Blood Bowl 3

danton

Yeah, "early 2021" isn't likely to mean January or even February in my experience. We'll see four more seasons of BB2 OCC at the very least, and I'd bet good money on the release being delayed until Q2 or more, and I could see the OCC taking 2-3 months to set up on top of that. That means we can assume we'll have at least six more seasons. Also, even if the BB2 crowd shrinks we'll likely keep the league running for a while alongside the BB3 league like we did with BB1. (Disclaimer: this is all speculation.)

I started this game with BB2 WAY after it's release. Did the community switch from 1-> 2 fast enough? I mean there should also be people who wait for sales, ppl who wait for bugfixes, ppl who wait for more (their) race, etc....

So I guess there will be a timeframe when OCC has leagues for both games?

Awards

It happened relatively fast - in a couple of seasons, really. But as RK says, BB1 kept running for several seasons more (even a year?) after the bulk of players switched. But then, we did not switch right away when it got released, not until 12 or more teams were available and most glaring bugs got fixed.

• 1 month later...

They shared quite a bit of info on their twitter feed today. Looks like we will get proper customization, like the ones used in Dawn of War 2 & 3 with some improvements. 

Oh, and this. And we already know that Black Orcs and Imperial will be there. And above we see an orc blitzer so, of the 12 teams we get:

Imperial

Black Orc

Orc

Chaos Renegade

Old World Alliance

So 5/12. Not much room for a reasonable sample, tbh. Add in humans and dwarves, goblins and flings as all the sculpts are there, and we have 3 slots for some elves, chaos and undead?

So, confirmed they'd be using the current GW official team sculpts meaning the necromantic team pays the price for being awesome by having the goofiest looks in the game. This means that it will be very unlikely to see in game teams that have no current sculpts (Amazons, vampires, norses, khemris...)

Loved the look of the customisation, but with the team list for launch, I just don't see myself buying it right away.

Feels like it will continue to be dominated by bash and I just can't be bothered with that.

As I said, love the customisation. Also, chess clock is apparently a thing. Never had to play with one of those, so don't know how that goes, but I know a lot of folk have wanted that for years.

Awards

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...