Show your minis!

I am far from a pro, but here are my points. 
Ok you have quite the steady hand, that's a team with helluvah detail. I like that you've gone for that skin color, quite original. There are a few basic techniques that you should practice that will increase a lot your productivity and results, and with that steady pulse can yield very good results, mostly highlightning with lighter tones, after all these are cartoonish miniatures. 

The bad, if I dare to say it so, is that the color combination you've gone for ain't particularly good, or rather, it's very difficult to get that combination to shine. My advise is to use a color wheel app like this one to chose the 3-4 colors of choice for the team. 

Cheers for the feedback! I wanted to go for a non-typical colour scheme, but I get that it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Purple is basically a mix of blue and red, which is why I went this route.

It’s possible that I overdid it with the red on the linemen (I did that to make them instantly recognizable compared to the blitzers) and the close-up photos do exaggerate that more compared to viewing them on the pitch in a game.

Did you look at the blitzer, runner and witch elf in the album photos? They have less red in their schemes. 

Awards

I´m in the camp where "less is more". When I painted minis I tried to keep it basic like 3 colors I knew works together, maybe more on some smaller details.
What you got here is mainly armour, some skin & some cloth. That´s 3 colors with some nice highlights added later. Hair can come in many variations, but I guess Grey highlighted with White may make an impact on black skin tone.

Greebo’s Obsidian Dusk Dark Elves doesn´t look to be some of the easier models to paint either to be fair.

(I tried to paint some Dark Elves with their "traditional" Warhammer Purple, but to be honest I failed despite having some experience. Purple might work on smaller details of cloth, or an all covering dress of Morathi something. But I learned to try to not use Purple at all. But it´s also a matter of taste mind you)

Awards

The linemen in the team have the most red, because I wanted them to be immediately recognisable on the field compared to the blitzers. If you look at the images in the gallery that I linked to you'll see a blitzer that has some gold instead of red on the helmet. I'd be interested to know if you think any of the other minis in the gallery (blitzer, runner and witch) work better than the lineman does, as they have less red in their schemes.

Awards

• 6 months later...

Looking good so far. It's nice and neat, plus  the vibrant colours give it an old school vibe. The rusty skin tone contrasts well against the green and blue, with it being a warmer colour. I'd be tempted to make the tail a warmer colour too, maybe a pink/bronzed flesh colour so that it complements the skin tone and stands out more from the armour plates and cloth. Good job though! Only 11 more, plus a rat ogre to go! ☺️

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Next up on Ally's Carousel of Unfinished Wonders...

Making my own wraiths to update my necro for BB2020, as I'm not having a bloody washing line as a player...

20210123_190557.jpg?width=351&height=468