Jump to content

Blood Bowl 3


danton
 Share

Recommended Posts

some more news:

Cyanide is also pleased to announce a new partnership has been signed for the third edition of Blood Bowl, the iconic game from Games Workshop. Blood Bowl 3 will coincide with the release of the new paper edition in 2020, which is being revamped with all-new game rules. More information about Blood Bowl 3 will be shared in the coming months.

 

 

 

so it will be a new release of TT rules in 2020 and BB3 will follow those rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


28 minutes ago, brocCooLi said:

some more news:

Cyanide is also pleased to announce a new partnership has been signed for the third edition of Blood Bowl, the iconic game from Games Workshop. Blood Bowl 3 will coincide with the release of the new paper edition in 2020, which is being revamped with all-new game rules. More information about Blood Bowl 3 will be shared in the coming months.

 

 

 

so it will be a new release of TT rules in 2020 and BB3 will follow those rules.

New TT rules sounds scary... unless it's just to undo the Piling On Flustercluck! :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

43 minutes ago, danton said:

New TT rules sounds scary... unless it's just to undo the Piling On Flustercluck! :P

 

Aren't they currently coming out with new rules constantly?  Racial wizards are being added per Spike magazine, as well as new star players all the time.  (Simple things like the Igor wasn't around in the 2016 rules until 2018 I think).  Maybe 2020 is planned for all the rules from the 2016 box, the two death zones, and the Spike magazines to be compiled into a single rule book?  At least I hope that's it and not a complete new round.

 

I guess BBII is getting a little old, but I don't want to start over with a bug fest now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, brocCooLi said:

some more news:

Cyanide is also pleased to announce a new partnership has been signed for the third edition of Blood Bowl, the iconic game from Games Workshop. Blood Bowl 3 will coincide with the release of the new paper edition in 2020, which is being revamped with all-new game rules. More information about Blood Bowl 3 will be shared in the coming months.

 

 

 

so it will be a new release of TT rules in 2020 and BB3 will follow those rules.

Do you happen to have a link to where you found this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Javelin said:

Do you happen to have a link to where you found this?

 

here:
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/14/1823927/0/en/COMMUNIQUE-DE-PRESSE-BIGBEN-LAUNCHES-THE-4TH-EDITION-OF-BIGBEN-WEEK-WITH-A-STRING-OF-ANNOUNCEMENTS.html

 

almost at the bottom, before "About Bigben"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Javelin said:

 

Aren't they currently coming out with new rules constantly?  Racial wizards are being added per Spike magazine, as well as new star players all the time.  (Simple things like the Igor wasn't around in the 2016 rules until 2018 I think).  Maybe 2020 is planned for all the rules from the 2016 box, the two death zones, and the Spike magazines to be compiled into a single rule book?  At least I hope that's it and not a complete new round.

 

This could be the case, but at the slow rate they are releasing official teams (3-4 per year) they would still be missing quite a few teams by end of 2020, unless they quicken the pace before then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

5 hours ago, Javelin said:

 

Aren't they currently coming out with new rules constantly?  Racial wizards are being added per Spike magazine, as well as new star players all the time.  (Simple things like the Igor wasn't around in the 2016 rules until 2018 I think).  Maybe 2020 is planned for all the rules from the 2016 box, the two death zones, and the Spike magazines to be compiled into a single rule book?  At least I hope that's it and not a complete new round.

 

I guess BBII is getting a little old, but I don't want to start over with a bug fest now!

 

HEY, part of the conversation I know about :)

Well one thing they did was add the new Halfling positional players.  And of course the things from deathzone.  They also apparently have been adding in some of the extra things we've heard of like "balls" etc in past sessions.

 

ALSO  however, the "team pitches" that I thought were mostly for fluff, all have rules.  I picked up the Chaos one (as it was the easiest to see the squares, as I found when I picked up the Nurgle one and had to mark it with Sharpie to see the squares on it), and it has a rule like "if a casualty is scored in the first half, second half is sweltering heat and (extra fluff), if no casualty then all fame is -2" or something along those lines.

