Zandri Riddlers

bob152

5 hours ago, bob152 said:

H6F0WY5.jpg

I can actually hear the evil laughter through this image.

Well done. I support Khemri players in general as they are the closest an Undead race can get to being Ogres. Best of luck for next Season!

• 3 weeks later...

Zandri Riddlers S8

We got double promoted into 4C. Div has 3 others with just 9 games, 4 with 18, a 27 and a 36.

TVs are way higher than ours. Team right now:

1GwExoi.png

I need a DP skel and TG SPP. Bad. We have a full bank and the full 4RRs,. I'll have whatever bench I want. 

Opponents:

Veteran Vamps with 5 good, leveled vamps. We play this game at home to avoid their Wizard stadium. 

Veteran Kislev with nice catchers but only 1 blitzer. They have a vampire lineman. 

Zons with stacked guard

Delf with +ST witch

Puny Humans with stacked guard, +ST, +AG

RAT1 with a prefect stormvermin and plenty of great choices on mutations

RAT2 with a rat ogre and a bunch of wrestle

Goat1 with solid devleopment, +AG goat and a mino

Goat2 with mino and balanced development

Pretty solid schedule. With both rat games at home the stadium enhancement becomes more desirable (security gate most likely). Some well made teams. No boring kill squads- more a group developed to try to win games. 

We start the schedule with Motb and his Goats on Saturday- can't wait the layoff has made the boys very bloodthirsty. I'll get 240- probably buy a bench skel and Setekh or perhaps wizard and bribe. Still deciding. 

Aah the Pillar is ready for the damn season to begin!

P6no5mP.jpg?1

18 hours ago, bob152 said:

Zandri Riddlers S8

We got double promoted into 4C. Div has 3 others with just 9 games, 4 with 18, a 27 and a 36.

TVs are way higher than ours. Team right now:

1GwExoi.png

I need a DP skel and TG SPP. Bad. We have a full bank and the full 4RRs,. I'll have whatever bench I 

18 hours ago, bob152 said:

Veteran Kislev with nice catchers but only 1 blitzer. They have a vampire 

P6no5mP.jpg?1

2 blitzer m8

Rats! and then Rats!

Week 1:

Rats!

84ZL96K.png

@Motb had PC issues and had to forfeit. 2-1 good guys.

Week 2:

Rats!

W4s5kd4.jpg

@LadyKilljoy came in with full 14 rat roster stacked with wrestle and SS. Your heroes also had a full 14, a freshly purchased roof on the stadium, and we kicked in 20k to get the chainsaw. 

Rats receive and score. They ran the 'don't roll two 1s in a row' offense to perfection. I managed to push them to score on 3 so we had a solid drive left.

My drive was tormented by a never ending string of SS wrodgers who didn't want to go down or die once they did. Aggressive rat play and accurate confidence that b/w/odge would defeat my 1 tackle, the rats got a few 1 die shots at the ball. They even poked it out once but we picked it up. Turn 8 I used a ball carrier blitz to force either a POW or at worst a clean dodge out. The rats saw the genius of my plan and sidestepped to the wrong square in a valiant attempt to confuse me. It didn't work, 1-1 at half. 

11-11 with a chainsaw and the ball, things were looking pretty good. That stopped quickly. The rats employed the same mix of SS/blodge to play full contact and my mummies just refused to knock anyone down or hurt them. Chainsaw ejected but took a GR with him. Eventually they 1die poked the ball out again, and this time bounced to a free and clear GR, damn his eyes. The rats almost paid for a stall when I knocked their ball carrier down but they were in position to recover and all my hurled jinxes did not stop the RRless GR from picking the ball back up and scoring. 

2 turn attempt: We got 3 guys in scoring range and had 1 clean to the EZ. Failed to catch the kickoff and failed all 4 pickup attempts, so we didn't get to show off our superior mummy passing attack. 2-1 bad guys. 

