• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, brocCooLi said:

well. in the trailer we can hopefully see at least two teams that will be available in the game?

Imperial Humies and Orcs is my guess.

Wilder guess is that there Kislevs and you didnt hear this from me

22 minutes ago, Ratamo said:

Id love if they would make it crossplay tho. But i'd probably stick with my PC anycase. PS4 playerbase were soo small that i had to buy BB2 to PC.

Regret nothing

Yeah the switch would mostly be for trying to get my daughters interested :D  I don't have a lot of optimism for cross platform support.  It's a great idea, but I don't know if I want to deal with all the extra bugs.

39 minutes ago, Gallows Bait said:

Coming early 2021 to pc and consoles including switch.

12 teams at launch.

From trailer & GW:

Imperial

Black Orc

Human

Orc

Dwarf

Skaven

Dark Elf

Pro Elf

Chaos

Nurgle

Last two not yet known.

Since the necro team is significantly changed it could be a good selling point.  Then we could have mighty blow sheets.

6 hours ago, Gallows Bait said:

Coming early 2021 to pc and consoles including switch.

12 teams at launch.

From trailer & GW:

Imperial

Black Orc

Human

Orc

Dwarf

Skaven

Dark Elf

Pro Elf

Chaos

Nurgle

Last two not yet known.

As there aint any stunty team i guess they throw one in there. Halflings maybe? Then they can add goblings and snotlings as DLC.

And as there is only Humies and Imperial humies on hybrid side i guess there will come third for that category on launch. Kislevs? (yea, probably not.)

is there already a "plan" in place for the OCC come BB3? Will the whole league transition to BB3 directly with release? Will everyone start with a rookie Team if that happens? How will the seatings be done? So many questions.... I realy started loving my Team in the OCC and it would kinda feel bad to have to "kill" it right before i get to T1/Champs depending on the release date of BB3 without having a shot at getting the title (if i ever even reach T1/champs) :RIP:

If it's anything like the transition from BB1 to BB2, we will have a small "test" league running parallel to our standard season in the current system (so, BB2). We did not change to BB2 right away, but when some more teams were added to the available options (tho BB2 started with just 8 teams and 4 more were added soon enough). I guess we will have a longer period til the most glaring bugs get fixed, more teams get added. Pidpad mentioned on Discord that current structure might change, too, depending on the tools and customization we get regarding redrafting. 

So, TLDR answer: don't think we will get on BB3 as soon as it is available, probably we will still run 1-2 seasons on BB2 before the shift is done even after BB3 has launched, at the very least. And if it comes Q12021 this means we will get 3-4 more seasons as we have now.

Making plans at this point would be a waste of time. We may have to run tests to see what format works with the new rules, and it all depends on what the admin tools are like, what league settings are available, etc. etc..

I can say one thing, though: it will be a new league with fresh teams. I see no realistic way of transferring teams to a completely new ruleset.

I forbid the OCC from moving over to BB3 anyways before woodies are released. Whats the point of playing blood bowl if you don't have wardancers anyways?

56 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Making plans at this point would be a waste of time. We may have to run tests to see what format works with the new rules, and it all depends on what the admin tools are like, what league settings are available, etc. etc..

I can say one thing, though: it will be a new league with fresh teams. I see no realistic way of transferring teams to a completely new ruleset.

Which is why I hope the OCC will still run 3-5 seasons on BB2! As long as my str 4 ag 5 wardancer is alive I want to see him being glorious and fucking up the days of all my puny opponents!