J.J. Cash

Kislev Coach Support Group

On linemen i wanna add few things and i know Bouffon wont agree!

As you can easily see your opponents from spike etc i would keep Strip Ball as an option. If you are facing little Sure Hands it is just golden combined with leap and wrestle! On later TV of course it loses it's effect a bit, but if your opponent has one ball carrier with SH injuring him on attacking half takes it off and ball is never safe!

And if you're gambler you could take it as first skill if you have kick and enough wrestle. If he dies, cheap one to replace. If he gets another skill perfect ballhawk on low tv. If he wont die and level another lino who has wrestle its easy replacement.

Fouler is part where i need more games to get one build up. Kislevs are fast and agile so less players there are on pitch easier time to kislevs!

Also if you feel brave you could make one lineman frenzy one as it is general skill, but juggernaut is missing from that "joker build". With leap it is pretty simple to crowdsurf opponents if they arent cautious and frenzy maximizes it!

For new kislev player i would go 2 blitzers, 1 catcher and 4 RR build and buu Apo first.

Awards

9 hours ago, Ratamo said:

As you can easily see your opponents from spike etc i would keep Strip Ball as an option. If you are facing little Sure Hands it is just golden combined with leap and wrestle! On later TV of course it loses it's effect a bit, but if your opponent has one ball carrier with SH injuring him on attacking half takes it off and ball is never safe!

I have nothing against strip ball... I just don't take most of the time because window of teams without sure hands is gone by before linemen level up :D 

9 hours ago, Ratamo said:

For new kislev player i would go 2 blitzers, 1 catcher and 4 RR build and buu Apo first.

People should learn by being kicked to the deep end, but I don't hate this build. Long as coach acknowledges that catchers are elves and that blitzers become good and cost effective with few levels, they can't go wrong.

4 RR build gives more safety, especially early tv when team has no block /dodge etc. It helps alot and as leaping everywhere can be cool thing getting that extra RR will help. Later on it's easier to realize when to leap and when to reroll.

Hell, i could go 4RR build with developed team too as many ocasions im out of RR's!

One last thing i realized me nor bouffon told was that you should try score with blitzers everytime it is possible. Catchers tend to hog the SPP and blitzers really need those levels!

Awards

Hi, 

Thanks Ratamo for tagging me in this page. 

I've only played 5 games with Kislev and loved every one, I've watch a good amount of YouTube videos as well and the way they play really excites me. 

If you know any good videos to watch or pages to read apart from this one of course, that would be great 

Thanks 

Before i started my kislev journey i watched few videos from Youtube. But gameplaywise i didnt many videos (or were too lazy search).

And as kislevs are extremely flexible on how to play on attack / defence (with some exeptions ofc) you just gotta find your way of playing.

Some videos/guides say they should play like woodies/skaven. Some say more like elf/human hybrid. Some say catchers are the key and some says that blitzers are the key. So i would suggest you take bits and pieces from everywhere and form your own team which works with your own playstyle.

Awards

On 10/10/2020 at 1:14 AM, Joey Wevs said:

If you know any good videos to watch or pages to read apart from this one of course, that would be great 

You could watch replays of OCC Kislev teams. I have too much free time and like to watch those on occasion. Replays do not have flashing signs pointing out good moves or those hard to spot small-but-critical decisions, but one can still learn from them... plus they are fun to watch!

I have most excellent high TV team. My playstyle switches between aggressive attacks and patient defence, sometimes during the same turn. It is also very impulsive and I am something of a (calculated) risk taker, but I must be doing something right to be where I am and have been. I'd recommend looking at my blitzer positioning especially, they seem to end up in right places by accident if nothing else.

@Ratamo has newer team, still developing. He is more aggressive player than I and tends to win or lose instead of getting draws. It is more losing than winning now, but such is life of relatively fresh Kislev team. Despite his aggressiveness, he favours safety much more than I do, leaving opportunities unused but securing his gains with greater precision.

@tubragg is the most aggressive Kislev coach OCC has, and it shows: half of their team is either dead or dying at any given moment. That didn't prevent them from reaching tier 1 and doing surprisingly well out there. If you want to see a match where 3 Kislev linemen turn a 1-0 loss into 1-2 win by themselves, Tubragg is most likely to have played that game. I wouldn't recommend being so ballsy all the time, but those outrageous plays can be a delight to watch.

@Ruszi, like me, has a good team going for him nowadays, but showed really strong skills even before that. They are the one I've watched the least of all coaches I now list, but I can't remember any single huge misplay from them. I need more data, but they are probably the best overall Kislev coach in OCC. Their amazing win record speaks for itself.

3 hours ago, Bouffon said:

If you want to see a match where 3 Kislev linemen turn a 1-0 loss into 1-2 win by themselves, Tubragg is most likely to have played that game.

Come now - I very rarely have 3 linemen on the pitch beyond the first couple of turns. I've been blessed with some good positionals, though.

I still remember that game against Khornight when my 5-6 remaining players against his 11 norse somehow turned 0-1 to 4-1 between turn 3 and turn 13... too bad I let him make it 4-4 before the match was over...

lol

Awards

Well attleast i know what to wait on MD3 then! I can foresee the future and will recommend that all of you look up that replay as two kislevs collide on matchday 3. Will it be hyperaggresdive @tubragg or semi-aggressive @Ratamo?

You can leap into conclusions now.

Awards

If we go by that terminology and my quick analysis of each coach... am I the passive-aggressive coach?

Undoubtedly... :clown:

By the way, my MD1 match should be watched only if you want to learn how to really screw yourself over from the first half and onwards.