 

One could call them fluff, but by that same token if it was released by GW, then its GW official.

 

And then there is Blitzball.... which I feel might quietly have a bigger impact than people think.  All depends on how much they want to change the game.  MOST GW games are no longer "play, win", they're very objective based (Underworlds, even 40k has more objective points than just "shoot people" like it was in the past).  Blitzbowl is like a board game version of the old "Death Zone" card game (I finally managed to pick up a copy).  You can get "glory" for touchdowns, but you also can get glory for certain teams for fouls, or completing a pass (touchdown or not), or knocking out players.  Its more objective based than it is "final score".  Which is an entirely different way to play of course, but the way GW has been drifting its more of a GW game than current Bloodbowl looks like.

 

All speculation of course.  I'd be happy with some rules updates, teams updates (CHAOS PACT, come on, my best tournament team), and finding a way to incorporate the special play cards somehow.  And if its on the switch I'll be getting two copies (I have a feeling with the baby having a portable thing will be much more important than a PC version)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

GW changing rules, oh boy...

There are two possibilities.

One (less likely) - they will change rules into something really nice, refreshing with lots of cool things to chose and do

Two (more likely) - they will change only 2 or 3 things, call things done, oh and they will brake that thing you always liked but they say "nah" in new rules.

Will all respect, knowing their history (and I play with GW products as long as I can remember) they sometimes fix things, and many times they brake them and make them just horrible.

I hope I will be wrong and BB3 will be totally awesome and I would buy new game just for my 2020 40th birthday or something and I will be glad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


41 minutes ago, Gobas said:

Will all respect, knowing their history (and I play with GW products as long as I can remember) they sometimes fix things, and many times they brake them and make them just horrible.

I hope I will be wrong and BB3 will be totally awesome and I would buy new game just for my 2020 40th birthday or something and I will be glad.

 

I miss Warhammer Fantasy so much, sometimes I cry in the shower.

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO ADD SPACE MARINES TO EVERYTHING???

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, Javelin said:

If the game is too different from BB2 we will all still have BB2 to play with for several more years.  Who knows maybe it will be good and different enough to justify them both existing.

Not to mention it'll probobly be like the BB1->2 trasistion where a lot of people don't want to swap because not all races are present.

 

If I recall; there is a rule change that nerfs PO so I'm for that :P

Edited by raikaria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

The main difference between TT2016 and BB2 are: Piling On requires a rerroll to use it on the TT version (which is bad mostly for norse and underworld, imho) and, more impactful, you choose which 3 players are eligible for MVP instead of being totally random in the post-match phase. This favors team building for low AG players, mostly (mummies, golems, nurgle warriors, big guys, etc).

 

Then there are 157 side rules like tons of race specific individual inducements (wizards, chief cheerleaders, bribing coach), random pitches (that you can hire for more games at a big cost), retaining a Star Player for a season, a way to handle cash to prevent folk storing more than 200k g,... nothing too big or significant for the actual game play other than adding more randomness and general chaos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


It's just a gut feeling, but I think GW ain't happy with a game model that allows for so many 3rd parties to proffit on it (3 more Greebo teams on KS this week and a new one from Akaro Dice next Friday) , and will twart towards a game like Warhammer Underworlds that allows them to keep a tighter control on what is used by resetting the seasons at will,  so for the most part it will be like going back to the pre-2016 for organized play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Smiling Tom said:

It's just a gut feeling, but I think GW ain't happy with a game model that allows for so many 3rd parties to proffit on it (3 more Greebo teams on KS this week and a new one from Akaro Dice next Friday) , and will twart towards a game like Warhammer Underworlds that allows them to keep a tighter control on what is used by resetting the seasons at will,  so for the most part it will be like going back to the pre-2016 for organized play. 

 

The problem for them is they abandoned BB for so long.  There is a tabletop environment that people enjoy.  If they change the game in such a way to prevent 3rd party teams the TT group can just ignore any rules they put out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...