Help RK decide on a new OCC team!

Rymdkejsaren

My necros are finally being taken apart, so S16 I'll likely be playing something else.

I have a ton of ideas for my next team, so it's tough to decide. Thoughts and ideas welcome. I'm not putting up a poll this time, at least not yet. Good points of any kind may sway me in one direction or another.

Also, I reserve my right to keep playing QS if they should somehow explode into awesomeness despite indications of the contrary.

The Short List

In no particular order:

Bretonnian - Silly English Kniggits

Theme: Duh, based on Monthy Python's masterpiece, The Search for the Holy Grail.

Pros: I like brets as they're hybrid, which suits my play style the best. Fend as a starting skill is a big plus. I love me some fend. Solid all-round play.

Cons: A bit bland. No really fun units like mutated trolls or two-headed rats.

Underworld - Up Yours, Nuffle!

Theme: Various names based on being unlucky and dying painfully. This is a remake of my BB1 OCC team. They were all named after how they would die. My favourite was the second troll, Fatal Flatulence.

Pros: Goblins with mutations! Rats with mutations! A troll with mutations! Speed! Agility, kind of?

Cons: Can be very frustrating, losing lots of players and mistakes/bad luck can be very costly.

Amazons - Skull Queens

Theme: The unlucky warrior women? I don't know. I just like the name combined with the skull outfit.

Pros: Hybrid-ish. Dodge all over! Can really get fun if they get some well-placed stats.

Cons: Bad in long-form leagues like the OCC. Has hard counters.

Skaven - The Rat Revolution (?)

Theme: Undecided. Name is based on my current Pidpad challenge skaven team (which made them make this list).

Pros: Gutters have silly potential to be annoying. SUPER FAST! A really big rat!

Cons: Break easily. Punished by bank rule.

Kislev - Lost Santas

Theme: Obvious! Red armour = linemen are all santas. They're looking for the North Pole. This alone is a reason to play them.

Pros: Bouncing. Circus bear. Awesome blitzers. Fun catchers. Kinda hybrid? Totally messes with opponent's positioning.

Cons: Great potential to crash and burn based on a single action. TV gets very high.

Chaos - Oh Mein Goat!

Theme: Moo, goats! All players must have horns upon hiring.

Pros: Light TV. Fun to develops as you never know what play style they'll end up with.

Cons: There are cons? Ok, no passing or agility access, I guess, but that's why you roll lots of doubles! Starting out kind of sucks.

Pro Elf - ?

Theme: ?

Pros: Elfy! That means like, AG4 and stuff. Awesome positionals in blitzers an catchers. Underrated elves!

Cons: Armour is not a thing.

Norse - ?

Theme: Something norsy!

Pros: Awesome hybrid/murder potential. Good to start out with. Yeti! Claws!

Cons: Bad for the format. They just die so fast.

With BB3 perhaps being sometime in the maybe nearish future I would pick something that can be competitive immediately and could also, with some decent luck, be decent at higher tiers.  And of course avoid the teams that take longer to develop.  If it was me i'd probably lean towards rats given that list. 

I doubt BB3, and more specifically, OCC switch to BB3, is anywhere close enough to consider when picking teams.

I'd love to play Khorne. As for Whaaagh! orcs, that does sound hilarious. The only way I'd ever play orcs is with some some gimmick, otherwise they are just too dull. But not this time.

44 minutes ago, Trunkhead said:

With BB3 perhaps being sometime in the maybe nearish future I would pick something that can be competitive immediately and could also, with some decent luck, be decent at higher tiers.  And of course avoid the teams that take longer to develop.  If it was me i'd probably lean towards rats given that list. 

I agree with RK.  Even if we had an announcement today, you would have to imagine BB3 is at least a year away from release.  And it will probably release with only a few teams if past history is any indication.  So if BB3 ever gets good enough to replace BB2, it's likely at least 2 years away from being adopted by the OCC.

As the resident Kislev fan, I am of course for them. They have a gimmick and tend to fail early rather than later, allowing you to move on the next team on your list. If you survive to higher levels, they will fail fast when they fail.

But because I am not some old bore either, I also give a shout to Brets, Skaven, Pelves and Underworld.

3 hours ago, BallztotheWalla said:

Pro elf or rats , you did good when you where willing to risk players to steal the ball last season and with these two you actually have the tools for that. 

Thanks! That's definitely something I enjoy about skaven -- a few two heads gutters means I can harass the ball-carrier anywhere on the pitch, and if there's a shot at stealing, I'll gladly send them to their potential death! :D I should probably just embrace my play style of pushing the risk.

• 2 weeks later...