AD Invitational New season

Ozone

7 hours ago, dolbain said:

@Mongloom
What are the captain's tasks?
I want to participate first and be captain in another season, however I don't mind if I have to be captain, I just need to talk to Ozone.
Is the OCC warband setup and defined for this season's participation?

I'm asking because, when I first read about Chaos AD, I was under the impression that this season's OCC warband was already defined.

Hey mate.

First of all, thanks for being interested fin taking over!

secondly, if you are in for this, HURRY now, as the admins are expecting rosters submitted and teams created in game for FEB 23rd.

To answer your question, captains task is mainly to plan the draft part, so he picks the matchups Vs the opposing warband according to the ruleset. Then he creates the matches in game. It is pretty much it; he is also the guy the admins come to talk to when there is any issue (coaches missing games, replacements needed for a game, etc..).

so if you want to take over, hurry quick and contact Meshuggah on discord so that he knows about another OCC warband next season. For now there is none

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little news report on forums. First skirmishes have been decided and OCC meets CiN, the organiser of their own humiliation, first. And humiliation it is, for 3 out of 7 matches have already been played, and we have solid 8-1 point lead on them (2 wins, 1 draw and 1 kill, which also awards points in this format).

Played games so far are:

• Bouffon/ViFi somehow winning Undo/Blashyrkh in the battle between people of two names; Kislev vs. Delves; 2-1
  • Ozone drawing with Papillon47 in an epic mudbrawl (no ball pickups 2nd half, many tries); Necro vs. Brets; 1-1
  • Juvesak showing that av9 is really better than av7 to DMAN222; Dorfs vs. Norse; 2-1; kill

Matches still to be played:

• Our glorious captain bob152 running his rats past the Kejiruze's necroes dim-witted zombies
  • RTSD sharpening his necromantic claws on some orcish brutes lead by well-known brute himself, Meshuggah
  • Dimmy Gee showing that brets can deal with anything by bashing, fouling and outscoring businesslizardmen of an unfortunate individual known as Turin, just read your Tolkien to know what I mean.

And in the same vein I've taken fight to their Discord chat where I have insulted their skills, dice, honour and everything this side of their mothers, who are next on my list.  They all fight like cows, but we're no dairy farmers.

And final results of this MD/Skirmish are in.

Our own RTSD handed Meshuggah's orcs their own green asses in a fine manner: 3-0 win with dead blitzer and MNG blorc.

Dimmy Gee was our sacrificial coach to Nuffle this time, and lost 0-1, with MNG blocker and peasant.

Our fine captain also suffered somewhat as he won 2-1, but with 2 dead linerats, one of them with mvp.

Because victory is 3 points, draw is 1 and deaths are also 1, this puts OCC in a convincing 16-5 lead by my count (5 wins +1 kill against 1 win and 2 kills). After this we play 2nd skirmish against the same warband (CiN) after a new draft, so individual pairings might differ. Still, we can lose 3 games and still come out on top with this lead, and all the deaths and MNGs hamper their teams more.

Next skirmish will be drafted at the end of this month, so we have a bit of a pause.

• 4 weeks later...

And we lost the 2nd skirmish somewhat, I think. It has been so long since the last match that I don't rightly remember anymore. Still, we had such a huge lead that OCC still won the whole combination of two skirmishes.

Next MD/skirmish rolls tomorrow and against different warband.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another half-assed report.

OCC is facing GBBL now, and our first skirmish ended with 17-0 score and now ongoing 2nd skirmish is going only slightly worse. This is pretty much a guaranteed win at this point, and most if not all of OCC's teams have actually gained levels and stuff.

Next round of two skirmishes should start approximately in two weeks and OCC will face Liga Hispana. If we win that one, our place int he playoffs is as close to guaranteed as it can be without being, you know, guaranteed.

• 1 month later...

And third round for us is over.

Liga Hispana (LH) had not only great skill but quite good luck during the first skirmish, and it ended with score of 11-4 against OCC. But Nuffle is a fickle god and OCC's participants are not without skill either; score went through a metamorphosis during the second skirmish and ended up as 16-12 for the OCC.

This is third victorious round out of three played and there are only two remaining. OCC's playoff spot is, far as I know, now guaranteed. Still, there are two normal rounds left to win glory and spp in, with ReBBL as our next opponent.

• 3 weeks later...

First skirmish against REBBL is now over and score is 13-6 in our favour. That is 4 wins and 2 losses with one kill caused by us on top of it. One might go so far as to say it looks good for OCC, but that would invite Nuffle's wrath upon us, please don't say it.

• 8 months later...

Okey, I forgot to report stuff happening here; me and my mercurial moods. Anyhow, OCC didn't even get to the playoffs.

That said, a new season is starting and OCC warband is likely to need some fresh blood. @Kubusta already contacted me in Discord about joining, but we need at least one more and probably like 2 or 3 new names. Anyone is welcome, no need to actually be good at this game.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:39 PM, Bouffon said:

Okey, I forgot to report stuff happening here; me and my mercurial moods. Anyhow, OCC didn't even get to the playoffs.

That said, a new season is starting and OCC warband is likely to need some fresh blood. @Kubusta already contacted me in Discord about joining, but we need at least one more and probably like 2 or 3 new names. Anyone is welcome, no need to actually be good at this game.

I guess i can handle a bi-weekly league, count me in @Bouffon. I could possibly get some people in as well.

Awards

• 1 month later...

As there hasnt been any updates from our first skirmish i'll round it up.

@frick you started with skaven looking like this

unknown.png

@Shanba took lizards and quite ordinary route all way

unknown.png

@Kubusta ignored my amazing advice on skills, but attleast took bretter name than expected

unknown.png

@Ratamo took Orcs as he is bad with em. And in bash.

unknown.png

@Bouffon wanted to feel special and took kislevs as weapon against elves.

unknown.png

And last but not least @Kezrael dug few graves and came up with this team

unknown.png

First skirmish is over (6+6 matches). OCC vs BBPN. Dissapointingly we got record of 4-2-6 from first skirmish, but as it was just first skirmish whole squad has time to redeem themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

...and so WE DID!

Our OCC Warband have won their 2nd duel against SAGE!!

EtAmr5e.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/ukbk1j1

It's been a very close duel; despite winning 3 games in the first round, the score was 9vs9, because we sustained 2 dead rats.

During the secound round, we did slightly better - winning 3 games again, but losing and killing one player on both sides and scoring more touchdowns. 

So what have we learnt from this duel?

1. @Ratamo can't punch women and so he lost for the first time
2. @frick youhas finally won his first game despite his suiciding nature (he loves seeing his rats die)
3. @Kezraelhasn't lost a single game yet (3 wins & 1 draw), so obviously he is the one that holds this team
4. @Shanbahas stable results, being a main pillar of this band
5. @Bouffonlost all his games like a true captain who suffers for his team (or Kislev suck)
6. @Kubusta
has won both his games in this duel, which means that Berts performed Bretter than expected!

Our next opponent in June is CiN - so cheer for us and wish us good luck!

:cool:

Edited by Kubusta

Awards