Kingsrule77's CCL Pidpad challenge

Kingsrule77

So I guess my run with the Frosty Beverages Norse team could count as my first team in the Pidpad challenge. 

17-12-11

Overall Norse experience: So Norse were my first ever team in BB1(and by extension Blood Bowl in general) so there may be a bit of a soft spot for them. This team is fun. Strong with all the block. Faster than most teams. Frenzy needs to be managed but if handled well it can be a game breaking surf machine. All the pieces are great with one exception. I found this team to be flexible and more durable than I thought. I found the team/bank management interesting. Losses can be a problem but with such a flexible combination of speed, ST, block and dauntless sprinkled throughout the team ways can be found to solve most problems.  

On the pieces: 

Yeti: I love the Yeti. He's big, shaggy, has claw and can frighten bash teams. However, I'm not sure you get much value out of him after 1 skill.  Barring doubles it seems that after Mighty Blow you're giving him skills he can't reliably get value out of. Mine had MB, Guard, Juggernaught. I found that unless I was using him all the time I wasn't seeing enough value. Add to that his unreliable positioning and AV8 and you can have a lot of TV sitting in the injury box really early. 

Linemen: 

Awesome. So much for so little. By default they can be made into a variety of toolbox players and a line of fending lino's is clearly annoying to opposing coaches. With a Stat boost or doubles suddenly you have an almost unique positional player. 

Runners:

Dope. I wasn't able to get these guys going until late due to a spate of injuries to expensive players. Their speed is key to the team I think. Dauntless is exceptionally useful when you don't want to frenzy hit someone. Their skill access is also invaluable. 

Berzerkers:

Great killers. My first one got tackle before piling on and I think that paid off for the team at the time. Jump up and piling on is a sick combo but at the time I A:needed players and couldn't risk my best guys getting kicked and B: decided it was more important to get a wardancer on the ground first and then decide what to do. 

Ulfwerner:

These guys are great. They weren't for me but the speed, frenzy and ST make them tremendous sideline threats. As far as skills go mine never got more than 1 before they were crippled or killed but Block made them incredible. If I could have gotten guard on them regularly the team could have really taken off. 

Thrower: Useless. I don't mean to be mean Mr. Thrower. I can see your value but you just didn't fit into my squad. 

All in all I thought the Norse were awesome. 

Now for a new team. 

It's been great fun following the exploits of the Frosty Beverages, and I look forward to the next team. I can personally recommend Underworld, it's a challenge (due to AV7 and quite a bit of Stunty), but they can also become quite the force at medium TV.

7 hours ago, Borke said:

It's been great fun following the exploits of the Frosty Beverages, and I look forward to the next team. I can personally recommend Underworld, it's a challenge (due to AV7 and quite a bit of Stunty), but they can also become quite the force at medium TV.

Underworld seems crazy. Alas I haven’t got the expansion yet. Christmas lurks however so I’ll have it soon. 

So I’m thinking it’s gonna be one of 

Dwarfs(maybe with my crazy Deathroller/no apo experiment) 

Dark Elves (a disaster the last time I tried them) 

Orcs 

Lizards(had fun with them last time) 

Or maybe something else. Who knows!