How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

I'd love to have some info on how the vamp teams are faring in a competitive environment like the OCC one.

My experience with them is only in MM, so the level of the opponents is usually quite random.

Is blodge S4 reg enough to keep them vampires alive?

What teams you have most/less problems against?

How many vamps are you fielding?

Yo, isha my man!

You know my story, it's going better than expected.

Even when I totally have failed in div 1, I didn't expect to go to div 1 in a straight line.

As I see it, you need to have some with blodge, maybe not all but I'd go with the minimum of four blodgers.

Biggest problems are bashing teams, teams with few strong players works like a charm to my play style.

And I'll take all stats increase on all positions.

But that is just me.

Cheers!

B)

/B

• 3 weeks later...

If there were relegation from the lowest possible division, we would be just barely out of the relegation zone. I'm blaming the early season failures on the fact that we were playing developed teams with no skills whatsoever on our team, save hypno gaze. Vampires can be fairly competitive against other versatile and agility teams. They struggle against killer teams more than most because they aren't fast enough to outrun them(and they can't hang in the bashing game). Orcs and dwarves are the teams I most hate to face with every other team and it's no exception with vampires. I like the three vampire set best but I've never played with more than 4. Four vampires seems to be the too-much-bloodlust tipping point for me the few times that I've added the fourth. My guess is that after a team is fairly well skilled up and the rerolls aren't as necessary for basic block and dodge actions, four or five vampires could be workable. All in all, they can be an enjoyable team if you don't let the losses bother you too much.

Hmm, well not sure I agree with you WCC.

In the start just move slowly and and backup your plan with a second one regarding the vamps.

Try to get many thralls so you do not have to use RR's for every bloodlust fail.

4 Vamps is good in the start but you'll need more as you build your team. Not saying you should start a new team with 4 but 4RR's and four vamps was okey for me for two seasons.

Keep it up vamp coaches and fans :P

/B

Hmm, well not sure I agree with you WCC.

In the start just move slowly and and backup your plan with a second one regarding the vamps.

Try to get many thralls so you do not have to use RR's for every bloodlust fail.

4 Vamps is good in the start but you'll need more as you build your team. Not saying you should start a new team with 4 but 4RR's and four vamps was okey for me for two seasons.

Keep it up vamp coaches and fans :P

/B

It's hard to argue considering my results versus yours. I was just sharing my own experience. Before the last game increased my lineup to 15 players with 3 vampires and 12 thralls which helped garner only my second win of the season. My opponent helpfully reduced the roster back to 14 guys. I agree that it isn't necessary to always reroll failed bloodlust but I am loathe to lose players when I am already at a numerical disadvantage. Bashing is what I know. Maybe I should just get better at the game. B)

Two questions:

Do you take pro on any of your vampires?

How do you avoid the first blodge vampire hogging all the SPP? Do you do SPP farming passes with the other guys, force scores with them? I screwed myself over with a vampire team in another league where I rapidly got block,dodge, ss on one player and managed to get him to level 6 with only one other player leveled at all.

No worries I am not here to brag, only to help out.

Two questions:

Do you take pro on any of your vampires?

My first pro came very late.

Skill #4 on one of my vamps was my first and only pro (on vamps I have one more on a thrall).

How do you avoid the first blodge vampire hogging all the SPP? Do you do SPP farming passes with the other guys, force scores with them? I screwed myself over with a vampire team in another league where I rapidly got block,dodge, ss on one player and managed to get him to level 6 with only one other player leveled at all.

I rarely pass as it only tends to lure out more 1's that I cannot miss and have to reroll.

Well, once you have blodge make him the blitzer and grab the ball with another vamp.

use him until he also has blodge hopefully you have picked up a mvp on a vamp then it is good to make one pass. :lol:

Then use the blodgers to clear the way with a new ball keeping vamp to get his spp etc..

Ps

I have found a great usage of dauntless on thralls. As the biggest problem is strong bashing teams.

Ds

• 5 months later...

