How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

Yeah definitely need dodge on that +ag vamp next, at the moment he's a bit of a liability.. 

I'm debating getting the 5th vamp now following my last game where my star vamp nearly died but apoth changed it to mng. Damn shame he's missing the next game though as he's currently my only tackler and I'm against lizards. So down to three vamps gives me a good reason to buy another plus I'll still have enough for wolfman to do the blitzing.. 

Last game was... a lot of failing. I defended first, got a blitz, and then proceeded to push my opponents around. After failing the 2+ catch on the kickoff, my opponent fireballed, KOing the MA8 vamp. His first blocks were pushes, a KO, and a dead vamp which I apo'd into no cas. I bloodlusted a blitz, rolled some more pushes, then KO'd the DP thrall. Some more good dice from the opponent, and I was out 7 players by the end of my turn 3, after a 1/9 to get the ball back. So I left players on the ground, who eventually got fouled out, or tried to dodge, and snaked into KOing themselves. First two turns of the second half had dub skulls early in the turn. Things finally turned around Turn 3 as I started getting removals. Turn 16, after the opponent had made a blockless GFI 1D pow against a blodgestepper, I caught the ball on another vamp, and then rolled a triple 1 to end that game.

All in all just a very shitty game! Lots of horrible dice, and a dead vamp, for a loss (thanks to opponent making 6+ pass and 2+ catch on turn 16). Weeeee.

Aaaaand I rolled a 1 on the winnings.

Edited by Razzle Storm

17 hours ago, Crunky Chops said:

ouch, unlucky on that one.  Sometimes you've just got to put it down to nuffle and move on.  The worst part is when you lose players, what vamp died?

I hate to think what will happen when I move into a higher tier and go against an increasing number of bash teams with plenty of MB PO etc! 

One of the not-as-developed vamps, blodgestep Strip ball one. Not a huge loss, but I won't be able to afford a new vamp for a bit due to winnings.

I thought I was playing elves today but POMB Wolves showed up instead.  Stupid dice again.  On his first possession he had 3 KO and 3 casualties.   That ended on T4 with one casualty regenerating, one KO getting up and me scoring.  Yes, this is me complaining about getting mutilated while winning if Doomy shows up.

The next drive, eight players and a Vampire on the line now, he picks up with his STR4 Ghoul but brings the ball in range of Freight Train.  Pow and my only KO of the day I think.  There is lots of back and fourth with the ball all game but this ends on T8 with Bats scoring again.

By my drive I have seven players and I am low on rolls without leader now so I let a vamp lust off the pitch.  Turn 10 I can push my luck and hope he doesn't intercept a long pass and that is what I do to put the game away.  If that isn't silly enough he loses the ball on a GFI and we invoke the power of nonsense to end it 4-0.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, Ynwe said:

Thanks for the advice @Bantha

Unfortunately I started with 3 vamps and lost 0-3 to skaven in my fist league game :( Failed a 2+ 2+ throw catch (with rr!) for the double level up on two vamps... Now facing gobbos next game with no skills besides kick. Rolled 34 1's compared to 18 6's... That game showed me a bit of the negative side of vamps. 

But overall I was dissatisfied with my play. Skaven are fast and can always score on skill less vamps, sure I accept that. But on my offense drives I was too easily screened off and it felt like I could never add any real pressure... Dunno, had huge issues advancing the ball.

I was just about to give advice when I realized we play in BBT next week!  It will have to wait...

Did you buy a thrall?  Don't buy thralls.  I know I have bought an apo and an ogre so you should have been able to buy an apo and a Vampire by now unless you have been screwed on winnings.

Edited by Kjelstad

A very dicey win against Nurgle today, with a total of 8 dubskulls (5 for me, 3 for him, but his last dub skull was pretty key to me winning). Managed to turn a 1 into a 6 on the winnings, so I'm slowly getting the money saved up to get back to a 6th vamp!

