How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

Won 2-1 against some very broken brets, taking me to 3-1-5 for the season. Improvement, but I'm still disappointed, I think I can do better than that. But next season will be interesting for sure.

I've ended the game with 4 level 2 vamps and 210k in the bank - think I'm gonna pick up a fifth vampire for next season. Of course, I can't do that until my opponent actually confirms the game...

Awards

On 3/6/2021 at 10:16 PM, Kjelstad said:

I think a fifth is safe, but you need to get block on Louis and tackle on anyone.  probably Francois.  I usually don't mind having a rookie that can stand put until I need him to gaze or something.  And as you can see from my new ma5 Vamp I usually don't make apo available to them 

You know what, I think you're right. If I 'm getting a fifth vamp I want to focus some spp on him to get him vaguely competent (at least to dodge so he can reposition for hypnogazes) and I'd rather pump spp into the other vamps first. I'll hold off for a bit longer.

Awards

For the last round, the Vamps pulled out a win against the Khemri. Did typical vamp stuff, applied pressure, didn't roll too many Bloodlusts (and 90% of those didn't remove), and the opponent rolled plenty of1/9s, and nobody died on my end, so they should be in good shape for not the next season, since I'm taking a break, but maybe the season after!

20 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

That would have been two vamps in champs. Just lie in waiting again for the next time I fall.

@Mongloom must have felt like deja vu. 

The whole season was a deja vu, I struggled not to lose 5 of my games, but all the season games were awful as our last season game was! Ridiculous season for the dead stars and others! 

Will be back! 

The familiar part was ending the season with vamps again, but your season was different.   last time you were playing for the championship.  It was like you got hit by a big truck or something* and just never recovered.

You still have three really nice pieces so I don't feel as if I am kicking you while you are down.  well, not too far down.

[four!  I didn't see Kurt was still there.  That is too many good players.

Edited by Kjelstad

Divisions are out and I don't feel like going to work so...

Lot's of vamp teams this season.  Razzle dropped from championship again for something called "life"

@Moppedhupe & @LordJair welcome.  If you need advice with vamps just ask and we are happy to give it.  even when you don't ask.  Lord Jair I am positive I have seen you around.

Shanba has a really fast team and thinking back to that fifth vampire, you have an ag thrall to pick up the ball.  You definitely don't need it yet and your other vamps all need a skills.  Some desperately need skills.  block.  MA8 can't outrun everything 

This is the first time I have looked at Bevan's team but it should give people in T5 headaches with two blodgers and all block

Bouffon has figured out how to level thralls, keep them alive and roll doubles.  You should try using your vamps, they are good players!

Serial Sinkers are looking good in T1.  And most of the nurgle just left your division.  Morganti will be a legend this season with those stats.

I prefer the dome.  I pass and gfi a lot of I have a roll left.  With ag5 the rain isn't much of a bother though I do pick up in tackle zones a lot.  

I know someone has the food area.  I think it is to cancel the rock but I lose enough players that it would be a good idea to not give your opponent a bribe. 

Thank you very much for the warm welcome ^^
tbh, i was diced into vamps and it will be my first ever Season with Vamps ever. I might have zero to no clue what I'm doing here, as I've played the allmighty flings for the last decade :D
There is a very big chance that I'll ask a lot of stupid questions ^^ 
I thought about starting with 3 Vamps as well as Bloodlust is not that easy for me to handle. Therefore I thought it might be more safer to start with just 3.

Sorry for grammer/spelling ^^

Awards

You are going to have lust, you just let it happen. Move thralls first. Sometimes you just lose a turn, sometimes you lose a player, but sometimes you just keep pushing your luck and walk away with the ball.

You are strong and agile.  It is a great combo with a couple skills. 

You will be thanking Dennis. 

20 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

Shanba has a really fast team and thinking back to that fifth vampire, you have an ag thrall to pick up the ball.  You definitely don't need it yet and your other vamps all need a skills.  Some desperately need skills.  block.  MA8 can't outrun everything 

Yeah, I just rolled the ag thrall. Had a delay on the levelups because of a non-confirmed match. I'll hold off on the fifth vamp for now.

Awards

I had an ag thrall in bb1.  No need to worry about lust on the pick up. It was still 2+ 2+ to get the ball into a vamp's hands but much safer.  Once he had sure hands he became one of my favorite players.  I even used apo on him once. A thrall!  

I don't know that a fifth wouldn't be good, I just know it is not a necessity at this point. 

I am thinking about buying back my fourth roll.  My leaders last for about a game and a half.  I am down a vamp for next game with 9 players and a tv of 1670.  That puts us right at 1750 with 150 in the bank.  I am thinking I hold off until second game if I get a team light on tackle.  Most teams I have looked at are killers with one tackle piece.  That should let me move around with dodge and I do have two pros.  

Sometimes I miss the flawed bb1 programming that would let me bank 2 million before I started facing killers.  I am only saving 10k by waiting but I am close to getting a bench again. 

Hi all and welcome to the new Vamp coaches! 

Vamps can be difficult to start and games can swing to the extremes, which of course makes them a lot more fun compared to your standard team! 

