W's Palate Cleanser

wismerhill

6 hours ago, Indiana Bones said:

AGI 4 snotling is good at stealing the ball though, and combined with the +1AGI/Strong arm ogre, that's a relatively reliable one-turner.

You have only one break tackle but two guards and a PO ogre, that means it should be easy to get 3 dices most of the time, which is much needed vs. blockers. Just win the murder race and you should be good!

FYI, agi makes no difference for throw team mate... strong arm is good though...

1 hour ago, Khornight said:

FYI, agi makes no difference for throw team mate... strong arm is good though...

It does, for the landing.

A snot normally lands on a 4+. With +1AGI is a 3+.

EDIT/ Oh wait, you meant on the Ogre... Well not the throw per se, but it can make the set up of the throw easier.

Edited by Indiana Bones

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

riiight....

the ogres saw that I had put in the dreaded '2' in the decisions thread and decided they wanted nothing of that sort...

game started with 2 boneheads on the LoS, but after that disaster set in for the vamps. It all started with a foul by Nobbla on the 7458 vamp that had gotten taken down on a block. BH no regen, Nobbla worth his inducements by T1 

after that the vamp 1's piled up;failed BL, dodges and GFI's all over the place, ogres taking out opponents. and an easy stroll to the TD line by T8. got a lvl on a gnoblar by a pass and the ag4 gnob lvld up by the TD. Nobbla had KO's 2 more players on a foul by then, but wasnt allowed to return as the bribe had been used earlier in the half

2nd half started and vamps did what vamps do, helped by 2 skull, bd and some failed gnoblar GFI and scored the 1-1 by T12 I think, hoping to get the win. the SA Ag3 ogre and the AG4 gnoblar had other plans though and a perfect pass put the gnob on the TD line. a heroic attempt by a thrall to get him down failed so we scored the 2-1 on T15.

The crowd didnt want to vamps to draw the game so they rioted, which left doomy's vamps only some T16 blocks and a pass. In the ogres final turn @Khornight got his 2nd cas and a lvlup..

lvlups:

rookie Gnob-> get +AG

AG4 gnob-> sprint

ogre-> 2nd PO

with 2 ag3 ogres, 2 ag4 gnobs and a nice spread of skills I just have to applaud the team and succumb to their wish to play yet another season (probably in T5). id like to ask @Com Yarrick, @C2MC @Cr_tiger or @Anraka if they have time during 2 MD's to take over the wheel as ill be on vacation, without a laptop...

1 hour ago, wismerhill said:

riiight....

the ogres saw that I had put in the dreaded '2' in the decisions thread and decided they wanted nothing of that sort...

game started with 2 boneheads on the LoS, but after that disaster set in for the vamps. It all started with a foul by Nobbla on the 7458 vamp that had gotten taken down on a block. BH no regen, Nobbla worth his inducements by T1 

after that the vamp 1's piled up;failed BL, dodges and GFI's all over the place, ogres taking out opponents. and an easy stroll to the TD line by T8. got a lvl on a gnoblar by a pass and the ag4 gnob lvld up by the TD. Nobbla had KO's 2 more players on a foul by then, but wasnt allowed to return as the bribe had been used earlier in the half

2nd half started and vamps did what vamps do, helped by 2 skull, bd and some failed gnoblar GFI and scored the 1-1 by T12 I think, hoping to get the win. the SA Ag3 ogre and the AG4 gnoblar had other plans though and a perfect pass put the gnob on the TD line. a heroic attempt by a thrall to get him down failed so we scored the 2-1 on T15.

The crowd didnt want to vamps to draw the game so they rioted, which left doomy's vamps only some T16 blocks and a pass. In the ogres final turn @Khornight got his 2nd cas and a lvlup..

lvlups:

rookie Gnob-> get +AG

AG4 gnob-> sprint

ogre-> 2nd PO

with 2 ag3 ogres, 2 ag4 gnobs and a nice spread of skills I just have to applaud the team and succumb to their wish to play yet another season (probably in T5). id like to ask @Com Yarrick, @C2MC @Cr_tiger or @Anraka if they have time during 2 MD's to take over the wheel as ill be on vacation, without a laptop...

Will i play with my own team or a proxy team?

On 5/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, wismerhill said:

As they did last game..

Yep and @c2mc just had a nice 3-0 win against chaos because of it... like I said TTM is the way to build... the ogres build solid walls anyway if you can get a solid throwing ogre or 2 then the ogres game becomes much easier to manage... I cannot stress this enough block ogres are great, and we need them, but a pass one is better on offense to help with TTM or strong arm... it's the key to knocking up wins... the reason the ogres have a less win % is because 99% of coaches never build for it to make it better

Edited by Com Yarrick

Awards

On 5/31/2019 at 12:05 PM, Com Yarrick said:

@Khornight you need those ag4 gnoblars for a TTM I cannot stress this enough they win u games

Win? Isn't that when you kill everyone on the other team?

