Blood Bowl 3

danton

Personally, I'd love to try to crowdsource-bastardize a 'human-like' AI by just copying what thousands of people have done in BB2 replays... You don't have to train a proper machine intelligence, if you can just find a similar situation (from within desired skill level) to mimic.

Would be fascinating to set up the similarity rules, and have realtime simulations running on how each change affects the handling of sample scenarios. 

Edited by Juriel

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing if you write a machine learning AI that's awesome beating a particular game it's actually very difficult to scale it back so that it doesn't just repeatedly humiliate its human opponents. Basically, teaching it to act human is harder than teaching it to act superhuman. lol

Of course, even a superhuman AI would be at the mercy of Nuffle, so there's that small consolation.

2 hours ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Of course, even a superhuman AI would be at the mercy of Nuffle, so there's that small consolation.

What if the AI somehow outsmarts Nuffle and they merge to form some sort of AI God of Dice.

We're all doomed... .

15 minutes ago, dode said:

NuffHAL...

Dave: "Alright, Ima make this GFI , Breack Tackle in to your cage and Blitz your Ball Carrier!"

NuffHAL: "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't allow that."

*Literally every roll is a 1 and the player stumbles forward, taking an Armour Break and Injury roll for every failed action before the Turnover finally happens*

2 minutes ago, C2MC said:

*Literally every roll is a 1 and the player stumbles forward, taking an Armour Break and Injury roll for every failed action before the Turnover finally happens*

but if literally every roll is a 1, there can be no Armor Break let alone an injury...

really bad programming

4 minutes ago, wismerhill said:

but if literally every roll is a 1, there can be no Armor Break let alone an injury...

really bad programming

What's up with you today, being all snippy-snappy with me?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, Javelin said:

9 months later and not a word!

I mean does it even matter? BB2 is running fine, OCC has a stable membership and overall the game seems to be rather healthy. See no reason for a BB3 being necessary at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ynwe said:

I mean does it even matter? BB2 is running fine, OCC has a stable membership and overall the game seems to be rather healthy. See no reason for a BB3 being necessary at the moment.

As one of the most reluctant adopters of BB2, I agree entirely.  

55 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

BB3 only matters if it's a big improvement over BB2; significantly more powerful league management tools (including fiddling with the ruleset), better UI, more customisation, Steam workshop, etc.

But how likely is that to be the case?

New publisher, so who knows?

• 1 month later...