Philip the Nervous

Vaehnin

The +st and block lineman I have been feeding SP recently decided not to roll the double I wanted. So instead of the difficult choice between catch and thick skull I now face less interesting options. I have come up with the following ideas. 

1. Tackle. Boring but I do need one more tackle player. Makes me wish I had taken wrestle for his previous skill though. I also already have Clumsy George Cottonhand (wrestle, tackle, dauntless, -ag) for taking down problematic skill squirrels. 

2. Frenzy. I would love some frenzy but is a lineman not a bit slow for that? Also. Any future doubles would still be guard or dodge. Not stand firm or side step. Also2. My +st, guard, dodge, mb, -av, and -ag blitzer Jeff the Knife is the intended future frenzy player. How much use will I have of 2? If Jeff could ever get his arse over those last 11 sp... 56 to 65 has taken ages and he spends so much time being injured lately. 

3. Sure hands. I once had a thrower. He had guard and I loved him dearly. Then I faced ogres. Since then I have just not been able to fit a new thrower into the squad. A st4 lineman with sure hands as ball carrier makes so much sense against pesky strip ball elves, goblins and rats. Mv6 is just soo slow for a ball carrier against anything else though. 

Help? 

Edited by Vaehnin
Grammar and extra info

im not sure that i would have liked wrestle on st4. to big of a target on the ground with st4 imo.

tackle might be boring but i think that its the best choice going with guard. if you instead want to go dodge i would take sure hands, but i would prefer having a blitzer with the ball instead of a line.

frenzy is however the most fun choice.

1. Tackle is never bad, unless your opponent has no Dodge. You always want at least a couple of players with it, but blitzers are the obvious choice because of Strength access.

2. Frenzy could work but you really need a skill to avoid the retaliation surf and that’s a double for Sidestep or Stand Firm.

3. I’d just buy a thrower. There really isn’t a ton of Strip Ball around.

In conclusion, I agree with @brocCooLi

Thanks for the input. Linemen are tricky once you level them up beyond block/wrestle. Tackle, dauntless and fend are useful. From there it is downhill. I will wait until I have seen the division for next season and make a decision but I am leaning towards frenzy to spice the team up a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at my division today. Excluding the vampire and lizardmen teams my other 7 opponents have a total of 4 dodge on their players all together. The tackle being more of less bloat for most of the season makes me lean even further towards frenzy. This guy better prove himself this season.  

• 6 months later...

He did and he even skilled up to get tackle this season. Philip actually survived without injuries up until MD3 two weeks ago when he got himself killed in the match against the Anarchy United coached by @Corash

All in all I would say frenzy turned out to be a good choice. Definitely recommended.