GG ladykilljoy. Good build and good use of that build. Our first loss. BOOOOO. 

Post game: TG MVP! Rolled doubles! Welcome to having block, TG #2. And rolled 5+5 on my KOR/Block throra. Hmmmm. Opinions?

Next: @wismerhill and slann. As was foretold in my season preview, he is down to 1 blitzer for our match. We will need to get our killing shoes ready to pull that one out. 

15 hours ago, bob152 said:

Post game: TG MVP! Rolled doubles! Welcome to having block, TG #2. And rolled 5+5 on my KOR/Block throra. Hmmmm. Opinions?

Thinking about Dodge over +MA?

Even though the rest of your team won't be able to keep up, +MA is always useful, whereas Dodge drops off as soon as a Tackle-dude shows up and you probably won't be trying to Dodge away from anything with AG2.

Now that I've thought it over,... Dodge is garbage.

What're you considering instead of going +MA?

I'm also on the +MV wagon.

But...

Since I can't help myself, give a thought to Diving Catch.  With KOR, it now gives you 4 Squares to get a free catch attempt on Kick Off.  And if you are so inclined, you suddenly have a 6MV guy who will catch accurate passes on a 3+ and can also take Nerves of Steel as a normal skill.  

On 8/25/2018 at 8:27 PM, bob152 said:

Next: @wismerhill and slann. As was foretold in my season preview, he is down to 1 blitzer for our match. We will need to get our killing shoes ready to pull that one out. 

Dude.... I am 0-3-8 from last season till now... you need no shoes of any sort to get a giftwrapped win from me...

The rats saw the genius of my plan and sidestepped to the wrong square in a valiant attempt to confuse me. It didn't work, 1-1 at half.

That was so embarrassing! Why did you share that!!? :D

GG ladykilljoy. Good build and good use of that build. Our first loss. BOOOOO. 

Thanks for the match report dude, it was an exciting match I think!

Awards

On 25.8.2018 at 8:27 PM, bob152 said:

What about Side Step? Together with eventually Fend, it drastically increases the chances of getting away after a sack attempt. Also allows you to use him offensively - all the scariest Khemri teams I've faced always had the Throw-Ras able to present threats, too. Could make him a surfer as well with Frenzy.

MD3: Mummy Fail, Fail, Fail Again

HZwdsrf.jpg

@wismerhill Kislev had a great game plan: Never fail a roll, never get knocked down, and never get hurt. My own plan (what if we tried to win rolling all 1s and skulls- they'll never see it coming!) was less successful. 

Game started with my chainsaw failing his only action. Then the Slann used a 4ST/4AG wrestle linevamp and a guard catcher to poke the ball out. I used the only defense available to that: put guards around the ball, make them roll a lot, and make them pay for being in contact after they get the ball out. This plan does not work when they make all the extra rolls and no amount of blocking made them pay a price for any of it. 

This pattern repeated for most of the match: Slann using their 2 man ball gathering squad and never paying a price for putting their 2 best players in harm's way every turn. 

By the end, they started feeling the dice avalanche and starting just going wild: Why leap into a cage when you just dodge in? What if we pick it up in a bunch of TZS? Let's get the 3 ag guys in TZs involved! It got ugly and no amount of 3 die blocks or gang fouls exacted any retribution. Just one of <those> games. It happens.

GG man, do that shit to the others too. 

NEXT:

@Oberwald and humans. They are one of my fellow 2nd season teams. They have stacked guard, several great stat ups, and a multiblock ogre. They look to be a pretty aggressive scoring team. Not much to do here but normal grind. I'll be foregoing the chainsaw forever after its entirely pathetic contributions in back to back losses, but not a factor here as we look to be pretty even in TV. This bad streak has to end somewhere- let's end it a pile of puny human skulls!

I know it looked the dice were ever in my favor, but I passed 70% of leap rolls (which are 67%, but most were 83% with AG4) (of the 4 sacks I had to use a RR on the 2+ leap btw), but we had 5 RR for the first half.  my overall dice average was 3.2 which is bit below average.

