How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

2 hours ago, danton said:

No love for frenzy? I’m no vamp coach, but frenzy would seem to be good for a player like that. Hypno Gaze makes frenzy even better on the sidelines. 

hmm interesting.. I haven't really considered it.  No doubt it would cause some difficulties with lust going off and hitting in awkward situations, but I like idea to vary the team

Casual MD versus an odd lizard team this week who fired a couple of healthy Saurus after MD1 to become the new trending 'meme-team' I guess.  Wasn't focussed on stalling and just chilled, ended 2-2. No injuries and made 21SPP out of it which I'll take!

Block/Sidestep vamp got double 5 on the lvl up and as much as I wanted to blodge this one up, I can't resist my first Move boost.  She also got the mvp so 15 SPP to blodge... hopefully I'll figure the 1 turner out at some point as that should be doable with m7/sidestep...

Typical Human then typical Orc team, with the last MD being a sick pro elf team.  Back up to a 14player team, still need to fire/replace the s3 / niggled vamp but only made 30K this week so that'll have to wait.  

I'm a bit tempted to fire it but it's not causing spiralling expenses at this point and I dont think is giving a wizard away so it should be safe to keep, other than possibly stealing mvps...

I've always been tempted for a basher vamp team. I may get guard on one of my vamps to compensate against no str 5. 

My last game I had a clear out of thralls, three dead and three MNG. hmm. Luckily I've got enough to replace the dead ones, but not ideal going up against another chaos dwarf team without a full squad. 

Mv is golden on vamps, maybe even better than anything else! I've only got one mv7 now that my other one got an injury and I really miss it! 

2 hours ago, Crunky Chops said:

I've always been tempted for a basher vamp team. I may get guard on one of my vamps to compensate against no str 5. 

My last game I had a clear out of thralls, three dead and three MNG. hmm. Luckily I've got enough to replace the dead ones, but not ideal going up against another chaos dwarf team without a full squad. 

Mv is golden on vamps, maybe even better than anything else! I've only got one mv7 now that my other one got an injury and I really miss it! 

I'm not going super bash here.  But at least from turn1 or second half turn 1 I might use the guard. And then also later. It's more to get effects on str4 thralls which is the goal. 

The MB vamp scored 3 cas on orc team. 

One was a goblin though. 

But it also helps there. 

Must try it I thought. 

5 hours ago, Doomy77 said:

@Banthamy understanding is that all

players come with predetermined skill rolls which are merely revealed at each level, so you haven’t actually robbed yourself of two S5 vamps.

What! 

That sounds not sane at all.

Do you have some thing that strength that. 

That was news for me at least. 

I have always wondered about predetermined levels.

I think AGI is golden but this is coming from the guy with four MA7 vampires.  

I have been lucky with thralls until recently. I have two mng and one I have to fire due to niggle while I have to face RSTD, the Michael Myers of OCC championship; Comes back to terrorize us every Halloween. And every God damn Holliday in-between.  

Todays match vs Humies started pretty horribly btw - rolled a double 1 on the fan factor roll and he got 11 so ended up with +2, and we had a pitch invasion as he kicked to me... took out 8 of 11....hahaha

2-1 win in the end... we took yet another dead thrall and my blodge thrall got av bust.  I'll probably hang onto that one for a bit as it'll now be a big target... and one i dont mind getting murdered...

Of course the S3 / niggled vamp got the MVP and levelled, so now has blodge/pro.  I made 100K winnings and was 10K short of replacing so it'll stick at least one more match.

Next match is against a halfbuilt Orc team, they've got enough MB/tackle to worry me.  The 'killer is max lvl but is m5 and av8 and has 2 niggles with piling on... I will be kicking that if it drops somehow...I really need a DP lol.

Replaced the dead thrall to keep my fodder count, so if i can make 50K winnings next week....

First loss of the season.  The bad thing is we lost a lot of players and our slow legend is even slower now with MA5.  One of those games where turns end on double ones and then you get murdered.  Str broken thrall with block fend but he had an av break.   Lost 10K and a fan factor.

We took risks to get to the ball only to roll pushes.  three pow the whole game.  If dice are sequential I could have scored on T3 and kept Freight Train from being fouled out of the game.  that might have helped.  Things just did not go my way at all.  There were turns near the end where I would roll a 1 and that would be my turn.  with three players left there want much to roll

On 10/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, Kjelstad said:

First loss of the season.  The bad thing is we lost a lot of players and our slow legend is even slower now with MA5.  One of those games where turns end on double ones and then you get murdered.  Str broken thrall with block fend but he had an av break.   Lost 10K and a fan factor.

