How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

13 hours ago, Bantha said:

Well we are all different, I think your team is beautiful. 

And Bantha still flying the flags high, me like :cool:

It is a good team.  And only 38 more SPP needed for the train.  We are not broken yet.  When the Big Crunch Ogres start to fail, and they will, they are ogres, I am going to miss these guys.  One more run.  Everyone can blame Bantha.  and insomnia.  I barely had time to change it, now I am going back to bed.

7 hours ago, Shanba said:

Hi!

Vampires are fun. I don't expect to win many games :D

No, we win here!  Bantha took the championship and @Crunky Chops is in T1.

I think most of us agree with a 4 vampire start.  And I personally think a bench is overrated in low tiers.  But I am sure you read this thread and already know that.  Do you coach vamps a lot?

2 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

No, we win here!  Bantha took the championship and @Crunky Chops is in T1.

I think most of us agree with a 4 vampire start.  And I personally think a bench is overrated in low tiers.  But I am sure you read this thread and already know that.  Do you coach vamps a lot?

Well consider me as helping you all to look good by showing what a mediocre player looks like playing vamps :P

I'm a relatively new coach overall - I've been playing for about 2 months now - and I've managed about 20 games with vamps in that time across the REBBL rookie spin league, REBBRL upstarts and CCL, so this will be the fourth vampire team I've started. I'm afraid I have not yet read all 150 pages of this thread, so I went with three vamps and a bench, heh

Awards

1 minute ago, Kjelstad said:

@Shanba I just watched Andy's OCC replay, was that you in the chat room?

It was indeed yeah! That was a fun game, especially since I had been playing vamps just before. Watching you give a schooling to a very good player was very enjoyable.

Awards

38 minutes ago, Shanba said:

Might I ask why you all prefer 4 vamps?

Thank you btw :)

Three just is not enough.  One to gaze, one to sack the ball, one to pick it up and throw, and one to score.  and it still wont be enough.  I rarely depend on a thrall.  You may have seen me one die blitz with one on the first drive but the rest of the game they were just food.

in tier 6 just push your luck and score as much as you can.  A blodge vamp will be a nightmare.

Last season was the beating.  This season we just killed some orcs.  

On 10/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, Shanba said:

Might I ask why you all prefer 4 vamps?

Thank you btw :)

I have tried some different startup lines.

In OCC I tried with 3 at start.

But next round would be with four.

The powers are not found in thralls, it's the vamps surprisingly eeh :sir:

It also means with one MNG, you still manage.

If you are sure to move your thralls first you will have plenty of rolls.  Oh, and win a lot.  A high fan factor will help with extra rolls.  Or at least score a lot. Block and dodge are extra rolls.  Then tackle will save rolls sacking the ball.  Then with good position there will be vamps you don't have to move. 

Four is the way to go, and tbh four might be the maximum you need as well. 

I'm currently at five and some games I really struggle with enough Thralls to bite. You start to wonder whether putting vamps on the LOS is a viable play style to protect your poor Thralls from being wiped out! I really don't think I'll ever go to six vamps! 

Now I'm in tier 1 I'll see how long the Thralls stay around for with all the usual piling on etc. 

Disappointing first game, losing 1-0 to 1250 necro with a MB wolf. Was actually pitch cleared in the first half, just after managing to punt the ball. Got some players back and second half I managed to pick up a little spp so the game was not a total loss. In the end, 11spp and an armour bust thrall is not the end of the world.

Awards

Another slaughter of players today.  Fake Betty is dead.  A superstar is MNG.  I started the second half with six players.  Up 1-0 with the ball, but no players.  I ran past his D and threw the ball down to the endzone.  I probably should have just held on to it because he was able to pick it up and throw it half the pitch into a TZ and dodge away.  I did not see that coming.

Then with four turns to go I had the ball back but should have tried to throw it down the pitch again.   his frenzy goat took me down easily.  1-1 finish and I faced both killers right off the bat.  four vamps next week, never will have the cash for 6 at this TV, and I should have just stayed out a season.

MD2 down, receiving in the rain turn 1 first vamp I activate snakes a bloodlust, injures a player and then I fail the pickup. The very enxt turn a vampire takes a punch and declares himself dead (but not really, thank you regen). Not really the start I was looking for! Fortunately for me, my opponent was on the new side and somehow it ended 1-1, but yeah, not quite what I had been hoping for. In the end, I didn't manage to vanity pass on the 5spp vamp but I did manage to score on him, and my 1spp vamp landed the MVP so now I have two leveled vampires. One rolled +mv (yay) and the other normals, so I got a dodgy bloke and a speedy bloke.

Awards

Most people take Dodge on the first level but I'm a fan of block.on the defensive side they both save you one out of six times, unless the other player has tackle, but one of them helps when blitzing the ball.  I guess it helps when dodging away if they don't have tackle, and that's why I usually take Dodge second on a move vampire. They score a lot.

Edited by Kjelstad

1 minute ago, Kjelstad said:

Most people take Dodge on the first level but I'm a fan of block.on the defensive side they both save you one out of six times, unless the other player has tackle, but one of them helps when blitzing the ball.  I guess it helps when dodging away if they don't have tackle, and that's why I always take it second on a move vampire. They score a lot.

Yeah, I dunno. I've tried both. If it weren't perpetual (and in CCL I've tried both ways), I think I would take block into MB and try to level quickly, but in the short term I've found the dodge reroll helps make some plays, since if that 1/6 fails and I have to reroll early in a sequence it makes the rest more tricky. I'm gonna take block on the next rookie for sure.

Awards

Elves today, and I lost two very good tackle pieces this week.  scored on turn 2, couldn't get to his sprinter with ma 6 tackle and he tied it up at the half.  

The second half I get a blitz and even though I keep getting stripped, I manage to score.  Then I just can not get a break when I take the ball away.  Even though I take down a no skill elf I can not follow because of lust and he easily picks up the ball to run away.  When I do catch up I roll my 7th pair of non POW dice on a blodger with the ball.  My third tie.

The only good news was winning 70K putting the bank at 90K.  I am hoping for a good payday next week and a sixth.

Picked up my first win of the season (3-1) against a very battered rookie chaos team (4 loner goats). Poor guy's team had been shredded by the super spooky already developed orc team in the first game. Vamps are now on 3spp, 11spp, 11spp and 1spp so any good MVP gets me a level. Goal next game is to get the 3spp guy a touchdown, up against lizards which feels like it could be pretty tough.

Awards