Man O'war: Corsair

nithon

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm interesting, loved this game when it was out and even bought it off ebay a year or so ago.

Well tbh its is only Man O'War in name and setting.

If i have to describe it it feels like Wing Commander Privateer / Freelancer (i never played Sid meiers Pirates so idk if its similar) just set  as a captain sailing the sea of the Warhammer World.

- You are the captain of one ship only.

- You can buy different ships (but only one can be active)

- You can upgrade your ship (streamlined hull, more guns, better guns, armor, etc)

- You can take missions

- Different factions with which you can increase/decrease your standing

• 4 weeks later...

Well, at the start it looks a little choppy, but it's not the first time I played a game with some chop to it due to my machine.  It's still very early on, so I can't choose a dwarf for my captain, but oh well.  Now let's see how it plays.

Uh huh.  Okay.  Nice.  Heh heh. ​Harr harr!  Let go a reef from the mizzen t'gallant.  Greenskins two points abaft the larboard beam.  On the uproll... FIRE!!!  HARR HA HARRR!!

​Um... I, uh *Ahem* mean, I suppose it'll do.

aaarr​rrrrr... :pirate:

Okay, a little more serious review.  I like the game, although I'm going to have to put it on the least amount of detail to clear up the chop.  One thing i would like in a future version of this, would be the option of going multiplayer (Master of the Tops act as Sniper, Quartermaster Leading the Boarding Party, Cap'n Steering)... could be I just played a bit too much Puzzle Pirates, also. ;)

I still get some chop at the lowest setting, but it's a lot of fun. Now, I just need to restart the game. My saved game has two Chaos pirate ships bearing down on me, and I end up dying no matter what. Now I can work on mastering the controls and take missions I can accomplish.

Cool thing is the pirates do attack each other. The smaller galley was made quick work of after firing on the larger vessel. The larger ship rammed the galley, then the galley received broadsides both fore and aft from the both of us, which sent him down to Davey Jones (or whichever Monkee you prefer).