BB2: Legendary edition

the Sage

Sometimes, and I know this is a 'grey area', I've been known to hoard some cash and then - even when ahead in TV - buy a Wizard...

It does make you a bigger favourite for the match; I usually do it when I'm really worried about the opposition!

And it never gives the opponent more inducement cash.

PS: not done it in OCC...yet!

Personally, I find that BOTH BB1 and BB2 have unfair inducement phases...in BB1 you can be 10K behind and just think that 10TV less (or more) would be the difference between wizard and no wizard; in BB2 you can spend your entire bank to nullify the opposition's inducements. Usually this results in you both get a wizard!

This all said, Blood Bowl just isn't a fair game!

Zippy75's wizard was a decisive factor in the slaughter of rats. The fireball successfully killed, MNG'd, KO x2, and stunned. But those are the breaks. It sucked for my team but it was the right play to ensure victory.

Sincerely,
Sidley

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Awards

Actually I am really shocked and pleased how networking work in BB2.

Recently got match where my video card drivers went crash and my BB2 shut off (Pc was still working).

And I was able with no real rush start BB2 again, log in and go back to match with no problem.

Just this change is just Yes for me.

Lots of star players is another Yes for BB2.

Big bunch of teams (Amazons!, Goblins! new awesome Slaan Kislev team).

Graphics

While I am ok with bad/mediocre graphics in game if all other aspects are ok I must say graphics in BB2 are much much much more awesome than BB1 (duh!). Big field, polished (at least comparing to BB1) animations.

Yes, big downside is players don't change at all during levels. It have positive side its easier to recognize which player is what positional. But yes its annoying to check where is that level 4 lineman I need to foul.

At least mutations are looking really nice.

And of biggest Yes for BB2 for me.

BUG FIX

Fact they actually fix bugs, that they actually fix UI problems (like how some skills are shown) is biggest merit for me.

So yes, while I loved and love BB1, played to many hours in this game I now love BB2 little more.

On 16.4.2017 at 6:31 PM, dode74 said:

BB1s inducement phase was aligned with CRP.  BB2's is not really aligned with anything due to the bank and the lack of expensive mistakes, but it's close to BB2016.

It is identical to BB2016, except BB2 also has the 150K bank rule, correct?

Confusing stuff.

Awards

Yeah, that is something I really wish was in, as well. Could be a very good complement when you're lacking a positional.

I liked that too(for the short time I was able to play BB1). Is it a tabletop rule? And can you then hire the skilled loner after a game? Is that abusable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Gobas said:

Graphics

While I am ok with bad/mediocre graphics in game if all other aspects are ok I must say graphics in BB2 are much much much more awesome than BB1 (duh!). Big field, polished (at least comparing to BB1) animations.

The pitch is horribly horrible if you are playing near an endzone, in particular your opponents one.

Awards

I'm hoping for some silly and nearly game breaking bug with Goblins.  Something like if a Goblin has Piling On he'll auto kill his target if he breaks armor but also always die himself.

Kamikaze L2 Goblins are coming for your legends.

Edited by PaloLV

as Goblins do usually not play in higher tiers, this would only hurt the lower tier teams, if there are any legends at all...

therefore it would be something between bad or useless for an ongoing league.

however, it sounds funny for some playing these within mm environment vs farmed teams.

but i doubt one would meet a lot of legends as opponents are usually chosen to be near your own tv?

On 4/20/2017 at 0:42 PM, dode74 said:

Expensive mistakes is missing and we still have Spiralling Expenses (which are optional in BB2106).

I know you sometimes have advance knowledge of future Blood Bowl products,  but this is just getting silly.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the the origins from Freud... but come on, obsessive attention to detail and anuses just shouldn't be a thing.  Asses... asses are another story.  We obsess over asses, of all kinds really.  As a bonus, we can refer to overly fixated individuals as being an "Ass", and it would make much more sense... on multiple levels!  

On 2017-05-04 at 6:35 PM, Larkstar said:

I get the the origins from Freud... but come on, obsessive attention to detail and anuses just shouldn't be a thing. 

I think anal here is short for "anal retentive", which is another way to say "constipated" or possibly "has a stick up their ass"?

Awards

• 2 months later...