My daughter graduated from the University of Cambridge...

Waleed

...with a 2.1 B.A. Honours in Philosophy today
Spent a good 6+ hours with her..home now, shattered.

Very plush surroundings at the Graduation Ceremony...in a building 296 years old...

I feel wonderful, and it was so lovely seeing her happy and successful :cool:

My Blood Bowl 2 results hardly matter for the foreseeable future - looking forward to finding out will that mean my results improve. stay the same, or suffer ?! 

Nice, grats to her! It's encouraging to hear that people are still getting educated in the actual sense of the phrase, not what people tell you to do when you disagree that coffee up your butt cures cancer ("omg educate yourself").

I find I play better Blood Bowl when I don't care as much about the result. Easier not to get worked up, I suppose. Anger is not good for the old meat processor.

16 hours ago, Rinjarni said:

well if she becomes one of your backroom staff i can only see an upward turn of events 

lol She does not like Blood Bowl at all - she is more into Manga and Horror and many Boardgames...when she gets the time - as she is a competitive rower too...:ninja:

9 hours ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Nice, grats to her! It's encouraging to hear that people are still getting educated in the actual sense of the phrase, not what people tell you to do when you disagree that coffee up your butt cures cancer ("omg educate yourself").

I find I play better Blood Bowl when I don't care as much about the result. Easier not to get worked up, I suppose. Anger is not good for the old meat processor.

Exactly :D.

7 hours ago, Francach said:

Congrats to her Waleed. It's nice to hear you're having a streak of good luck

It is surreal!..feels as if it is all a dream - life in 2018 is so different.

2006-2016 life was tough, with poverty 2012-2014, and then 2017 was an awful life or death situation.

2011-2014 Blood Bowl gaming was an escape from RL and in hindsight, I took it too seriously

2015-2016 it was an escape from RL but more like fun

2017 I never wanted to play Blood Bowl again...
...now in 2018 it feels a luxurious treat :)

So much so that I will be playing as:

Chaos here at the OCC
Goblins and Dark Elves over at the UKBBL

Underworld over at RPS
,,,and Dark Elves over at OYBBL

@Waleed

Very sincere congrats to you and your daughter.

I learn the lesson every few games that Nuffle is a complete dick and the 1's and skulls seem to be his daggers.

But I can let it go after a few minutes or if one of my family does his/her imitation of me while playing.

I am a gentleman online, but quite the f-bomber in front of the keyboard :clown:

Sincerely,

Sidley

Awards

22 hours ago, Sidley said:

@Waleed

Very sincere congrats to you and your daughter.

I learn the lesson every few games that Nuffle is a complete dick and the 1's and skulls seem to be his daggers.

But I can let it go after a few minutes or if one of my family does his/her imitation of me while playing.

I am a gentleman online, but quite the f-bomber in front of the keyboard :clown:

Sincerely,

Sidley

..I used to swear so much..slowly cut it down these last two years...!