Season 9 Divisions chit-chat

C2MC

2 hours ago, Doomy77 said:

True, but nobody expects Ogres to run around winning titles either.

if that's what you want I recommend... er... not playing bb?

Also is that why you take chaos to tt?

I had an ogre team that was doing quite well in another league... last game 3 of them died.

I'm still in mourning about them. Anyway that game was extremely upsetting. But as pid says, bonehead is like bloodlust, you need to 2nd guess every action and continuously reassess your plans.

Flings must be the least stressful, expected too loose and only 2 good players you'd ever be concerned about loosing. Hmmm is that why there are soo many of them here?

Edited by Khornight

15 minutes ago, Doomy77 said:

I've never taken Chaos to a tournament in my puff. Are you sure you're speaking to the right person?

Ahh clearly not, maybe I'm thinking of the reason you had to call yourself doomy77

weirdly the reason I felt comfortable replying is partly that I thought you were someone else...

Edited by Khornight

6 hours ago, Khornight said:

bonehead is like bloodlust

No.  It is much worse.  The only two races I play.  Vampires just thrash a useless player and continue on.  Ogres are out for your opponent's turn as well.  Multiple bloodlust can end with your Vampires huddled around a meat bag.  They have the speed and agility to recover next turn, not to mention the skills.  If all of your ogres go boneheaded your opponent runs wild.

Ogres are much harder.  Vampires have been to the top tier multiple times, they are not that difficult.

Try adding two MA2 players to your MA5.

That said Ogres is probably the best matchup for flings as you can actually get 2D blocks on a ballcarrier.

Also the comment earlier about flings only caring about 2 players is wrong. You only care about the +AG flings.

Until you get one anyone can get hurt.

Afterwards you buy an apoth and cross your fingers every time he gets hit.

21 hours ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

And his originality!

Oh, wait...

Lol, I guess we can't all be blessed with entirely unique names...

Both my online and real world names are unique.

15 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

No.  It is much worse.  The only two races I play.  Vampires just thrash a useless player and continue on.  Ogres are out for your opponent's turn as well.  Multiple bloodlust can end with your Vampires huddled around a meat bag.  They have the speed and agility to recover next turn, not to mention the skills.  If all of your ogres go boneheaded your opponent runs wild.

Ogres are much harder.  Vampires have been to the top tier multiple times, they are not that difficult.

like isn't the same as equal. it's similar. You do have to regularly change your plans as both vamps and ogres... having to run back to a meat bag instead of standing there with no tacklezones is obviously less bad... but not disimilar.

15 hours ago, Tys123 said:

Try adding two MA2 players to your MA5.

That said Ogres is probably the best matchup for flings as you can actually get 2D blocks on a ballcarrier.

Also the comment earlier about flings only caring about 2 players is wrong. You only care about the +AG flings.

Until you get one anyone can get hurt.

Afterwards you buy an apoth and cross your fingers every time he gets hit.

Have you had a fling team with more than 2 players you were concerned about loosing?

40 minutes ago, jbecks said:

Ogres are amazing, so much fun.  If only they had goblins instead though!

im awaiting chaos pact for three big guy smash 

Nah Goblins are more expensive and worse at dodging. Ogres already struggle with their TV as is.

If someone were to buff them I'd give them 50k RR's. But again them being challenging to play is the whole point.

and goblins but they nurfed the ogres when they did a bunch of changes to 4th edition i think it was when they brought wrestle in and fend etc the extra skills, then ogres got the shitty snotlings the goblins were better cage defenders and TTM chances but the snotlingare better at on the offensive front 

Awards

3 hours ago, Khornight said:

like isn't the same as equal. it's similar. You do have to regularly change your plans as both vamps and ogres... having to run back to a meat bag instead of standing there with no tacklezones is obviously less bad... but not disimilar.

yes!  I see what you mean.   you do have to plan to fail.  They are similar in that way.  That is probably why I play them both.