RK's Neverending Pidpad Challenge

Emo elves done. Their tactics seem a bit all over the place, but not in a good way like a proper hybrid. More like they don't know what they want to be. Despite playing 50 matches, I'm not sure how to capitalise on their strengths, and I dislike their weaknesses. Most of all, an elf team without a proper thrower just seems like a recipe for disaster. Sure, you can build one, but the runners need at least two levels before they're even decent, as opposed to one for all other elf teams. Hell, even skaven throwers are better after one level.

I had some fun with my assassins, but I can see why they aren't common on the field. Anyway, here's my final team: 

e0shqz6.png

I lost some really good players that made it a lot more fun to play (ag5 blodge tackle blitzer and blodgestep mb blitzer, among them). But in 50 matches I only had one decent thrower... there are just so many positionals to manage. I had 4 guard for quite a while which was funny.

My final record is still a bit disappointing. Sure, I could have played a bit more optimally by not bothering with assassins, but even so I had a lot of really unlucky matches when I started out. Maybe when I finish the challenge I'll go back and replay some teams. Maybe.

Anyway, break until next CCL season.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:41 PM, Rymdkejsaren said:

Emo elves done. Their tactics seem a bit all over the place, but not in a good way like a proper hybrid. More like they don't know what they want to be.

I've never caught on to Emos either, but I have watched them being played in very capable hands back in the BB1 days, and they can be formidable. Just not very Elfy.

Been rushing it a bit with the orcs, and I should definitely have a better record. 10 more matches then time for a break from the challenge as I've been overdoing it a bit which also affects my game, for sure. Feeling the ennui set in. Also, I'm thinking I won't finish the challenge before BB3 and the new ruleset, so all that experience playing other teams is feeling less valuable all of the sudden.

I'm consistently bad with lower MA teams, that's for sure. No idea why people play them, they can never get to where the fun is in time! lol 

Getting a lot of shit dumped on me by Nuffle now. Elves getting handed a 4-1 with blitzers and sextuple failed blocks, every insane play working against me but my basic actions repeatedly failing... etc. It's a pretty bad streak. Five matches left on orcs, then I'm overdue a long pause on the challenge.

In fact, I may keep it on ice and restart when BB3 is out.

Orcs done. Saved a bit of face at the end, but too many losses and draws that could have been avoided if I had taken the low MA into consideration. I had a proper streak of bad luck as well (8 or 9 matches), but even so I should have been able to salvage some of those.

Indefinite break time. I'll probably get the urge to play again in a few months, but for now I'll be quite satisfied just playing my OCC matches.

Norse are doing all right, though after losing against AndyDavo (and popping into his stream to say hi), I went on a bit of a losing streak. Still, I have a blodge mb yeti and an ag4 lino who scores a lot, so not doing too shabby. I'm having trouble keeping my wolves alive; five of them have gained a total of one skill. So many players that steal the spp.