Skill advice.

Pylon

Hi,

My team is 3 games old (my entire Nurgle experience - other than 7 turns mm, my oppo dc`d) & first rotter has levelled, 5+6. Should i take +ag to make a ball carrier?

Only 2 rr`s at present though 120k in bank, intending to get 3rd asap.

My block pest has been carrying, though it does feel wasted when he does, as i have no other block/wrestle player for blitzing.

Awards

Yeah the +AG is gold. It gives you someone who can actually handle the ball early on, covering Nurgles weakness. Don't worry about rotters only being MA5. They'll usually have to slow down to let the warriors keep up anyway. And when they die you hopefully have a more skilled goat who can carry the ball.

• 3 weeks later...

Well second game at Ag 4 & the Rotter has now got a double niggle. Not had much experience with decay, thought it took only the worst injury, not both. I`m assuming advice will be to fire.

Awards

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation where I have never played nurgle before.  I won my first match on some elfy BS against a wood elf team, and one rotter leveled (my only prestigor was badly hurt on the first elf blitz, so my two scores were with a rotter).

With a team of 4 warriors, 1 prestigor, 5 rotters, beast, and 2 rerolls, I have no idea what to even choose as a normal skill for the rotter.

Sure hands, since I only have two rerolls and 60K?  Or will block be more useful?  I'm trying to carry with a rotter since having the prestigor available for blitzing seems more useful.  But I really have no idea what I'm doing.  This team seems pretty hard at this level.

I would say block and get the ball with the pestigor anyway.
You want to skill those pestigors way more then the rotters.
That generally involves scoring 2 TDs with each new pestigor to get a starting skill at least (best, fastest and most guaranteed way to get SPPs).

Generally its pointless to plan anything out with rotters. They will get hit by some amazing combo like -MA -AG on one injury sooner or later anyway. (Sidenote: I got a double as first skill on my first rotter. Leader is a great call early on. You need all RR you can get).

Nurgle sucks at start, just like chaos since you lack most of everything useful. Getting a few blocking players makes a ton of difference in turn consistencies.

I've read some guides that say to get kick on the first rotter to level.  While kick seems useful (if you can make the ball land in your disturbing presence zones), I'm not sure it's more useful than block on a team with 2 rerolls and no RR skills!  It would be nice to have at least one reasonably safe block to start my drive.

I`m also fairly new to Nurgle, but block for me (except i got + ag on my first), the kick option would be interesting though, but with no skills on a rookie team, perhaps later in their development.

Then skill up pests as per @MaidenManiac advice, which is best practice from what i have read.

Awards

2 hours ago, Borke said:

Dirty Player!

You know, someone had to state the obvious here...

I can't see this.  Dirty Player is obviously a great skill for rotters later on, but if you start with only one prestigor and 2 rerolls, you're going to be at 11 players for a long time while you save up all the cash for the third reroll and more players.  If you're lucky enough to still have 11 players by the time you get the 2nd prestigor then I could see dirty player, but I'm not a big fan of fouling unless you have at least 12 players or you've created a player advantage on the field (something I'm not finding easy to do).

I like kick and have a kick rotter but I wouldnt pick it as skill 1 in the team. Block is sorely needed.

DP is good, but as you pointed out that requires that you have players "spare" that can get sent off.

Then again 2 DP rotters = 3 normal rotters, aka 3 fouls instead of 2...

Btw youre all wrong on leap on the beast. Shadowing is where its at!

• 3 weeks later...