Awards

I think it is good to have examples and you might have just managed to show us the things not to do :ham:

Awards

I just rolled 12 on my catcher with dodge, what to do... My mind tells me guard, but my heart tells me + St. I already have 3 guard linos ( 2 got wrestle first but I ain't complaining) and I already got a plus strength wrestle lino. My bear has guard as well, so I will be rolling some savage guard defence for kislev. What do I do?

Guard on 2+ leaper is much better than a guard on 3+ leaper for sacking purposes. Faster and dodgier guard has other purposes too. Still, I would take the strength. It makes your ball carrier harder to block/blitz down and allows it to do some blocking and blitzing itself and so on.  Not to mention that catchers level up really easy, and 1/6 levels is doubles (=guard) but only 1/36 is double sixes (=+ST).

How have things started season you fellow lunatics?

@tubragg managed to snatch a draw against me on MD 2. Otherwise my record thus far is perfect (before my MD4 match.)

How are things going in T6 @JamesJenks92 and @Joey Wevs?

How is your journey back to champs going @Bouffon?

Things are going quite well to @Ruszi! Would you tell me your secret?

@Ugh (Oook!), why didnt you join with me and tubbrag in 3A? I want more Kislev-offs! But hows things going in that division?

Awards

@Ratamo going well so far (3-0-0), id like a little more blitzer spp but not the end of the world. My availability is a little rubbish at the moment though, so struggling to fit my next couple of games in potentially but will see what happens. 

Managing to score in 2/3 turns relatively consistently on my offence so far, and often managing to to either turn opponent over or force another quick score so i can get 2 scores in a half as helped the SPP generation. Got a tough run of games coming up soon which will stunt the development of the team a little, but if i can get through them unscathed, then the team is set up nicely for the end of the season.

Awards

3 hours ago, Ratamo said:

How is your journey back to champs going @Bouffon?

Not very well, but I can still turn it around. My money problems might get solved, if the team survives rest of the season.

I avoided the pure bashkill teams, in my div only 1-2. I played risky, bear gfi score to level, handoff to blitzer without gfi to level. I was lucky in these situations at end of games. My team looks pretty good.

Edited by Ruszi

Somehow my 2-0-2 record, after my win today, makes me 3rd in my division. Likely to drop to 4th or even 5th after the last two matches get played, but I have a real shot at being in the top 3. I have but two real kill teams to meet, and the one I meet next week has but one AV7 clawpomb without tackle and only few guards. Worst part about them is their annoying clawmb blodge tentacles minotaur, but it will feel the POMB after I remove the AV7 killer... if things go according to my rough plan, that is.

After that it is more agile teams, but those are the things Kislev were invented to win more often than not. Let's say I end this season with 6-1-2 record! 

On 11/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, JamesJenks92 said:

Managing to score in 2/3 turns relatively consistently on my offence so far, and often managing to to either turn opponent over or force another quick score so i can get 2 scores in a half as helped the SPP generation. Got a tough run of games coming up soon which will stunt the development of the team a little, but if i can get through them unscathed, then the team is set up nicely for the end of the season

I assume you took beary approach and it worked? What roster you used?

On 11/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Ruszi said:

My team looks pretty good.

Indeed! I might struggle to catch you and Bouffon, bit maybe we meet in champs in two seasons if you keep that up!

Awards

@JamesJenks92 is currently leading 6B with 3-0-1 record and @Joey Wevs is on the bottom of the same with 0-1-3. Both teams have some development, but are lacking in blitzers. With some luck and skill, both can be turned into a beautiful teams. I wouldn't be surprised of a Kislev winning a division there, and at least @JamesJenks92 if not both Kislevs will be promoted, as it is T6.

@scaurus2000 has 1-0-2 record in 4A with this MD's match being unplayed and against flings. It has some horrible injuries but also a bear with 3 doubles and three statups. Only concern I have with it as a team is the lack of blitzers. I'd expect that they earn a couple of more wins and will promote to T3.

@Ratamo has respectable 2-1-1 record in 3A where @tubragg is in the 9th place with 0-2-2 record. Both teams have received a beating but in Tubragg's case it is of more permanent variety. Both are still viable teams, good even. I trust Ratamo lifts himself up from the bad dice he has had recently and stays high enough to be promoted... I hope Tubragg gets a moment's rest for the team and stays in T3.

@Ugh (Oook!) is in 3B with 1-1-2 record and clearly diminished team. Surviving players are good and with some luck the team might turn around, but it requires little of time to be truly great for the tier it is in.  I don't see them going promoted, but a skilled coach will keep them in T3 unless dice decide against it.

@Ruszi is leading 2B with 3-0-1 record. Team is good and almost void of any permanent damage. Looking at it, I don't really have any complaints... except the lack of stadium enhancement (and the boring human cheerleaders). I expect to see these guys in T1 next season... and I hope not my division, if I fail to climb back up to champs.

And then there is me, @Bouffon, in 1A. My record is 2-0-2 as I previously told, and I have just dropped to 4th place, and will drop to 5th perhaps, depending on the last unplayed match. My team is somewhat roughed up, but all the truly excellent players are still alive and well. I should be able to earn my ticket to champs, but it is far from sure.

I need to get past lizards (whose coach i've faced twice thus far with win and draw). After that i got low tv necro, high TV Ogre and double nurgles left. In theory it should be doable.

Awards

2-2-1 now

3 times my scoring opportunity failed (Snaked catch, failed 3+ pass with RR, failed gfi) while opponent failed once.

Next up is lower TV necro.

Awards