With 2 players like Carl and Bill I can do a lot of stuff :)

the pitch invasion with 6 of you vs  of me didnt help you either

oh and btw the sequence for that 2nd sack was 2+3+4+ and then a 2die. i had a RR in hand..

You are totally correct that I truly got away on the casualty side! My Kislev actually deliverd more than received...

GG and Gl next match!

13 hours ago, bob152 said:

MD3: Mummy Fail, Fail, Fail Again

HZwdsrf.jpgNEXT:

@Oberwald and humans. They are one of my fellow 2nd season teams. They have stacked guard, several great stat ups, and a multiblock ogre. They look to be a pretty aggressive scoring team. Not much to do here but normal grind. I'll be foregoing the chainsaw forever after its entirely pathetic contributions in back to back losses, but not a factor here as we look to be pretty even in TV. This bad streak has to end somewhere- let's end it a pile of puny human skulls!

We'll see about that!?

See you on the pitch!

MD4: FUCK THAT-- oh nevermind

My mummies vs guard heavy puny humans. Went in with less than 50 inducements until @Oberwald bought a chainsaw Ended up with 130 and spent for the wizard. Both teams full and healthy. 

We received. kick went deep and then out, but that left my guy deep. The puny humans did not press him but it took a long ass time to get him where I wanted him. Opening blocks were meh as usual. We fouled a +ST guy to a BH and traded him the rook skel that did the deed with a red card. The humans used guard and an utter lack of fear to play a very aggressive full contact. When our blocks didn't resolve the matter, we were stretched out and not fully caged. I broke left and hoped to make him fail a roll somewhere. He put 6 in a box in front of the cage so I hit him with the wizard. Chainsaw went out with a KO, other 5 were fine perhaps 2 were knocked down. I broke for the open spot and tagged guys that could get him. One of them dodged free and poked ball out. I ended the half playing frantic defense to end the half and barely managed the task/ 0-0 at half. 

I got a BLITZ! event to open his half on a deep kick. I got aggressive. I went with my best Blood Bowl instinct- make the other guy roll as much as possible. Sadly I failed to keep a guy back as I only had one blitzer for the drive. The puny humans had the right guys in the right place and pick up, pass, catch all worked. They ended up with a fast catcher deep and nothing I could do about it on turn 1. DOH. Got aggressive with a conservative team and paid the price. BUT WAIT...

The puny human ogre went for some SPP before the score and got a both down/loner! I knocked the ball out and got my guys down there by it. Suddenly we have a shot at this thing. Oberwald pulled some nice moves here to get the ball back out. It went off the pitch and scattered far into the deep open field in front of the humans. I gave chase but the humans scored. 0-1 and a 3 turn try. 

I did a standard run enough guys deep so that I had at least some way to score. Our blocks went ok enough that I felt my best option was to keep the original ball carrier and put guys near him. Again Oberwald made good moves and puzzled out a way to get the damn ball out. Then his end of turn 'why not' moves also secured him the ball. He decided to run to the middle instead of punting but it was over. GG. Damn it. BUT WAIT...

My depseration play poked the ball out, picked up that ball with skel, handed off to a skel, and double GFI with no RR by a skel! WTF!? YAY! 1-1 game. 

GG man. 

I was pissed all game. 60 blocks for 1 ko/ 0 cas. Took 5 cas on way fewer blocks. Just kind of got attritioned. Another match with nothing to show for a team giving me essentially as many blocks as I could make. But the dumb ass miracle at the end saves the point. We'll take it! We have decided to save all our kill dice for @meebee and his Amazons next week. 

SO i like to put pics in these. I googled (google is this Zandri Riddlers fan site where all the fans get together to make art for team match reports). Of course I searched for "Miracle Mummy". Wow! Apparently there's some guy who is fucking named that! 