I do better against bash teams. Sure they take out a few of my players but I can usually score on them a few times first.

Right now I am still a Snotling Soda Newb but my Vamps are 6-0-1 as of this writing. Lucky ass dodging dorfs. I probably just jinxed myself for the rest of the season.

My blodger is a hog, about to turn level 5 (47spp in 8 games), but I have managed to level up 8 other players also. One is a level 4 vamp. If I have good position or am up I will throw a pass for a spp.

Update: Finished 8-0-1 overall on top of SSC1, but let's see how I do in the big boy league.

http://94.23.239.117/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageClassement.aspx?Id=5809〈=en-US

I had 10 players on my roster most of the season also. 12 for the last game but I won't give in to vamp5 until all the other have blodge

• 1 month later...

So far this season I´m 2-0-0

MD1: 3-1 Against Orcs.

MD2: 3-0 Against Orcs.

MD3: I play against Orcs again!

Sadly though I'm going on Holiday tomorrow and my opponent couldn't play tonight so will most likely be a 0-2 loss.

Still the best start to a season since the season that I was promoted to div 2.

Two seasons there and then getting relegated to a killer div3 saw my team take a dive in TV and competitiveness but it looks like they are finally back in shape to go for a second shot at div 2 next season despite missing a game!

I've found that the biggest problem (if you doesn't count Zarah) is when you face a string of bashers. Having 3-4 players missing the game to start with and loosing a few more fast can really leave you crippled and even the awesome Vampires can only do so much when they are out numbered 2 to 1. Given that I also give away loads of hcp most games (can't really remember the last time my opponent did not have a Wizzard). This is one big part to why I'm taking Pro on 4 Vampires. Making them less dependent on having Thralls hanging around.

I'm 1-2. More losses than all last season

I started the season with a lust and badly hurt and that set the tone for that game. The killer chaos build that doesn't need tackle or sure hands I lost 2-1

Next I had a lucky game against humans. 5-0

then I couldn't even pick up the ball in the third game and woodies couldn't fail at anything. 5+ passes and 6+ dodges. 4-0 loss. I should have recognized I wasn't getting rolls and tried to play conservative. took 15 turns to finally take out his 6av niggle line elf

I was worried about starting in div5 but it looks like I will get to try it again next season

then I couldn't even pick up the ball in the third game and woodies couldn't fail at anything.

This is a common theme when playing against Woodies. Their biggest strength is by far being blessed by nuffle.

Last season I lost to woodies 1-2 because Blodgivarn my AG5, Pass, Thrall fumbled a Quick Pass and then the Wood elf player picks up the ball with an ordinary Lineelf, in tacklezones and made the long bomb for TD!..I was still winning but a Fearless Leap and blitz from a Wardancer against my Blodge, Sure Hands Vampire (the Vampire having two assists) still saw the Vamp down and instead of me scoring, he did!

Annoying those Treehuggers and strangely enough it's the opposite when it comes to Dark Elves since they are by far the unluckiest team in Blood Bowl. :P

Yeah. line elf with no skills and no rolls picking up the ball in a tz on the side line and throwing to the other side of the field. I had so much lust and players leaving after failing lust and then a gfi I was missing at least one star player the entire game.

I find dorfs be be the luckiest team. I get a single die block where the ball bounces back int a 2 ag players hands so many times it isn't funny. and people complain that they are slow but I never see them fail gfi. Sometimes I wonder if there are different scripts for different races.

• 2 weeks later...

Ogres this week and I had one more D6 roll and 10 more ones than opponent. Lots more 2s but i think they were all on thrall dodges. I did have one more 6 but I never try anything where i think "I need a 6 here..." In fact it is rare i ever try a 4+

290 in inducements and I opted out of rolling a 1 on a wizard and took 2 mercs, apo and a babe. No wasted cash.

He broke my armor 20 out of 39 times. 7 more times I failed a dodge and broke.

