AD Invitational

Ozone

Hey all!

OCC is looking for 6 courageous coaches willing to represent the league in the prestigious Chaos AD Invitational.

It is an inter-league tournament starting in early September, lasting approximately 4 months, with 2 weeks match days.

The ruleset is quite complete, with rules looking to favor race diversity, so the team would need all types of coaches.

League teams (i.e. warbands) are made of 6 coaches and a captain. Captain’s role is to plan the 6 matchups for each round, which will be determined in an alternate manner : A-B-B-B-A-A, thus introducing some nice strategic discussions.

So if you are in for this type of adventure, please sign in right here. If we have more than 6 coaches registered, we will chose on a first-come-first-serve manner and considering coaches involvement in OCC.

This tournament already involves many different warbands from many leagues (already 8), so full commitment to the whole tourney will be mandatory, with classic OCC rules in case of drop out.

Do remember though, that MDs last for 14 days each.

Complete ruleset can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r0QcyYqflIhlxyjM9iHJ8GtipT4bJQtUn6MzcmSwXLY/

Any questions feel free to PM me or on discord.

Hope to see you soon on the pitch!

That's interesting..

I like that they're giving bonuses to worse-at-low-TV teams (minor as they are). Would be hilarious to make up a warband of just the lower tiers..

I wonder if there should be a dwarf team of some sort, just in case an opponent picks Amazons/Woodies (seeing how much more weight there is on Flash/Flex teams). That is dependant on you getting the first pick of match-ups, so maybe not.

I have two moves coming up within the month, so I don't think I need the extra hassle, but I'll keep this in mind if for some reason we don't get 6 coaches otherwise.

Edited by Juriel

2 hours ago, Larkstar said:

I'd be proud to help represent OCC in this.  And I'd be happy to play Halflings so the team would have more options to select from.  =)

You mean we could pick Orcs AND Dwarves, and just swarm people with starting skills? :p

Cool cool guys.

so as of now we have:

- @bob152

- @Larkstar : flings?

- @Mongloom : khemri?

- @RTSD

maybe @Juriel

Still one one or two spots to fill. If needed i’ll play, otherwise i’ll just stand as captain.

@Juriel yes of course the first captain to pick the matchup is free to choose first but he looses the 3 next ones, so it’s all about “sacrificing” a team for the greater good sometimes!

you guys can start giving you roster preferences of course.

Since this is low TV format, I think I could do some damage with 3 Block/MB players.  Not many other teams could match that for "valid kill" potential.  Downside is this team could give up more casualties. *shrug*  But yeah, there are some possible strong combos if we ran an Oddball team.  WE (or Rats), Zons, Undead, Orcs and Dorfs?  Yikes.  Though both Humans and Khemri get a nice boost with the NAF bonus. HE or PE with starting Guard is pretty great too. 

But I'm also flexible if our captain thinks there's a stronger collection of teams.  I have experience with Humans, Liz, Norse, Undead, Necro and Dorfs as well.

Edited by Larkstar

We need one team in each of the first 4 cats:

-Flash: an experienced Skaven or WE coach would be great! Otherwise I’d go DEs, as they can more easily fit anywhere.

-Flex: my feeling is to go humans or Bretts. If I were to play i’d choose Bretts, because of their large set of starting skills, but it is personal taste I guess. 

-Power: as this is no res format, I feel like lizards are the most versatile choice. What do you think guys?

-Smash: @Mongloom would go khemri.

I like the flings in Oddball too, furthermore as we have a flings expert here, @Larkstar! So that would give us one last “free”choice.

For that free choice i’m thinking maybe dorfs or chorfs so as to counter zons/flings/gobs or even Norse. That would also help with the “bounties” rule probably. Unless of course we have some great AG teams coaches involved, in which case we would certainly go with their preferred roster.

We need to submit rosters by August 25th.

So I propose we wait for one or two more coaches eventually. If no more get in to this, @Juriel and I will play too.

So waiting until Monday evening (19th) for other coaches, then we block the registrations and create our rosters!

Meanwhile, feel free to bring in one or two more coaches if you want....

...and to share your opinions of course!

cheers

in that case it seems like our roster looks like:

-Flash: Kazman - Skaven/DE.

-Flex: Ozone - Bretts.

-Power

-Smash: Mongloom - Khemri.

-Oddball: Larkstar - Flings.

I'd then opt for undead as I think they're shit hot at this TV and bob gets to pick whatever he wants to.
I'd caution against taking lizards though. A lot of the teams khemri struggle agains lizards also struggle against (woodies & to a lesser extent kislev). It becomes very difficult in the format to have 2 teams avoid leapers in the matchup draft stage. And as I don't see a lot of warbands taking an oddball race, I imagine there will be plenty of woodies and a smattering of kislev around.

Flash: Skaven/DE the best options, because plenty of starting skills

Flex: Humans might be better here than Brets (because as T2 they get bonus skills)

Power: Undead is so much better early than the rest that we'll be seeing a lot of them

Smash: Khemri is in (yay!), our other choice should be Dorfs/Chorfs/Orcs, they all do a similar job

Oddball: Larkstar, you beautiful person, you

Edited by Juriel

Lock me in for Halflings then - [OCC] Little Fockers.  It'll be the 600 TV build with two Block Treemen (so 660 TV).  I love Jump Up for Trees, but I think the importance placed on Cas/Kills means Block makes more sense.  I'm also a big fan of team unity, so I'd be down if everyone wants to try to use the same logo and color scheme.  =)  Let me know!

And I've already signed onto their Discord server.  

11 hours ago, bob152 said:

I could do rats if no one else wants them 

If rats are what you want the most then you can take them.  With Larkstar playing flings we're free to choose what extra category we want.  Then I could do Dark Elves OR Orcs Unless RTSD wants out of that Power (Undead) slot, in which case I could play Undead and he could choose what he wanted.  It's all good to me!  I have had the most success with Dark Elves, Undead and Orcs so I'm happy no matter what  :D

4 hours ago, Kazman29 said:

If rats are what you want the most then you can take them.  With Larkstar playing flings we're free to choose what extra category we want.  Then I could do Dark Elves OR Orcs Unless RTSD wants out of that Power (Undead) slot, in which case I could play Undead and he could choose what he wanted.  It's all good to me!  I have had the most success with Dark Elves, Undead and Orcs so I'm happy no matter what  :D

I'd prolly take dorfs then as they counter a couple of peeps (that or norse), either way is all good with me.

Edited by RTSD

19 hours ago, RTSD said:

I'd prolly take dorfs then as they counter a couple of peeps (that or norse), either way is all good with me.

no, you decide. no, you decide. no, you decide. lol

I want you to play what you're most comfortable with so if you prefer dwarfs to undead then do it and I'll play undead.  And if you prefer undead I'll play something else! No really, YOU decide!  :D

4 hours ago, Kazman29 said:

no, you decide. no, you decide. no, you decide. lol

I want you to play what you're most comfortable with so if you prefer dwarfs to undead then do it and I'll play undead.  And if you prefer undead I'll play something else! No really, YOU decide!  :D

no no, you sir shoud decide. I'm very comfortable playing the both of them so it is you who should get to decide :D

Edited by RTSD

39 minutes ago, Waleed said:

If there is a slot I'd like to play - some RL that was serious has been dealt with :)

Races I'd like to play are:

Wood Elf
Chaos

Underworld
..in that order of preference.

If all slots are taken up, a-okay, and have fun everyone :D

Didn't I see your name listed for UKBBL for this past season?