How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

A big bump in numbers this season.  @Brenin in 6C.  @Bouffonstarting in B. @Shanba sticking with it in 5C. @Crunky Chops up in 2C.  And waiting for me to finally fall from the Championship, @Razzle Storm returns to show me what I was doing wrong.

I have no idea how anyone did last season as our team was murdered the first two games and kind of lost interest.  I think it was our seventh failure in champs if you count BB1 and our third demotion.  if you count BB1.  The format used in BB1 had four tiers in feeding the top tier so I took third place twice, winning the wooden boot.  Not really a prize, just a nice way of getting kicked down a tier.  

I went 1 1 7! It was miserable. None of my vamp teams in CCL have ever done this badly XD. But I feel like I have a solid looking team, but I was seriously hampered by everyone dying all the time. On the plus side, I got the rubber helmet award!

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

In news today: 3-0 victory for vamps, proing 4 vamp starting tactic viable. Underworld of @Synthric offered tough opposition but dice was against them and UW are tricky team to coach. Level for a vamp and a thrall, six rolled for money. Most splendid opening match for OCC's newest vampires.

EDIT: Thrall rolled 5+5; dodge, guard, what? I want opinions.

guard or leader

I like leader.  some people like dodge, but it seems early for that.  I don't find guard as useful as bashers might.  I don't know what your play style is.  

In the second half I always make sure leader becomes my feeder after using his roll.  A good way to get him off the pitch safely for next week.  

Edited by Kjelstad

11 minutes ago, Kjelstad said:

I like leader.  some people like dodge, but it seems early for that.  I don't find guard as useful as bashers might.  I don't know what your play style is. 

I'd argue now is the best time to take a dodge: new teams have no tackles (no dorfs in my division) and blocks are few. But yeah, leader is also an option, but it just feels off to me at the moment.

I was going to check your division for dorfs.

It is probably a good pick right now.  It just feels like an investment in a thrall instead of an investment in team to me for some reason.  If you take a look at my thralls you will see I obviously do not value them.  I think dodge would help this season a lot and be useful when the rest of the team has blodge.  

I finally figured out what my team was missing.  I let my thralls drop off while I was not able to replace them all.  We had no Doomy!  He may have been the only player to not earn any SPP today but it helped with a 4-0 win.  Most of the loners did die.  Rookie vamp picked up 14 SPP so he has blodge now.  

17 hours ago, Bouffon said:

I'd go Leader, it's really useful to a Vamp team.

The other options I'd consider are Dodge or Thick Skull.

If you're still against early teams then Dodge would be better right now, but when I tried both at higher TVs Thick Skull was better for me.

Awards

Matchweek 1 was a success for me this season, a 2-0 win over necromantic that luckily for me had both wolves MNG. 14/16 dodge vampire did not manage to get a touchdown because he got one dice powed, but again in a stroke of fortune I got mvp on a move up vampire, who now has block to add to his arsenal. I also picked up a third move bust on a thrall - at some point I guess I'll have to start cycling them out, but I'm happy enough carrying them as bench/LoS fodder for now. I get a billion in petty cash against just about the whole division anyway.

Next week is against very spooky lizards with approximately infinite mighty blow, so I'm a little apprehensive there, but who knows.

Awards

On 1/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, Bouffon said:

In news today: 3-0 victory for vamps, proing 4 vamp starting tactic viable. Underworld of @Synthric offered tough opposition but dice was against them and UW are tricky team to coach. Level for a vamp and a thrall, six rolled for money. Most splendid opening match for OCC's newest vampires.

I would also go for Leader. Having cheaper rerolls is just such a nice thing as a vamp coach, and often leads to being able to maintain numbers because it feels okay to use a RR on a bloodlust if you've already done most of what you want to for the turn.

6 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

Move bust thralls are called 'linemen'

That is a Vampire shutout this season by the reports so far.  Nice. 

I imagine my game vs. The Sage tomorrow will be a Wood elf win, since he has a surprisingly healthy and insanely agile team.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, Bouffon said:

Thickskull

34 minutes ago, Kjelstad said:

He asked on discord as well.  I told him you liked thick skull.  

Is it a good skill.  Double value for Thralls. 

Bite protection.. 

Bash protection it will be good for that too. 

Keeping thralls on the pitch is the key so skills that help will be of value and we will bite so why not pile up with skills for that. ;)