♫ WOODOO OCEANIA™ ♫

james cook

It is always nice to see another Pro team and I am sure @jounisii will be along to express his disbelief soon but I just have to say.

3 skilled catchers , 2 with AG5 and no wrestle or leap, how are you getting defensive TD's?

I used to go 2 and 2 but am now leaning towards 3 wrestle as diving into a cage and the threat of doing it is a big part of my game.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, Tys123 said:

It is always nice to see another Pro team and I am sure @jounisii will be along to express his disbelief soon but I just have to say.

3 skilled catchers , 2 with AG5 and no wrestle or leap, how are you getting defensive TD's?

I used to go 2 and 2 but am now leaning towards 3 wrestle as diving into a cage and the threat of doing it is a big part of my game.

:D:D:D

I'm a retired old pro fart who doesn't know shite about shite. It's true tho that I've been riding with 3 leaping wrestle catchers for a long time now if that's possible. Those dudes die often like flies caus' of their job desciption, but without them at least I didn't have a proper ball threat. Without those leapers I just lost more matches. But that's just me. Roll the way you feel comfortable. Good luck with the team.

Kiaora elves Fans,

In my mind, it's not easy to play agility team like elves or skavens in this league (or CCL... same thing) and may be elves coaches must be crazy and to be masochistic to see these players get stomped on and die...

eD0b2hk.jpg

but on another side it's so enjoyable when you succeed a long pass out of a pile of players and no one to retreat your catcher who flies away to the opponent's goal to score... :Bananas:

bdR4Y2I.jpg

in reality the coaches of the violent teams (claw and chestnut) love massacring the agility teams especially to pass levels to their players ! :huh:

(in fact i remember....I also love to see these brutality coaches lose game because they have made too many dice (blocks) or expelled following trampling while they had the match won).

So, to take "wrestle" it's a dilemma for me!

Ok with "leap & AG+1" it's very huge for Defensive TD but "blodge  & ST+1" is better because of less luck to be  trampled and to loose my impact player !

Edited by james cook

I agree that a good old elf BS play really makes you smile. To that block vs wrestle topic I have to say (trying to put this shortly) that it all depends on your play style and variant of elves you play. Pro elves with their AV7 and usually rather unskilled linos simply can't stand the pounding in columns or screens so at least in my mind they have to try something else. Cage diving with leap catchers is my solution as well as TYS's (and him you should really listen to). Ofc it's risky and doesn't work all the time. But when you try to down a player, wrestle + tackle is superior combination to any. Be it ball carrier, a player who blocks a lane of advance or the killer player of your oppo.

Furthermore, and this is something TYS and I differ the last time I checked, I like to hunt those opposing killers with my wrestle/tackle/possibly MB catchers and then kick the living shit out of them with my dirty player linos. I know for a fact that some players I've played against think very hard before piling on against my elfies. That ain't directly related to that block vs wrestle discussion, but is linked since my willingness to foul after wrestling oppos down as part of my tactics.

To the matter of losing players... You're gonna lose those dear pixels anyways sooner or later. That's how come I nowadays basically train all my catchers to be those wrestle leapers, so I would have those impact players even if I lost one or two, unless they roll some stupid stats like double ST or AG early on.

But still, it's all about your play style and with what you're comfortable with. I like the crazy style since it can be quite rewarding and challenging as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Good game from my elves but very frustrating for my elves ....defeat 1-2

nothing to do in front of power of Chaos ! :o1548684639-s10previewg2c.jpg

2 broken cages but impossible to recover the pork bladder properly to succeed a counterattack !

Nothing to regrets !

Bad new, my best player TheARTIST© my catcher 64 XP has been blessed and will miss the next match...1548683776-s10previewg2.jpg

Edited by james cook

new  victory 2-01549460345-bloggif-5c5974e9b8813.gifwithout my injured star player catcher "TheARTIST " !!!1550027763-lholial-theartist-c.jpg

but against opponent with lack of tackles :P

with good defense for my elves who knew how to score on every opportunity ;)1549459829-s10previewg3coach.jpg

Bad new, my young catcher Aelaias The Birdman© 12 XP has been blessed and will miss next game :(

1549459352-s10previewg3.jpg

Edited by james cook

Aloha everyone !

Crazy game   1549898336-s10previewg4coach.jpg with huge victory 4-0 ;)

against AMAZONS from Brazilian Top Models to stay at the top of the division's standings :P

1549898188-s10previewg4.jpg        but ...

bad news for me with 3 deaths :huh: but fortunately my amazing apothecary saved a player to send him without injury on my bench

but my blitzer Aerion Bloody Razor® (35 XP) is dead

2 times in this game.... his second death was fatal ! (sure ! it was definitely his destiny)

Oh ! he wasn't the star player like my 3 catchers but a good shadow soldier who did the dirty work for the team !

1550224410-bloodyrazor-r.jpg    RIP my Bro. :sir:1550233911-helmutwulf.jpg

I hope that his dauntless comp will not miss too much on the ball carriers with force 4 !

(Dwarves teams with 2 runners ST4 & ST5 is coming soon...)

So with my new upgrade on my star player catcher TheArtist© (76 XP now) 1550211551-woodoooceania3catchers.jpg

i have a choice to make ...

1550571649-skill-upgrade.jpg

i usually  play him as a safety to stop offensive strategy of my opponent to pick up ball AG5 and throw a good pass with Nerves of steel !

So my first idea is DAUNTLESS to pull up runner with ST4 (bull centaur) but with AV6:huh:i think is too dangerous to be inside heart of game :(

but also "SureFeet" would be very interesting to give me 10 in MV.... Leap & Side Step may be!