I've got six vamps now and at the time I was reluctant to ever go higher than 5, but I think a MNG on one made my decision for me and I've kept the sixth around to see how it goes.  I occasionally put the new vamp on the LOS just so I don't lose thralls too soon in a drive.  As you get Blodge on the basic ones I may put more on the LOS depending on the opponent.  The big problem with 6 vamps of course is that you can only get 5 Thralls on the pitch and if you're putting 3 on the LOS, you can get a bit stuck as they are easily removed the higher you go up in divisions.  I think 4 vamps is the best start.

I've got a couple of skill ups pending on two vamps, both normal rolls.  First skill is probably going to be tackle as he's currently got MB and Block so he'll be my primary blitzer.  The other one currently has Block, Dodge, Tackle and Side Step.  I'm thinking either Pro, Diving Tackle or Guard.  I haven't got any Guard on vamps and generally you don't need it as you can hypo assists away, but as I've got up higher in the divisions I'm finding blitzes on ball carriers more difficult due to them being higher str or guard that I can't hypo away.  It may also help more against the bashy teams compared to Diving Tackle.

Has anyone bothered with Guard on vamps?? or any other suggestions?

I have played a lot of vampire teams but do not recall ever taking Guard.  Other than on a thrall when I had a leader.   I don't think Bantha had any but I am pretty sure @Valentin did as he played a bash game.

I would go Jump Up, Pro or Diving Tackle although I think the latter goes better with Stand Firm.  One of my dead legends was SS with diving tackle taken last after my stand firm died.

I am trying to convince myself that a tie is good right now.

This game is killing me.  Killed three players.  Would have been four if the apothecary didn't work, but it kept a legend alive.  I barely had enough money left over for Doomy 6.  On his first drive my opponent removed three players T1 so I guess he felt confident enough to bring the ball up.  We took it and eventually scored but the next drive we could not stop.  Wound up pushing the ball carrier into the endzone T7.  At least it stopped a turn 8 from happening.  Who knows how many lives that saved.

On our drive we were down to 7 players so ended up throwing to a marked vamp with no dodge that caught, dodged and GFI for a 2-1.  Trying to stop them and we knocked the ball out again but a failed dodge away from a zombie stunned Bantha when he tried to go fetch the ball.  That might have won it for us but we only rolled well on our casualty dice; to be fair we did dodge a lot and needed 3+ with a rr there, but 70% dodge for the game?  They picked up and we again had two dice on the ball but even the RR was a push.  down to a handful of players, it ended 2-2.

I feel as if we had more pushes on the ball than they did the entire game.  

Edited by Kjelstad
I can't spell.

I am finding these vamps hard to enjoy.

I had over 50% overall armour breaks last season, and 53% for the first match of this season just now. And it was 100% until turn 7, I think, and like 80% until turn 14. My vampires went to KO from almost every hit against them and my GFI casually failed almost half the time. No permanent injuries or even MNGs, but development was, like it has been for almost all my games, very minimal. Thrall got MVP (9/10 so far for thralls) and vampire did a casualty and a pass for a total of 8, 3 for vamps; I failed 2/3 of my easy spp farming passes.

It is very depressing when I have better vamp teams after just 4 matches elsewhere. Still, there are 8 games left for Nuffle to turn his other buttcheek towards me. If not, then elves it is.

7 hours ago, Bouffon said:

I am finding these vamps hard to enjoy.

I had over 50% overall armour breaks last season, and 53% for the first match of this season just now. And it was 100% until turn 7, I think, and like 80% until turn 14. My vampires went to KO from almost every hit against them and my GFI casually failed almost half the time. No permanent injuries or even MNGs, but development was, like it has been for almost all my games, very minimal. Thrall got MVP (9/10 so far for thralls) and vampire did a casualty and a pass for a total of 8, 3 for vamps; I failed 2/3 of my easy spp farming passes.

It is very depressing when I have better vamp teams after just 4 matches elsewhere. Still, there are 8 games left for Nuffle to turn his other buttcheek towards me. If not, then elves it is.

Yeah I often find my team gets wrecked for the first drive when I defend. In fact the longer each drive the more players you lose. I suppose like most teams but much more so with vamps. 

I found players early on in my vamp career we're very slow to develop, since everything you do has a risk. In fact new vamps in developed teams can also be difficult to develop just because you avoid using them for most plays. Hang in there and as soon as you have a few good players they can do some amazing BS plays when the dice are with you

First game of the season, a creditable 1-1 draw against high elves. Had a 2d on the ball foiled by a snaked bloodlust on turn 5, then on turn 7 another bloodlust on a sack attempt after rerolling the hypnogaze. This time I rolled with it, powed his blodger, scatter caught and walked the ball to the sideline, where as I'd hoped it scattered out of play! Unfortunately it ended up being a relatively simple recovery, but oh well. OTTD attempt was a bust again, this time due to him having a kicker.

My drive ended up being relatively controlled - picked off a couple of elves early - but having set up to play solidly rather than score quickly, and with my opponent playing the delaying game, I let it get rather dicey turn 15-16. But I got my score!

Still need development on these guys. Want tackle on ANYONE very badly. Think sidestep was a poor pick on my last level.

Awards