1 BH

4 MNG

1 -mv

1 -str (apo)

2 dead (apo one vamp)

BloodBowlLegendary_2012-07-01_19-23-47_001.jpg

The happy news is that the ball is sitting back in his endzone during that picture.

Well.

I picked up a loss in game 4.

Now 2-0-2 including the game I missed.

0-1 against Chaos..

Got blitzed twice in the first half..

Loosing two Vamps by the end of turn 1 thanks to a cas on the Blitzaction and then me being stupid failing BL and moving my Vamp to a better position just not next to a Thrall so I moved one player when my opponent had moved his whole team twice :P

Still had lots of chances to score in both halfs but then I think I managed to fail every single catch/pass/pick up that would let me score.. including rolling a 1 on turn 16 when I tried to Blitz a BEastman to get an easier TD.. Wouldn't have mattered though since I would have failed the odge with the ball carrier for TD if I had not blitzed sooo.

Oh well. we all get Nuffled now and then but still sucks.... At least no permanent injuries thanks to good regeneration skills for once..

Undead next: Usually a Walk in the park but he does have a ST5 Wight with Tackle and Mighty blow and quite a few players with guard so it could be troubblesome.

Well at least I didn't miss not having dodge on my star vamp. I was lucky to get a tie after my first two turns had lust turn into a BH thrall. When lust kept me from picking up the ball right in front of me a few times and I kept failing rerolled dodges even though I had dodge, something I actually worked for, I started to hate dorfs again. even after my wide open thrall couldn't catch a pass to go up 2-0 and then the ball bounced back to where the dirty little cheaters could cover it I still thought I had a chance.

After failing to score again in the first half I had a great chance at the ball in the second. Lust said no and even when I was down to 4 players I kept trying to defend but the ball stayed in bounds and a blocker scooped it as they are apt to do.

I did have the dice go my way once this season but it was a total blow out that wasn't even fun. I already gave up MM but at this point the game is just causing me anguish.

I find vampires among the most frustrating teams to play because they are so awesome when they're working that it builds up expectations. I can't really play them in a not giving a fuck mode that I use when playing stunties. Plus, their early low/no skill phase is worse than pretty much every other team. Even still, the attraction of the team is strong. I sometimes wish that I hadn't given up my own vampire team. Maybe I should pester the admins about letting me fill in for a drop out or something!

Well. As long as you know it can/will happen :)

I had the dreaded Turn8 BL-fail preventing TD once this season and in my last game I rolled a 1 on turn 16 that cost me points.

Was a GFI though and I told my opponent it was of no use anyway since I had been nuffled for 13 turns and then got lucky on turn 14 to get the ball at which point every experienced coach knows it's just for the fans since you will without doubt be nuked by nuffle again on the last turn when it seems like things will be fine at last :D

IF the league was re-rolled I don't think I'd play Vampires again though but now I'm attached to my guys so will keep them ass long as my Squad is somewhat intact. What could change my plans would be if I lost multiple Vampires or something since start over again with rookies is nothing I look forward too.

Why did I write that.

BAck from MD5 and again geting nuffled.

And..getting two guys killed from fouls.

One was my 108SPP AG5 Vamp. no regen obviously.

And on turn15 My Legendary Vamp fails a GFI on a Blitz and pick up a -MA...with regen not working..

I still haveenät manage to regenerate anything worse then a MN despite playing this team for I donät know how many seasons..

so at the end of season it's bye bye.......

I serilously consider just dropping the tea right away and quit this game all togather

Eeh, hmm see it from the bright side your precious thrall made it (why on earth save a thrall on turn 4, when your facing heavy fouling team etc, your ag5 thrall could be one thing but...).

All my vamps that have died has rolled rip apo rip filed regen.. at least your apo worked. ;)

I can hardly see it as such drawback as you describe here, you lost a vamp, so what that happen.

You best vamp got a -move, he is quite good anyhow a very useful player.

Even if your short on money you still have 5 vamps man.

Hope for good skills on the rookies and a nice skill on the piling guy, chin up dude, it's not that bad.

/B