I need help from veteran coach like .... @jounisii@wismerhill

@Tys123

Edited by james cook

Seems like you've had a good start for the season. Grats on that.

Now, this is a bit difficult for me since the roster above differs so much from the teams I've built. I'd have a lot more wrestle and leap as well.

So, 1st of all, how do you defend? I assume using elf screens since there's a lot of blodge spam. Which usually is pretty nice, but against those dorfs you might be in trouble. But while defending, do you just screen or do you try to smother the cage with steppers to get a shot at the ball? Ie are you aggressive or passive in D?

Like Franc said, you have plenty of SS. And for SS to be useful, you expect him to get hit, which you really don't hope to happen too often. That piece seems to be your best sacking player, so dauntless isn't a bad idea as it can be used for general blitzing as well, but this is an AG5 chap, so you should build him accordingly. When you skill up your AG4 catchers or blitzers, dauntless would be a good pick on them at some point. Fend that Wis suggested would also imply that the dude is hit, so even tho it protects him a bit, I wouldn't take it.

So, what I'd do here is to make this piece a ball retriever, like Wis said, who can hide behind screens waiting for his opportunity acting as a sweeper as well. And for that role I think leap is the best choice even tho sure hands is a very good pick as well, since by the time he goes in to scoop the ball, you often have used your reroll. For that retrieval purpose sure hands is actually better skill, but it's quite situational and leap in general is a very useful skill. But this ball scooper plan needs another component as well. The other AG5 catcher needs to skill up quickly and get tackle (or possibly leap) to make him your primary sacker. I think tackle since AG5 dodges into cage are somewhat doable. And that other AG5 catcher already has his side step which is useful when he gets stuck inside the cage.

So, there's my very cheap 2 cents.

• 4 weeks later...

OCC ROUND #5

Lucky DRAW 1-1:Bananas:1550706776-s10previewround-5.jpg for my elves

against Italian Dwarves 1550707569-round-5.jpgwith their dangerous Tackle,

After update ♫The Artist♫ my starplayer catcher with dauntless, i score quickly to open this game.

But on kickoff, without possibility of recovering a pork bladder from the runner's hands ST4  !! 

i decided to let them score 1-1 to minimize tackles and keep my team healthy for second half.

But 2sd half, same kickoff, runners ST4 & ST5  were picking up the ball too easily  ! now no choice to avoid defeat ! DEFENSE with AV7 !

My new rookie blitzer Irwaën Bloodthirsty ® (dead) and my star thrower Hawkeyes ( inj ST-1) sacrificed themselves :o

But last round #16 dwarves tried an ultimate throw in my goal, but catch failed

no surprise for this game... with a lot of injuries ! especially my thrower ST4 (inj ST-1) ! 

I loose my major impact player to break DEFENSE :(

Edited by james cook

OCC Round #6

1551193512-s10previewg6coach.jpg

Big Victory 2-1against Chaos 1551194248-1550706776-s10previewround6.jpg

with same ranking... 2sd with my elves &10 pts.

Elves could play their strategy with agility and speed!

mercenary Hubris Rakarth™ 1552282904-hubris.jpggave me a good help with his ST4/jump up/stripball/mightyblow,

especially to recover ball in defense ;)

But once again... a lot of looses for my team with blodge lineman Crazy Kagou ® (dead) and

my star catcher Wesyr Tightrope Walker ® badly hurt to miss next game !:o

• 2 weeks later...

Round #7 ♫ revenge of last year ♫

1553507983-occ10previewround7.jpg

nothing to do against NECROS

1553509517-qs.jpgstarplayers Duckbutt & UncleSoondead were too strong

and for me 2 loners and only a blitzer available :o

classic defeat 1-2

TD for each Wight, especially from Lord Blodgely with an interception just before the end

1553509198-lordwight.jpg

not good for standing :(

the rise in division 2 moves away...

Edited by james cook

Round#8 ♪ forbidden defeat ♪

1553507983-occ10previewround8.jpg

always dangerous against dwarves :o

result........

Thrower 1 XP Ainbund Young Gun™ ........dead

Lineman 20 XP Sha Bloody Cat ®.....badly hurt & miss next game

The game .....

a quick TD after 2 rounds by Catcher 76 XP Lholial The Artist © and good Def from my Woodoo to stop Dwarves.

Halftime 1-0

but nothing to do in second half with cage with blocker GUARD :o

final Score 1-1 and essential is reached to keep 2sd place in standing league and to hope to play Div 2 next season !

not to bad against dwarves this season with 2 draws and my starplayers always safe  with AV 6:sir:

Only badly injury for my thrower ST4 (inj ST-1) !  I loose my major impact player to break DEFENSE :(

Edited by james cook

Round #9 ♫ Firework♫

1553507993-occ10previewround9.jpg Game against vampires last in the ranking :D

but with a very dangerous passing range1553511906-vondrakenborg.jpg like my woodoos :sir:

The GAME :

good start with quick TD (round 2) with my woodoos!

with big difference TV i choose

Star player HUBRIS with ST 4 & Stripball 1553513308-hubris.jpg and a wizard 1553513398-wizard.jpg

coach of Vampires choose to stay alone in his field side to receipt ball !

1553516037-replay.jpg

big mistake !

i use quickly my wizard and to compel him to play dangerous action with pass through my elves!

same good strategy with blitz throughout the match ;)and a lucky interception !

result win 5-1 and firework for my elves :D

1553516433-firework.jpg

Edited by james cook