FTTO4XQ.jpg

I mean Nuffle bless a guy who is named Miracle Mummy. But here's more what I was looking for. 

N9ZXuX2.jpg

Ah well. Terrible season so far. we can't punch our way out a wet paper bag and every team seems to have an unlimited supply of wet paper bags. But now the team has a baby! We were going to name him Miracle Mummy but apparently that is taken. So we named him Eric Thothmosis IV. He was born in a miracle and he'll bring us all the luck.

We turn it all around next week! Let's kill some Zons.

@bob152 i hope not!

we lost 5 players to those humans.

One fired to prevent the free wizard.

Then i lost 4 due to 5 of 5 retiring injury dices (apo did shit again).

1/3rd of my team gone vs noguard. Two seasons of careful nurturing flushed down

You had a bad match vs that team.

I had a bad match that ruined my team and season.

Killing Zons?

Thalestris_Playercard.jpg

Fu** Off!

We will show you the end of eternity! :P

• 2 weeks later...

MD 5: Mummy Smash!

As predicted in this space last week, the mummies came out for blood this match. 

On 9/8/2018 at 9:45 PM, bob152 said:

We turn it all around next week! Let's kill some Zons.

We beat @meebee and his Zons 2-0, causing 5 cas including 2 late Kills. 

They finally put on the armor of Horus and did battle against evil. 

NZplc8y.jpg

First half: We hired the stab mummy. He was fine except I didn't know how to blitz with him at first and wasted a damn early blitz. We grind and score. Get a 1-0 scoring advantage and a 9-11 player advantage for 2nd kickoff. 

Second half: Meebee has to keep retreating as his breakthroughs don't work. My numbers advantage starts getting crazy. A lot of POW dice and good armor rolls here. At the end, I blitz down an unprotected ball carrier (unprotected as the other ladies were in the cas box or stunned or surrounded). I have a stake in the Suido Saloon Unlikely Score this week, so I went ahead and tried to pick up the ball with a TG in a TZ. Of course- when the dice avalanche is this much on your side, you lean in. We score with a TG on turn 16 to close a very dicy 1 sided match. 

Both kills of veteran Zon players happened way late in the match and might speed the demise of this squad as this is the second serious culling they have faced in quick succession. Maybe one of the dead ladies is looking for a new team?

fGV8POn.jpg

GG man. Not much you could do with such a numbers advantage. GL with the rest of your season. 

Next is division contender @Rinjarni and his Apex Predators, a standard kill-chaos squad with well-balanced growth. We'll get a shit ton of inducements. We're leaning on finding as many ways to punch the killers back as possible. Looking forward to it!

MD6: Meh

1-1 vs Apex Predators

I made several mistakes this match that took a potential win and got a draw out of it. Going in, I had his TV read as 1810, so I prepared inducements for that. That was not his TV. I had to decide on the spot and took the wizard. 

His drive went pretty well: @Rinjarni kept failing his farm pass attempts, his Claw/MB CW was kept at bay, and the threat of the wizard forced the early score on turn 5. Down 0-1 but looking good. 

My 4 turn attempt was weak. Throra failed the initial pickup and just didn't get upfield fast enough. I should have used the wizard here to clear a path but didn't think to do it until I had already moved. 0-1 at half. 

My drive went pretty standard but I had to break away after the wizard failed and I was getting bogged down. Luckily his blitz only got a push on the ball carrier. 

On his ensuing 2 turn attempt, my good friend Ra kept his ag4 guy off the pitch with sweltering heat and then sent a blizzard to make the try even harder. Thanks man- we owe you one. 

B35ppra.jpg

So we had the help of the weather, kept his Claw/MB guy without wreaking havoc, and he failed a key blitz. And we still were only able to pull a draw. BOOOOO. GG man. 

At least our failure was rewarded with a rookie TG MVP, who promptly rolled a 6+6. 

