Natural Synergy

Verbal_HM

This team has a really great foundation with the Ogre and the +ST blitzer/catcher, but also has lots of issues that can't all be addressed at the same time.

My maybe radical strategy would be to immediately cut the unskilled/avbusted catcher and not replace them. Spend the whole season with Peggit as your only catcher, and force yourself to feed TDs to the newer blitzers.

As far as the first skill for the two unskilled blitzers, I think that depends how you envision yourself using the +ST blitzer.

As the season goes on, you could find the TV to bring on a new catcher by cycling Ethic, Lampoon, and Logos.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:22 AM, J.J. Cash said:

This team has a really great foundation with the Ogre and the +ST blitzer/catcher, but also has lots of issues that can't all be addressed at the same time.

My maybe radical strategy would be to immediately cut the unskilled/avbusted catcher and not replace them. Spend the whole season with Peggit as your only catcher, and force yourself to feed TDs to the newer blitzers.

As far as the first skill for the two unskilled blitzers, I think that depends how you envision yourself using the +ST blitzer.

As the season goes on, you could find the TV to bring on a new catcher by cycling Ethic, Lampoon, and Logos.

AV busted catcher is a floating turd in a swimming pool, he's gone, but not replacing him? Hmmm, I've finally got a bench again, so I kinda want a catcher and a thrower as my bench?

The gimped Linos are keepers, their entire job is to get punched in the face, so as long as it isn't an ST or AV bust, I honestly think they're worth keeping?

Edited by Verbal_HM

On 1/4/2019 at 6:17 AM, Verbal_HM said:

@Pidpad, @Doomy77, @dode, @Bantha, @Tribble

This is the thing that pisses me off, I dropped Goblins into UKbbl, one season in and I'm looking at a 4th place finish at worst? 5-3-2 with one game left to play...

How the flipping hell can I be such a good 'Stunty' coach while consistently falling flat on my arse as soon as I run anything that isn't T4?

Human's was meant to be an upgrade? I chose the worst T1 team, and I can't make them dance, it's frustrating me. Honestly, if it was the spam dodge I'd be able to make Amazon work, but I can't. I've tried it. It's me, my head is broken. It loves 2st/stunty.

I did half make it work with Vamps, but at the end of the day Brother B owns me on that one.

Just do it. You know you want goblins here as well!

OK, let's do a season preview:

Tier 3 3C

• :vamps:  jrpeart - Bat Losers - Vampire - 1980TV - Promotion from T4
  • :dwarf:  BigAshW - Blitzburg Steelers - Dwarf - 1660TV - Promotion from T4
  • :kislev:  Merlinpig - Bears and Ballerinas - Kislev - 1680TV - Promotion from T4
  • :necro:  Rymdkejsaren - Quantum Sufficit - Necromantic - 1600TV - Fellow 3C native
  • :chaos:  Stahlburg - [OCC] Deathbringers - Chaos - 1940TV - Demotion from T2
  • :pelf:  james cook - Woodo Oceania ™ - Elven Union - 1920TV - Fellow 3C native
  • :human:  Verbal_HM - Natural Synergy - Human - 1720TV - Fellow 3C native
  • :chaos:  TheSir - Inevitable Titans - Chaos - 1910TV - Promotion from T4
  • :dwarf:  Sampittu - Birra del Borgo - Dwarf - 1730TV - Promotion from T4
  • :amazon:  Frankolino - Brazilina Top models - Amazon - 1370TV - Promotion from T4

Playing Order:

1. :pelf:  james cook - Woodo Oceania ™ - Elven Union - Away
  2. :amazon:  Frankolino - Brazilina Top models - Amazon - Away
  3. :dwarf:  Sampittu - Birra del Borgo - Dwarf - Away
  4. :chaos:  Stahlburg - [OCC] Deathbringers - Chaos - Home
  5. :kislev:  Merlinpig - Bears and Ballerinas - Kislev - Away
  6. :chaos:  TheSir - Inevitable Titans - Chaos - Away
  7. :vamps:  jrpeart - Bat Losers - Vampire - Home
  8. :necro:  Rymdkejsaren - Quantum Sufficit - Necromantic - Home
  9. :dwarf:  BigAshW - Blitzburg Steelers - Dwarf - Home

OK, let's have some opinions on this running order.

Can't complain about MD1 & MD2, due to a severe lack of tackle I'm not holding out much hope for a win either game, but it shouldn't hurt that much. That said, I'm so far ahead on TV vs the Amazons that I may well find myself on the receiving end of a fair collection of stiletto heals.

MD3-MD6. Dorf/Claw/Ribbit/Claw. So it's a cluster of heavy bash, with a toad in the hole. I think it's going to be praying to Nuffle for kind injury rolls, and hoping my bench and speed carry me through. I'm really under-practised vs Slann teams in general.

MD7&MD8. Not that worried about the Vamps, team is looking nice, but I do know how to play Vamps, so it'll be nice to seem them played by a competent coach. RK's Necro will be a game, I'm guessing his wonder wolf will still be around, so I need to work out how to shut it down.

MD9. Dorfs.

Well, it's one of those games that could completely break my team ready for next season. It's to far ahead to be able to complare what the teams will look like. So we'll have to wait and see.

Another way to break it down is:

• 4x Heavy Bash, where I need to use my speed to play an AG style game.
  • 2x Hybrid, level pegging.
  • 1x Agility, bring the bash pain. (With one Tackle player...)
  • 2x Tier 2 Races, statistically I have a more reliable team.  Still guessing these coaches won't be push overs.

So, it's actually only 4/9 games where I'm worried about being pitch cleared. Which isn't as bad as it first looks.

That said, I'm sure Nuffle will have something to say about it.

Let's roll some die, and have some fun. At the end of the day, tat's what I'm here for, getting this gimped bunch of reprobates through another season without relegation. If I win some games it'll be a bonus.

Honestly, last season I had a lot of close games were the fall of the dice just didn't quite go in my favour. Losing control of drives to 5+ opponent rolls, or 3+ with RR rolls my side. Truth, if I'm complaining about luck, it's not a good team, I should be in control.

I need to get good...

MD2;

The 'art' of letting Nuffle 'nuke' your TV...

Turn 14: Apo used to change an St bust to MNG on my Thrower

Turn 15: Star catcher goes plain Dead.

Turn 16: Flash picked up a second MA bust, I'm honestly thinking it's time to fire him?

I did roll a 5 on winnings, so I have a small amount of bank.

I think this is the game telling me to rework my team, lost Peggit, Flash is a cripple beyond workability.

A week to go, time to think. I don't need to fire Flash for the next game as he's MNG, but I'm starting to think he's not worth his TV?

Aloha mate!

I saw replay of your match & your very tough end of the match !

it's right ! big dilemma after the loss of slippy  :sir:

1548930323-occ10t3c-slippypeggit-walloff

But i think u need to keep them both.... because

☺Birdy get an amazing level for a thrower ! only 3 SPP & with dodge ...he will survive a long time to write his legend !

☺Flash is different because u use him a lot of & without dodge is complicated ! it's often an easy target for your opponent with AV7 !  easy to make him harmless nailed on the ground. Keep him untill u update a new blitzer with blodge & tackle

1548931056-top3-naturalsynergy.jpg

Edited by james cook