Orca Coins discussion

Rymdkejsaren

12 minutes ago, El Maldito said:

Hi!.

I know I can be one of the beneficiaries (very difficult..), but...  have you thought about giving Orca Coins to the finalists or semifinalists of the World Cup OCC?.

Un saludo.

We may consider rewarding a few coins to Brawl winners at some point, but the WCQ already has prizes: tickets to the World Cup!

We can't give out too many or the prize pool will fizzle. :gutted:

(HINT HINT DONATE GAMES.)

12 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

We may consider rewarding a few coins to Brawl winners at some point, but the WCQ already has prizes: tickets to the World Cup!

We can't give out too many or the prize pool will fizzle. :gutted:

(HINT HINT DONATE GAMES.)

Right, it's a good reason.

Un saludo.

12 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Hmmm... it might make it easier to do bets etc. if I multiplied all coin values and costs by 10.

Bit of extra work for me but easier to do now. Thoughts?

Can I give you ideas?

Give a new player 1 or 10 points to reach 50 in reputation (only the first time). With these points, you will not be able to buy anything (everything costs 2 or 20 points as a minimum), but with these points you can bet on matches or events that the administrators consider apt to be able to bet.

I know it can be hard work for administrators.

Un saludo.

Well, these coins have an actual value, so there's a problem with handing out too many as I'll either have to keep raising the cost of the games in the prize pool or it will run out.

HOBDUBb.jpg

While I like the idea of creating a miniature economy, I'm also wary of it because the coins have real value. Things may turn ugly if people run bets or bounties and can't pay up, for example. The main purpose of the coins is to rewards winners in the OCC. I don't fancy the idea of having to police betting rings as a side effect. :D

I think I'm happy to let coins be rare and valuable because that means bounties and bets will be a rare thing, taken more seriously and being more cherished.

1 hour ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Hmmm... it might make it easier to do bets etc. if I multiplied all coin values and costs by 10.

Bit of extra work for me but easier to do now. Thoughts?

This may be workable. I'll think about it for a while and share any unlikely insight ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...