Occ2 Discussion

Rymdkejsaren

There are two of the old optional rules I would love to see back, Grudge Matches (each Coach gets a Random Event, or was it Dirty Trick?), and the Squig Ball. (AV Roll against the one trying to Pick Up, Catch, etc. If no one has the "ball", it hops one random square).

If they put a carefully worded Squig Ball for a Stadium Upgrade, that'd be the one I go after!

There are two of the old optional rules I would love to see back, Grudge Matches (each Coach gets a Random Event, or was it Dirty Trick?), and the Squig Ball. (AV Roll against the one trying to Pick Up, Catch, etc. If no one has the "ball", it hops one random square).

If they put a carefully worded Squig Ball for a Stadium Upgrade, that'd be the one I go after!

You can't be serious...

That would put low av teams even further behind..

NO! That would be a reason to stop playing (Amazons).

The reason, why i would (maybe) accept assassins: it does not seem to be dependent upon a targets skill/attributes. 

AV 6-10 and even those with regeneration seem to be affected equally.

The one I heard about spiked balls was "if you fail to pickup, catch, etc., then you get an AV roll as if stabbed".

And the one about squigs was "bounces 1d3 times upon a failed pickup, catch etc, also if left unattended for a turn"

Sometimes also "if roll a 6 on a move roll when unattended, ball splits in two, scoring can be done with either ball" (in these cases crowd will not throw in extra balls, and you can also try to block extraneous balls to death, killing the last ball by accident concedes a touchdown)

Awards

Can someone explain how ageing works in bb2?

My play style is not suited for player survival but I'd like to know how it works.

The stadium wizard is a deal breaker for me, the other upgrades ads flavor but the wizard is just broken and will make certain teams unplayable imo.

The inducement system and bank rules sucks too btw..........

The one I heard about spiked balls was "if you fail to pickup, catch, etc., then you get an AV roll as if stabbed".

And the one about squigs was "bounces 1d3 times upon a failed pickup, catch etc, also if left unattended for a turn"

Sometimes also "if roll a 6 on a move roll when unattended, ball splits in two, scoring can be done with either ball" (in these cases crowd will not throw in extra balls, and you can also try to block extraneous balls to death, killing the last ball by accident concedes a touchdown)

Y'see, now that sounds fantastic. I'd love a perpetual league scenario which had all those schenanigans thrown in.

It would take away somewhat from the 'chess match special' vibe that 'pro' coaches like- where it feels like every game is an even game and all about minimizing risks, on your way to league domination, but we already have plenty of those.

Y'see, now that sounds fantastic. I'd love a perpetual league scenario which had all those schenanigans thrown in.

It would take away somewhat from the 'chess match special' vibe that 'pro' coaches like- where it feels like every game is an even game and all about minimizing risks, on your way to league domination, but we already have plenty of those.

Spiked balls can come from inducement cards. And squig balls are locally used for the bonus games that people who missed the play-offs can get to play.

Awards

Thanks, I figured.  I think it would be interesting in the name of Science to go balls to the wall and use EVERYTHING and see how it goes.  I know it would be impractical and unfair (and maybe impossible?) after a few seasons to change rules but that's coming from someone who doesn't take the game as seriously as they used to  :D

+1...EXACTLY!!!

Once tried with everything on, and actual data/results, the Green Suits can then decide :)