Occ2 Discussion

Rymdkejsaren

I'm out. :(

Day went like this-

New graphics card bought. Plugged it in, turned on pc, oops, vga cable still in mobo slot. Plugged vga into graphics card this time, turned on pc, monitor doesnt come on, pc from what I can 'hear' starts tho. Tried taking it out and installing the drivers before inserting the card. Obviously wont let me but was worth a try. Did my homework online and it said the bios is probably the problem. Tried updating the bios, cant cos drivers aren't 'digitally signed'. Tried disabling driver check, cant cos ive win7 64 bit home premium, apparently and it wont let me access gpedit.msc. So not only can I not even see if I can run BB2, I can't upgrade my sodding video card either.

Checkmate

I'm out. :(

Day went like this-

New graphics card bought. Plugged it in, turned on pc, oops, vga cable still in mobo slot. Plugged vga into graphics card this time, turned on pc, monitor doesnt come on, pc from what I can 'hear' starts tho. Tried taking it out and installing the drivers before inserting the card. Obviously wont let me but was worth a try. Did my homework online and it said the bios is probably the problem. Tried updating the bios, cant cos drivers aren't 'digitally signed'. Tried disabling driver check, cant cos ive win7 64 bit home premium, apparently and it wont let me access gpedit.msc. So not only can I not even see if I can run BB2, I can't upgrade my sodding video card either.

Checkmate

:(

...oh well..at least we'll see you in OCC1 :).

i know nothing about your hardware and computer skills...

but just a thought..

have you tried to remove bios batterie, then install graphics card and power on the system again?

maybe it just failed to switch from onboard to pcie graphics?

forcing the bios to re-initialize might do the trick?

Hmm, I didn't try resetting the bios/cmos. Just tried going into the load menu and moving the settings from Auto, which selects the video card, to PGE which detects the card first and switches to mobo if there's no card. In both instances it went with the mobo. It may very well be that a bios reset rather than a bios update would solve it but I've already returned the card as it turns out my eyes were bigger than my wallet this month anyway!

Not looking forward to getting another card and doing all that and still having no joy though...we've all ended up on years-old pc help threads with no concrete solution.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news if the new rule changes from the TT release will move to online play?

I was in GW today looking at the new boxed set. £65, then £15 for deathzone. Models look good and they are raffling off a really nice pitch to people who buy BB on its black friday release.

There is a lauch event where you can go in and maybe play a match on release day. Im at work and wondering whether to swing by afterwards.

Awards

VGPurist did a recap of Veggente's Miragliano Owler's wood evels vs my Rodents of Regret skaven in the first round of the BB2 Champions Ladder playoffs.  They did good job editing out all the thinking time trying to make the game appear more fast paced.

On its own merits this was definitely one of the best matches I've ever played in.

https://www.twitch.tv/vgpurist/v/101937652

Bah - lost my game to Cederic's Woodies...

To be fair, he played really well - but, even with twice as many blocks and somehow less injuries caused, I just couldn't pin the sods down...

It looked to be going to extra-time, but a riot and some good passing, leaping and blocking allowed a T16 winner.

Poo.

And my Dark Elves were really good too!

Awards

VGPurist did a recap of Veggente's Miragliano Owler's wood evels vs my Rodents of Regret skaven in the first round of the BB2 Champions Ladder playoffs.  They did good job editing out all the thinking time trying to make the game appear more fast paced.

On its own merits this was definitely one of the best matches I've ever played in.

https://www.twitch.tv/vgpurist/v/101937652

The match included 6 touchdowns in the second half, three one turn touchdowns, deaths, blitzes, and all around shenanigans!  We both played well enough to win.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've played three matches so far in the playoffs, and I wish I could say I've been winning by outplaying my opponents.  But it really went like this:

Match 1) Down 4-3 with 3 turns left.  I manage a 1TDD, kick the ball, and use a wizard on turn 15 and score on turn 16 to win 5-4 after doing AG4 BS without rerolls.

Match 2) Tied 1-1, turn 14, I'm stuck next to a diving tackler and try to hand off to a different gutter who is marked but not by anyone with tackle or DT.  No rerolls left, and the gutter drops the ball.  It bounces off a defender and back into the intended recipients hands and he catches it.  I'm able to run off into open space to score on turn 16!  Super lucky as the other team was skaven as well and would have grabbed the ball and won if I didn't catch the ball.

Match 3) Tied 1-1 on turn 14.  High elf leaps into my cage and POWs my gutter with the ball.  Ball goes out of bounds and lands on the other side of the field where only two elves are.  He picks up the ball and hands off and runs just short of the endzone.  I fail get get any real players back.  But he didn't move up on turn 15 enough, and when I use the wizard on turn 16 the ball bounces the one direction that allows a gutter to get to it with a GFI. I dodge through tacklezones of a tackle skilled elf, pick up the ball in a tacklezone with a GFI, take one more GFI and throw the ball to midfield to another gutter and I'm able to hold the ball for overtime.  I win the toss and score in OT!

I'm using up all my BB luck in these playoffs!