I give you: Duckbutt

3LoWUvz.png

So yeah. I was trying to mess about with breaking Cyanide's "swear filter", which has some of the funniest blocks but also isn't very smart. And I wondered: can I name a player Duckbutt?

The answer is: it is not only a valid name for a Blood Bowl 2 player, but a valid name for a fucking LEGEND.

Having him take a niggle a while back has taught me to play better because now I actually look after him like I should. But he's also been lucky with the hits he's taken (which are inevitable, him being my main blitzer). At least I'm not rushing into opponent lines on turn 1 anymore. Ah, those were the days.

yCfJOpt.gif

Actual footage of Duckbutt in his first 50 matches.

• 5 months later...

Ikkyu, the Zen master, was very clever even as a boy. His teacher had a precious teacup, a rare antique. Ikkyu happened to break this cup and was greatly perplexed. Hearing the footsteps of his teacher, he held the pieces of the cup behind him. When the master appeared, Ikkyu asked: “Why do people have to die?”

“This is natural,” explained the older man. “Everything has to die and has just so long to live.”

Ikkyu, producing the shattered cup, added: “It was time for your cup to die.”

--Zen parable
Awards

My mother imbued in me the idea that if you don't use your favourite things then they'll bring you no joy, but if you do use them they'll wear down and break. Fact of life.

Duckbutt was way late for his grave; he's spent roughly six seasons with a niggle and has regenerated death three times before.

Thus, I handled his passing calmly. I'll play out the season and lay QS to rest. I'm glad I didn't quit playing them before, but now it's definitely time.

Yep, that's the plan. I don't see it changing, even if Uncle Soondead stays alive. The two of them were an excellent team, but I have too many niggles and too many players to rebuild. And I want to play something other than necro. Except for my three seasons of UW, it's the only team I've ever played in the OCC.

7 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Yep, that's the plan. I don't see it changing, even if Uncle Soondead stays alive. The two of them were an excellent team, but I have too many niggles and too many players to rebuild. And I want to play something other than necro. Except for my three seasons of UW, it's the only team I've ever played in the OCC.

I want to give lizards another go. They're next when I feel I'm done with my Nurgs. You got anything in mind just now?

Awards

I sense to much necromancy in you.

Must move to something more alive. :)First

three sounds good (Underworld, Zons, Skaven) but if you aim at championship and stuff then probably Amazons are hardest.

Maybe it's Rat time? Yes, yes?

3 hours ago, Doomy77 said:

Rats never reached their full

potential in BB1 as they didn’t have access to their full suite of star players. Now they do.

They are definitely better with glart as an option, but I don't think it makes up for the bank changes.  When I made my run with rats in BB1 I entered the championship with over 1 million in the bank.  I always had a choice between inducing enough line rats to have a big bench or just buying some, depending on the TV difference.  In BB2 you play a lot of matches with only 11 players because you can't save cash in the rare times you go a few matches without any losses.  Not having cash put a way really hurts AG3 AV7 teams the most since they lose even more linemen than AG4 AV7 teams.