On 7/3/2020 at 11:12 PM, Kjelstad said:

I was just about to give advice when I realized we play in BBT next week!  It will have to wait...

Did you buy a thrall?  Don't buy thralls.  I know I have bought an apo and an ogre so you should have been able to buy an apo and a Vampire by now unless you have been screwed on winnings.

I rolled a 1 on winnings and am now 10k short of being able to buy my fourth vamp... Not been the best start when it comes to winnings...

Looking forward to our game, hoping I will learn something from it!

5 hours ago, Ynwe said:

I rolled a 1 on winnings and am now 10k short of being able to buy my fourth vamp... Not been the best start when it comes to winnings...

Looking forward to our game, hoping I will learn something from it!

You were down to 2 vamps and you will be playing against Ogres so I am not sure I had/will have a lot for you.  I don't recall you gazing much, or at all.  With str 3 players they have to use two two other players to make a block and you can make it difficult with positioning.   I gaze a lot.  Snots will just dodge away (I would still do it) and Orges don't  need help so not great advice for this game.

Though you don't have blodge yet and that will make it a lot safer.  What I really love more than them wasting a player's turn to activate is a turnover where half their team is still stupid. 

I am available after 1400 on week days.   As late as you like.  I am on discord 

4 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

You were down to 2 vamps and you will be playing against Ogres so I am not sure I had/will have a lot for you.  I don't recall you gazing much, or at all.  With str 3 players they have to use two two other players to make a block and you can make it difficult with positioning.   I gaze a lot.  Snots will just dodge away (I would still do it) and Orges don't  need help so not great advice for this game.

Though you don't have blodge yet and that will make it a lot safer.  What I really love more than them wasting a player's turn to activate is a turnover where half their team is still stupid. 

I am available after 1400 on week days.   As late as you like.  I am on discord 

cool, will contact you at some point!

I got into a shootout with elves that had three apo and didn't need any.  It was going alright until he caught a Blitz!  I had tackle on him but even the RR on the block failed.  3-4 loss.  Instead of second place I am going to get booted down.  On the bright side my rookie power leveled then took dodge and block.

If I had been playing closer attention to standings I might have focused on the game more and not just power leveling the rookie.  It was the first time I have taken dodge before block on the first skill, as rolling AG or MA for the second skill I would have prefered it.  Two normal rolls though.  

My mistake keeps a killer nurgle in Championship; so you are welcome, Razzle.

Hey. Sorry for the silly question but what is a vamp team? Do you mean like vampires? Are they a race in this game and I somehow didn't notice? 

I ask because I just signed up for the league with a Dark Elves team named "The Vampy Vampires" and I don't want to cause confusion, lol. 

7 minutes ago, Sidra said:

Hey. Sorry for the silly question but what is a vamp team? Do you mean like vampires? Are they a race in this game and I somehow didn't notice? 

I ask because I just signed up for the league with a Dark Elves team named "The Vampy Vampires" and I don't want to cause confusion, lol. 

They are. If you have only classic version of blood bowl 2 (idk if its sold anymore tho) and not "legendary edition" etc then ya dont have them. But yeah Vampires are a race in BB

14 minutes ago, Sidra said:

Keep the name! Your mistake makes it even more hilarious!

5 minutes ago, Ratamo said:

They are. If you have only classic version of blood bowl 2 (idk if its sold anymore tho) and not "legendary edition" etc then ya dont have them. But yeah Vampires are a race in BB

Ha. I wonder if you can buy them. I thought I had all the DLC. I'll gladly remake my team as vampires for themeing if nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, Sidra said:

Ha. I wonder if you can buy them. I thought I had all the DLC. I'll gladly remake my team as vampires for themeing if nothing else. 

Be aware vampires are VERY tough! They can be a top tier team but it requires a LOT of game knowledge. I consider myself a quite decent coach, but I feel like a beginner again when I play them.