Next is rat salad ala @RyuRada He has both SV with claw/MB and one with PO too, and he keeps a BT Rat Ogre. Dang! On the plus side, he has no guard on the roster. Looks like I'll be going for the saw and bribes with my inducements- rats hate saws. 

1 hour ago, bob152 said:

MD6: Meh

1-1 vs Apex Predators

I made several mistakes this match that took a potential win and got a draw out of it. Going in, I had his TV read as 1810, so I prepared inducements for that. That was not his TV. I had to decide on the spot and took the wizard. 

His drive went pretty well: @Rinjarni kept failing his farm pass attempts, his Claw/MB CW was kept at bay, and the threat of the wizard forced the early score on turn 5. Down 0-1 but looking good. 

My 4 turn attempt was weak. Throra failed the initial pickup and just didn't get upfield fast enough. I should have used the wizard here to clear a path but didn't think to do it until I had already moved. 0-1 at half. 

My drive went pretty standard but I had to break away after the wizard failed and I was getting bogged down. Luckily his blitz only got a push on the ball carrier. 

On his ensuing 2 turn attempt, my good friend Ra kept his ag4 guy off the pitch with sweltering heat and then sent a blizzard to make the try even harder. Thanks man- we owe you one. 

B35ppra.jpg

So we had the help of the weather, kept his Claw/MB guy without wreaking havoc, and he failed a key blitz. And we still were only able to pull a draw. BOOOOO. GG man. 

At least our failure was rewarded with a rookie TG MVP, who promptly rolled a 6+6. 

Next is rat salad ala @RyuRada He has both SV with claw/MB and one with PO too, and he keeps a BT Rat Ogre. Dang! On the plus side, he has no guard on the roster. Looks like I'll be going for the saw and bribes with my inducements- rats hate saws. 

well my rats can kick off the friday between 17:00 - 23:00 UTC :P

• 6 months later...

wWroKtu.jpg

We're back! I'm going to try this again. I think i'll hold my own interest if i try to add more than just match reports. We'll see. 

Last season: 4th place. We found our killing stroke. So did our enemies. 

Week 9: We played the already crowned Dark Elfs of @Kazman29. We need the Dirty Git crown and a win to promote. Very dicy game.

They have leaping strippers, don't miss AG rolls. They take the ball and score twice-- in MY half-- and the game is over. I mean we did some damage with fouls but dude this is over. But wait, look at all that text below this! Something must have happened. 

2nd half we kick. We get a Blitz! The kick is close! We get aggressive and set up to take the kick. The throra drops it. It bounces totally clear. It's in 1 TZ and we're exposed and too far upfield. The delfs grab the ball and go downfield. I manage to prevent the stall by killing but it's 0-3, turn 10. What a disaster. But wait more text.

We're stomping up a storm. We have a numbers advantage. Fuck it we're going for it. Deep kick hurts us. But we make a two turn score that requires a successful pass. We take out more delfs. They'll be setting up 6/7 for the rest of the game (and into next season too, we really did some damage here). 

We kick. We tag everyone and go upfield. We get the ball. We score quickly, again. Holy shit we have a shot!

We kick again. Blitz! again! We set up aggressively. On turn 15 we even  get the fucking ball again! In scoring range! With our RR! Holy shit we pulled it off. Well i mean 35/36. Surely we got this. oh shit failed gfi. still 5/6. Oh shit. Oh fuck. Ball throws in. across pitch. Into the hands of a fucking delf. AH god damn it all. 2-3 loss. But an exciting one. GG man. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Season

We have rookie blitzras due to the aforementioned skill of our enemies at killing us. We have a TG missing game 1. We do hav 2 block TGs and a +ST. We have a +ST thro-ra. We have the best khemri skels ever/meh. 

Division is kill central. Mongloom and his khemri. CDs. Stacked Nurgle. 2x Goats. Undead. Just so much kill wrapped around some Pelfs and Zons. Well shit, we can do this.