurus.  It's on their list but I assume its low priority.

As a reference, here's their current list:

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=7589

Hey Coaches,

We've compiled a list of known issues that you may come across during your time in Blood Bowl 2. We are working to get these sorted out as soon as possible!

If you come across any issues not listed below, don't hesitate to post details in the Technical Forum.

LRB6 / Skills behavior

• No turnover if you cast a Wizard Lightning Bolt on your own player.
  • No turnover if you crowdsurf your own player holding the ball.
  • No turnover if a troll eats the goblin holding the ball.
  • When you score a touchdown thanks to the Dump-Off skill, the block action is skipped.
  • Fend is not used on a chainpushed player (it shouldn't be fixed as long as Fend is mandatory).
  • If a player is injured and the stat malus can't be applied (already 1 in the stat or loss of stat for the third time), he won't miss the next game as he should.
  • A player stunned during the Blitz event stays on the ground one extra turn.
  • If you're using Catch of Pro with a player during the kick-off reception, you can't use it again with this player during the first turn.
  • The Diving Tackle log dices is broken.
  • A player throwed during this turn doesn't have to use 3 movement points to stand up.
  • Dauntless doesn't take the Multiple Block malus into account.
  • You can still perform your second Multiple Block if you used Piling On on the first block.
  • The Prehensile Tail dodge malus doesn't stack if you have several players with this skill.
  • If only 1 GFI is required to perform a Leap, the game still roll 2 GFI.
  • You don't lose the Leader reroll if the leader player is crowdsurfed.
  • A Secret Weapon player who enters the pitch thanks to the Perfect Defence event is not expelled at the end of the drive.
  • Problem with Stunty and Mighty Blow (if you roll a 8+MB : standard Casualty roll, if you roll a 9+MB : always Badly Hurt -> it should be the contrary)
  • Halfing Chef can remove the Leader Reroll.
  • The apothecary can be used on Wilhelm Chaney, Bottol, Quetzal and Willow.
  • Too many players can return from a KO at the start of the overtime.
  • A non-blitz block action with a Juggernaut player cancels the opponent Wrestle.
  • A stab action during a blitz doesn't need an extra move to be used.
  • The Necromancer can be used on a dead Starplayer

Gameplay

• The ball is desync when you try to pick up the ball and dodge the opponent in the same move if you fail the first dodge and successfully reroll it.
  • If you plan a move+foul action but your player is followed by a Shadowing player, the foul is activated from afar and the turn of your player ends (red circle). This issue also occurs if your player successfully dodge a Diving Tackle player.
  • If you plan a move+handoff action but your player is followed by a Shadowing player, you can't handoff anymore this turn.
  • It might be possible to sell fan factor with a team that has already played a match (should be very rare).
  • When one of your player with the Dodge skill is pushed to the sideline on a Defender Stumbles result, you can't choose to use Dodge or not if you are about to chainpush another player.
  • The toss choice can be skip at the start of the overtime if a player doesn't skip the injured/KO cut-scenes.

Not reproducible (could be outdated/unclear)

• Freeze at the end of a drive against the AI when a bribe from the stadium enhancement is used.
  • Some Armour rolls aren't displayed in the log.
  • Pass Block doesn't apply on a long pass (only against AI?)
Norse
Added:
  • The apothecary can be used on Wilhelm Chaney, Bottol, Quetzal and Willow.
  • When one of your player with the Dodge skill is pushed to the sideline on a Defender Stumbles result, you can't choose to use Dodge or not if you are about to chainpush another player.
  • Too many players can return from a KO at the start of the overtime.
  • The toss choice can be skip at the start of the overtime if a player doesn't skip the injured/KO cut-scenes.
  • A non-blitz block action with a Juggernaut player cancels the opponent Wrestle.
  • A stab action during a blitz doesn't need an extra move to be used.
Undead
Added:
  • The Necromancer can be used on a dead Starplayer.
Removed:
  • Pass Block can't be used on a long bomb pass.
  • The Brilliant Coaching event doesn't take the Assistant Coaches in account.
  • The game will crash if you try to aim out of the field with a pass in control mode BB1.
  • Using a Wizard could skip the opponent turn (no report since a long time -> outdated)

What scares me is that the following completely correct items are listed as bugs..

No turnover if you cast a Wizard Lightning Bolt on your own player.

When you score a touchdown thanks to the Dump-Off skill, the block action is skipped.

Fend is not used on a chainpushed player (it shouldn't be fixed as long as Fend is mandatory).

The Necromancer can be used on a dead Starplayer

(Ok, some star players should be immune to becoming zombies, and I might have misunderstood the fend one, but as written in the list all of these four are working as they should)

Awards

The Necromancer can be used on a dead Starplayer

(Ok, some star players should be immune to becoming zombies, and I might have misunderstood the fend one, but as written in the list all of these four are working as they should)

Actually not. Star players are apparently unable to become zombies regardless.

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42964

Awards