Blood Bowl 3

danton

4 hours ago, BallztotheWalla said:

No redraft and Nurgle as a starting team, OCC3 is gonna be such a diverse league:RIP:

You have no idea what the final game is going to be like. Instead of being a doomsayer, why don't you help the community make sure the final product lives up to our expectations? They've specifically stated that they'll implement the most requested features during early access. So get your shit together and help us make this game good, or stay out of the discussion with your negativity, please and thank you.

If the community makes enough noise about lack of redraft options then I think they will have to strongly consider adding it at some point.

Given the severe lack of polish of the current version of the Beta I can see why they have shelved the idea all the same. Correctly implementing the rules and having a UI that doesn't make your eyes bleed have a higher priority for sure!

My impressions come solely as a viewer on Twitch rather than as a player, but so far I'm not sold (I know, Ally in negative opinion shocker). The constant zoom in/zoom out every time a player moves is giving me motion sickness (for context, I get pretty bad motion sickness. The last time I tried to go on a roller coaster I spent the rest of the day feeling dizzy and nauseous). If that's not something that can be turned off, then the game will be unplayable for me.

I'm also not sold on the UI at all. They seem to have doubled down on many of the features I didn't like in BB2, and from watching some game, it seems really hard to know what dice roll has actually failed at times to decide whether to use a reroll.

Hopefully this is still a very early build, given that it's been pushed back again, but on past track record I don't hold out much hope.

Awards

I tried again in the cold light of day.

I figured the camera angle out so it was tolerable.

The Black Orc pitch I found easier than the Nobility one.

Interested to see Ripper Bolgot amongst the stars available to the BO team given he isn't part of BB2020 (yet).

But after 8 turns, I just gave up again. It's ghastly.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I must say despite some problem (got one crash and one freeze when AI moved) I enjoy playing BB3.

After a while I get used do controls, graphics are really good, game works quite smoothly. I have feeling that animations are faster than BB2 (I didn't measure it but I have feeling I am quitting my turns a little bit faster than BB2).

I think we must have played different games :D
I agree that models and stadiums looks great from up close and I don't doubt technical problems and crashes will be fixed. But the game itself felt like a weird mixture of point and click puzzle and qwop. You have to both find the information relevant to the game since it's hidden among useless flashy stuff and fight clunky controls. Actually playing bloodbowl gets left as a distant third on the list you do.

If it releases as it looks now, even with all technical parts working perfectly, I wouldn't want to switch to it from bb2.