Kislev Coach Support Group

J.J. Cash

My order of preference goes: Block, Pro, +ST. Block makes him a more active participant (until the Blitzer gets to MB), Pro makes him a more reliable positional tool (50/50 to not leave a gaping hole in your defense when he goes dumb), ST makes him more bloaty until he dies to a clawPOMBer rolling a bothdown (since they will also have so much Guard, the extra ST doesn't matter).

My thought`s are +st allows him to mark more players (tail) & get 3d blocks more easily to give a greater chance of putting the opposition down. I appreciate these aims don`t work together, but are weapons depending on circumstances.

Not had to make a 6+6 decision so far on the Bear, so interesting to hear your view, will keep it in mind.

Awards

Okay, had my other Skaven opponent in a row, and just like the last game, it ended in a 2-2 draw (with no permanent injuries!). Though this time it was close, seeing how I suffered 15 armor breaks over the game, while the rats had 6 armor breaks... mine were KOs and injuries, his were stuns. And then they got a blitz while I was 3 guys down...

Anyway, dangerous moments were had when I made an executive call and spent my apo on negating a death on an SPP-having lineman on t11. I know, I know, but my earnings rolls have been so bad that I didn't like the idea of needing to refill that position. Luckily, I wasn't punished for this greediness. And I was right, earnings roll was 2 once again (not a single one of them has been over 3).

Got a level on a lineman, gave him Wrestle. Have 130k in the bank, I could get a 4th Catcher now that the others have Dodge already, or a second Blitzer (now that the first one is almost at lv3). Then I'd be at 12 player roster and 1300-ish TV.

Next game is gonna be awkward, I'll face a Norse team that gave all their players MB as first skill, and can get 2 bribes with inducements. So that's gonna be, uh, yeah.

So, that Norse match. Won it, but... I got 3 dead, one of them my 16 SPP Catcher (because I'd already used the apo on saving my Blitzer from -AG), and a dead lino got the MVP.

I've been blessed by avoiding such hits this far, so the game decided to pile all of them in at once. Right now, I have 5 players available for next match (as 3 linos took MNG CASes), which means I will lose more MVP xp. Or, I have enough cash to get 2 newbie Catchers.

Opponents left are Necro, division-leading Chaos (with MB on everything that levels), and then, fellow Kislev. And I just don't think I can level anything up enough to face real teams after this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy. Had a game vs another Necro team in the rain, and my guys could not roll anything but 1s and 2s, while their wolves had no trouble picking the ball up in the rain.

On a positive note, bought myself back up to 10 players after the game. But I don't think this is going anywhere, since you can barely get basic skills on anyone, then they die.

I made it to tier 4 with 13 players, two STR4 wrestle linemen, one developed blitzer, and 3 developed catchers.  By the end of the season I lost both STR4 linemen, my blitzer, and 2 of my developed catchers!

The cost of the players is just too high for how fragile they are.  And once you're down to skill-less players playing against mid TV teams you can't really develop them back.

But it's fun while it lasts!

I was able to reach tier 1. Ended season on last place with both of my str 4 players dead - st4 pomb block tackle blitzer and str 4 wrestle tackle lino. It was still pretty playable team (mainly couse of busted agi 5 catcher, block krox and blodge guard lino) however I was sure that i will not be able to rebuild in tier 2 ( i would have to drop at least to tier 3 to rebuild) so decided to reroll. With kislev the biggest problem is when they explode in high tier - If you loose 1 or 2 key players team will not perform couse skilling players is not easy.

Also... get a wizard stadium and embrace the bloat.

Awards

Faced Chaos with MB as the first skill on everyone. And now the game decided to favor me absurdly much, as all they got all game was pushes, while my bear took 3 of them off the pitch in the first 3 turns. So I won 3-0, and got my first good earnings roll

My MD9 is against fellow Kislev, who have a very ambitious 4 Blitzer 1 Catcher lineup. They don't have a bear, which boggles my mind - my bear now has Guard (since he got a very deserved MVP). So you know my plan, it's a slow grind up the pitch.

On 3/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, wismerhill said:

Got them to t2 with those 6, but didnt play in t2 as tge tv was still higher than the average t2 team...

Had 2 s4 players

The 6448 tackle strip ball lineman was king

That’s a familiar statline!

51 minutes ago, Borke said:

Well, you know which skills to give them, then: Leap, Tackle, Strip Ball ;)

Yet to try that build on a vamp. I’d consider it on AG5 but my current +AG vamp also has +MA so is a bit limited for skill slots.

New depth`s:

Turn 1( Kicking) first block - dead Kislev. First blitz - dead Kislev.

Turn 4 Dead Kislev.

Tried to save my +st lino, but apo`d to -st!

By turn 5 outnumbered  4-7 Swelt ht took one Kislev/4 Lizards.

Just pressed end turn at this stage for the rest of the game.

Team is now 6, 5 available for next game though ,2 have perms.

90k in bank.

This follows first 2 games where both my opponent`s acknowledged my, almost, unbelievable bad dice.

Worst part, still 6 games to play with this "team".

Awards