I don't understand how a +agi knobblar helps with that :-D

Edited by Khornight

13 hours ago, Khornight said:

Win? Isn't that when you kill everyone on the other team?

I don't understand how a +agi knobblar helps with that :-D

An ag4 gnoblar gives you a better chance to win the draws that you get when you end up 1-1 on turn 16 and you need a TTM to win, ag4 gnoblars just make it better to land catch the ball etc, man even steal the ball.

Yes taking out the opposition will win you games but when you cannot break av7 to save your life after 30 blocks what do you do then... you have to have another game plan and the ag4 gnoblar is key... 

Having 6 block ogres is nice and all but it makes you very 1 dimensional and the strength in ogres is having strength and TTM as a combo... just cause you have it does not mean you have to use it, but it gives you an out option when stuff goes to shit... on top of that a pass ogre followed by strong arm is a great combo gives you some of that reroll back on the pass so ya not wasting it on the throw u want that reroll for that special landing... and its a 2+ roll to TTM at that stage...

its what gives Ogres a slight edge on the blood bowl pitch since everything is against us... i hate you say this @Khornight but in ladder if you do not have that build you not gonna get past the first round with ogres, atleast with a pass, strong arm Ogre and an ag4 gnoblar, it adds another strength to ya bow and if coaches are not prepared for it, it can be the different between a win and a loss... Ogres need to do 2 things cause cas, and score, the scoring is harder than causing CAS, but its a good way to spead some skills that help in the areas we are not great in...

Also in all ladder matches no ones builds it and only 1 coach has made it past the 1st round...not saying that its going to get u thru the playoffs but to be honest its 1 double and an ag increase on 2 pieces and i think the ogres can account for having just these 2 players as it just helps on so many levels... the rest do what they do best, but when the defense is hard to crack because of BH issues and ya too far away to score if you have the TTM combo it can make a huge difference....

i have done it time and time again snatched victory with a TTM combo because we had the skills to do it safer and that is what ogres are lacking, safe plays, yes it can all go wrong but it increases the chances of getting it right, is what makes the ogres a real threat, and can make all the difference... when people build for it they win games more because they have it in there game plan... You see it time and time again but people never talk about it...

Awards

@Khornight

oh its all good i just love to talk, you should try it out on ladder on the first double you get pass then go from there build ya other ogres the normal way and hope you get an ag4 gnob..

you do play ogres very well but that TTM is all thats missing from you prob taking them all the way 

Edited by Com Yarrick

Awards

ok, so the ogres are really not done....

game vs zons with wizard, 2 extra apos and roxanna

i got pows he passed amazing many dodges. I fucked up my offence so was 0-1 by HT, but then a failed catch led to a slow drive wheer I needed to pass bone head and 2 gi's to score and @Barristan did so with ease...

@AllyRdr lvld and took BT

@wolves in exile also lvld and got juggernaut to go with grab

still no doubles, but hey... 2-1-4 now and still got lizzies left, thats gonna be bad as theyll have tons of inducements as well

On 6/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, wismerhill said:

ok, so the ogres are really not done....

game vs zons with wizard, 2 extra apos and roxanna

i got pows he passed amazing many dodges. I fucked up my offence so was 0-1 by HT, but then a failed catch led to a slow drive wheer I needed to pass bone head and 2 gi's to score and @Barristan did so with ease...

@AllyRdr lvld and took BT

@wolves in exile also lvld and got juggernaut to go with grab

still no doubles, but hey... 2-1-4 now and still got lizzies left, thats gonna be bad as theyll have tons of inducements as well

gg @Sensei Shusa you deserved more

lizzys are a tough one if you get a few removals tho you might be in with a solid chance

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

Well S12 is upon us and despite typing a '3' I somehow end up still playing...

ah well

5B: 

• :kislev:Bouffon - Vanguard Party - Kislev - -
  • :dwarf:Raziel Nosgoth - Ickle Iron Hammers - Dwarf - -
  • :helf:Wrekd - Chaqua Fairies - High Elf - -
  • :lizard:Lord Carlsberg - Lizzy Carlsberg - Lizardman - -
  • :amazon:Lord Owl - Brides of Nuffle - Amazon - -
  • :vamps:Doomy77 - The Hammerville Horrors - Vampire - -
  • :welf:MoshNinja - Pointy Eared TRBBL - Wood Elf - -
  • :delf:VanHlebar - Van's Valkyeries - Dark Elf - -
  • :underworld:Mark_B - The Rolling Warpstones - Underworld - -

I see a lot of fun matches in this season, only 1 or 2 winnable, but most should be very entertaining