Stadium enhancement?

Smiling Tom

Hey there. I spied most of your teams and noticed that there is not a real concensus regarding which stadium enhancement to get. Makes sense, considering that the team main feature is to not have a main feature. So instead of asking which one you think is best I will ask you why you picked up the ones you use, and if it's coming around yielding proper results. 

I'll be interested to see people's reasons as well, as I've yet to make up my mind.  My current top candidate is probably the Weather Dome though.  I'd rather not deal with Rain, Snow or Sweltering Heat.  Those things could also cripple my opponent, but that's not usually how it works out for me.  :D

• 4 weeks later...

@Smiling Tom And here I am thinking I'm special with my AG 5 Blitzer, while you are styling with an AG 5 Catcher!  Well done sir!

I still haven't taken a Stadium enhancement.  I've had the funds, just nothing calling to me.  I also kind of like having a 14 man roster (no Ogre though) and feel like I should keep my bank as large as possible for as long as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I currently maintain an astrogranite surface. This is mainly because humans tend to have higher movement than their opponents. So I want to make slow bashy teams suffer when they try to negate this advantage with GFIs. It has not generated many injuries which makes me conclude it has an psychologial effect. Either way it is my win. 

When it comes to skaven and elves I will not be able to keep up anyway. So I bash and if they run away I let them run away. Stalling is their risk. 

And. Agi+ players sounds useful. Still waiting for one. 

i think the weather would be nice as human. but when you have +ag players that makes it less useful?

my main concern with the dome is to get rid of pouring rain so that it will be easier to pick up the thing thats on the ground way to much than it should be.

astrogranite sounds nice, the psychological bit is quite big to take in aspect. i like the reasoning for it at least.

what about wizard? shouldnt a team that is average with av8 on everything benefit from it quite well?

can be bad against elf teams, but on the other hand a wizard against elf teams is really nice.

16 hours ago, Smiling Tom said:

I'm leaning towards the bribe one. But if I manage to develop some frenzy and grab the surfing one is on the wishlist. 

This season I am trying out heavy fouling so free bribes would have been perfect. Might replace my astrogranite for such if the results are to my liking. 

14 hours ago, brocCooLi said:

i think the weather would be nice as human. but when you have +ag players that makes it less useful?

my main concern with the dome is to get rid of pouring rain so that it will be easier to pick up the thing thats on the ground way to much than it should be.

astrogranite sounds nice, the psychological bit is quite big to take in aspect. i like the reasoning for it at least.

what about wizard? shouldnt a team that is average with av8 on everything benefit from it quite well?

can be bad against elf teams, but on the other hand a wizard against elf teams is really nice.

Using the dome is to never taste the sweet Khemri tears when the rain starts to fall. I like the idea of wizards but as long as my strongest pick up is 3+ without sure hands most teams will use it better than I can. 

I was tempted to get the thing that avoids the rock. The rock is brutal. 

3 hours ago, Smiling Tom said:

Well, the wizard can be a good thing considering most wood elf teams will be way under my TV so will have a wizard anyway.

The one against rock also is against pitch invasion, and hummies can actually benefit of that extra turn more/less.

riot is the thing for turns. not sure what it does more.

Avoiding the rock is another way to protect your main players, because even having the +1 FAME doesn't do that much.

It's worth considering switching on a seasonal basis, depending on which matchups are at your home court.