Kislev Coach Support Group

J.J. Cash

Just had a game vs 90 k above me Chaos Dwarves. First half, no chance to hold off the td. Second half, good kick on his part, he steals the ball. I steal it back but he can surf me with the ball, blessed throw in towards me, I am able to get the ball to the other half and his whole team all in mine. I score with 3 turns left. He gets quad skulls on his line of scrimmage, I can steal the ball still on the ground and pass it towards his endzone and can score again in turn 16. What a show. 2-1-2 now and 4th on the leaderboard. We'll see what happens next.

Awards

Another glorious match against 370 up Orcs. Even though I rolled 3 doube skulls and at least 2 double-ones and a wizard-fireball against a 5 orc cage only affected one orc, I stole the ball out of a guard-cage and scored in the opponents attack on turn 8. The whole match was so that easy things constanty failed and improbable combinations succeeded. For instance, a stab-wound injured a black-orc. A failed quick pass in turn 9 allowed the orcs to to counter-score and a spectacular multi-leap attack by the Kislevites could be thwarted by a +6 dodge along one of their bitzers. Still, was only a +2+2+2+3+2 from winning and rolled, of course, a 1, followed by a double-skull by the opponent, leaving us with a draw.

Edited by Ugh (Oook!)

Awards

13 hours ago, Ugh (Oook!) said:

Another glorious match against 370 up Orcs. Even though I rolled 3 doube skulls and at least 2 double-ones and a wizard-fireball against a 5 orc cage only affected one orc, I stole the ball out of a guard-cage and scored in the opponents attack on turn 8. The whole match was so that easy things constanty failed and improbable combinations succeeded. For instance, a stab-wound injured a black-orc. A failed quick pass in turn 9 allowed the orcs to to counter-score and a spectacular multi-leap attack by the Kislevites could be thwarted by a +6 dodge along one of their bitzers. Still, was only a +2+2+2+3+2 from winning and rolled, of course, a 1, followed by a double-skull by the opponent, leaving us with a draw.

You took Hemlock against orcs? Brave choice

Another very close match, this time against 500+ up Lizards. His ball-handling was godlike for skinks. Sacked him early but could not secure the ball, then counter-scored on turn 8. Was leading 2-1 iin the second half but he managed to score quickly, managed to sack me in my attack, and then in the last turn, with a pickup, gfi, handoff, went into 3-2. So close!

Awards

I lost my killer against Sage. It was a foul when I couldn't really prevent the TD anymore, but it was also my killer piece, so totally understandable. I also rolled a poor money roll once again. All this in mind I will 99% certainly reroll into something else (read: vampires) after this season. It was a good run but I don't feel like playing the next season just to check if money rolls will finally allow me to start rebuilding not only my depleted lineman roster but also my pool of positionals.

Aaand another interesting match against 500+ Orcs spamming `+AG, +Str and Guard. I attacked first, Slibli was injured in turn 1 but I managed to break through his line and thus a solid 4 turn TD while being decimated. Set up to blitz on defense, got the blitz but ball too far. Still managed some pressure but was almost wiped out from the field , so it was1-1 on half time, but got most of the KOs back with my babes. 

Then wizard lightning allowed me to steal the ball, dashed with a few people into his half and passed the ball towards the endzone. He tried to reclaim the ball, but I got a TD with two GFIs nonetheless. Then, some good positioning and because he was strapped for time, I even got an interception on his attack, but sadly, he managed to get the ball back in the following mass-brawl, ending the game 2-2. So, a draw that was more mine than his overall. 2-3-3, I guess I will stay in tier 3.

Awards

Looking at that Orc team i dont think draw is bad outcome thought! Shame that you didnt get the win! And that sounds like good replay to look up too lol

I have my MD9 game incoming. With win i will end up 1-3, with draw im 3rd or 4th and if i lose im just 4th. Lookin at all those decisions they've made in T1/T2 i assume i can get to T2.

4-2-1 is my record.

3 hours ago, Ratamo said:

Looking at that Orc team i dont think draw is bad outcome thought! Shame that you didnt get the win! And that sounds like good replay to look up too lol

I have my MD9 game incoming. With win i will end up 1-3, with draw im 3rd or 4th and if i lose im just 4th. Lookin at all those decisions they've made in T1/T2 i assume i can get to T2.

4-2-1 is my record.

Yeah, to be honest, at the beginning, I wasn't even sure I'd score one TD, let alone almost win 3-1! So, I am very happy with the draw.

Awards

And another near win, just one gfi with a loner (but no rerolls were left anyway) against 600+ pro elves. First half, solid 8 turn td on my offense, then opponent gets a riot and scores in two turns. I sack the ball on his attack, get surfed with it and the ball goes back into his half, he goes potato the other side, the wizard sorts that out nicely with a KO, manage to secure the ball but we're both running out of players, me having a slight numbers advantage. Last turn it was either hand off to skitter with two gfis or to loner with one, the hand off worked, the gfi, sadly, did not.

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like i get new kislev-off this season and this time against @Ugh (Oook!) !

And as @tubragg managed to promote we've got quite race as there ain't any other kislevs on top tier!

GL to y'all and let's hope all of us (and from lower tiers too) promote so we can show them all!

On 12/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, Ratamo said:

Looks like i get new kislev-off this season and this time against @Ugh (Oook!) !

And as @tubragg managed to promote we've got quite race as there ain't any other kislevs on top tier!

GL to y'all and let's hope all of us (and from lower tiers too) promote so we can show them all!

I had never thought I would make it to tier 2, much less with Kislev. Looking forward to our leap-off! 

Awards

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, Ratamo said:

Beauty and the Leap coming next season!

Bear

2x Blitzer

Catcher

6 Linos

3x RR

Few things i havent tried yet, like grab & jump up combo and can't try em in CCL so next season it is!

lets hope we dont end up in the same div so we dont have to hurt fellow kislevites

• 3 weeks later...

Well i took more standard route:

Bear

Blitzer

2 Catchers

7 Linos

3 RR

TV 980

Was against Dark Elves, managed to sack the ball and it scatterd on others hand (+5). Yay.

As they failed 3+ pass ball scatterd to other side where we fought for the ball. Failed 3 pickups in row (and one scattering ball on top of that)

Managed to score on my attacking half with blitzer and game ended 1-0. Total 10SPP gained, lineman MNG and rolled 5 on money.

Good start! Next is some lizards..

• 2 weeks later...

3 games, 3 touchdowns scored, 0 touchdowns sustained and 9 points!

Catcher got level up and (s)he deserves dodge.

First lino leveled up aswell and he gets wrestle as i dont have any block just yet..

Rolled 6 on money and i have 100k now. One lino is MNG so question is should i save money for blitzer or should i just go with bear, 2 catchers and linos for now.

• 3 weeks later...