We took risks to get to the ball only to roll pushes.  three pow the whole game.  If dice are sequential I could have scored on T3 and kept Freight Train from being fouled out of the game.  that might have helped.  Things just did not go my way at all.  There were turns near the end where I would roll a 1 and that would be my turn.  with three players left there want much to roll

Ugh that sounds horrendous.  I'm still trying to get my head around those sorts of games, my brain tells me i need to just extract, keep safe and wait for less dangerous hits or just let the game go, but my mouseclicking finger just sends everyone in anyways....  sounds like the str busted thrall gets dauntless next...? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Another 2-1 'win' over a basic ish Orc team and we got the cash to replace the blodge/pro s3 niggled vamp so on to the rebuild....

The Orcs wrecked us first half and should have easily handled the game but attempted to score on a blitzer with no rerolls and spooned it into the crowd, which tossed it far enough up the pitch for us to score... :D

I did apoth fix a dead thrall on t14 which i probably oughtn't have, especially as his killer was back on the pitch but it all worked out...

Expect some grief next week versus a very well played pro elf team who are gunning for top spot.  I always seem to get extra murdered by Elves for some reason so we'll be taking this one cautiously!

So from 0-0-4 and it looking very grim, we're now at 3-1-4 and the basics of a team again...

27 minutes ago, LordJair said:

Expect some grief next week versus a very well played pro elf team who are gunning for top spot.  I always seem to get extra murdered by Elves for some reason so we'll be taking this one cautiously!

If you manage beat them i shall be extra happy as it would mean i have chance to take top placement! I have high expectations!

If you feel burn out you should take some time off. I was talked in to continuing once and left for years after my worst season ever.

I am on the edge right now but this is the only league I play in and as long as I am in the championship it feels as if I should stay.  At least until we are destroyed and sent into the ash bin of OCC history.

3 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

If you feel burn out you should take some time off. I was talked in to continuing once and left for years after my worst season ever.

I am on the edge right now but this is the only league I play in and as long as I am in the championship it feels as if I should stay.  At least until we are destroyed and sent into the ash bin of OCC history.

You are close to win again so... or it's the "other" edge you are talking about .. 

I just played MD8 and won again, feel there is something horrible building up here.

So, entering T5 with rookies and facing somewhat skilled teams, I did expect punishment all over the place. 

I think it will come next season then, as I'm heading there, one loss only this season, might be 7-0-2 if I lose the last but it will not affect the end result. Two Move 7 Vamps so far. happy with that.

That was for Jair.  I think the game is getting to him. I get frustrated but with only one game a week I am losing my mind. 

We find out tomorrow how close I am to winning after I have played a coach I am 0-2 against.  But he doesn't have his secret weapon, Halflings.  

[Really close now!  We do it on Thursday.  This morning we had the the top 6 within three points and number 7 needed a win to get in the mix but the bats did a thing.  Super tough game but I pushed luck when I thought I needed to and it paid off.

Edited by Kjelstad

On 8/11/2021 at 6:11 AM, Kjelstad said:

I will be back next season. I will set myself a reminder to sign up .

Reveal hidden contents
  • I saw you are taking the season off.  I just wanted you to know that you are my personal hero.

•  

I know.

• Just as long as you know someone else will bonus promote...

•  

Kjelstad

Kjelstad  666

Good for them, let some lesser player have a turn in the Championship.  I mean, as long as it isn't some asshole.

...no.

Suido

Suido  -34

Yep, Spydyr will promote

Fuck that guy.

Suido

Sweedo  1,429

• I know, fuck that guy right in the ass.

•  

Tell me what I have to do.

We just need A Few Good Men.  and the awesome vampires that feed on them.

Kjelstad

Kjelstad  {\displaystyle {\overline {a+bi}}=a-bi}.

You son of a bitch, I'm in.

• We thank you for your service

•  

You had me at 'Hello'

You could've at least tagged me so I'd know about all the cool things I said.

Second place would have needed to score 4 if I had just tied today.  A win would seal the championship.  We couldn't do either.  a wizard that fizzed and probably too conservative of play.  Gratz to @raspel and I hope you get clawed to death next season.  With no title to defend I can take some time off.  Thanks for the sanity over all the seasons.

16 minutes ago, raspel said:

Just 2-1, so Kjelstad is still above me. He believes in Dark Elves' win, I suppose.

It will be quite hard for the Dark Elves as they are missing lots of good players and will play with at least 5 Loners.

So I still favor Kjelstad for winning the Championship.

I ended the season with a 2-2 draw vs the top Pro Elf team in the div.

Totally fluffed my drive and my AV/injury rolls were godawful for the first quarter of the game.  The chainsaw failed multiple AV breaks vs AV 7 even twice on itself...lol

At 2-0 down I wasn't expecting much but managed a quick score for 2-1 and then they missed a potential blitz on the carrier who was alone at the back and I managed to gang up on his thrower with 2 thralls and score... mwuahahah.  The 1turner attempt was foiled by forgetting to throw the ball before the pushes and the inevitable interception.

AV bust on a vamp was apothed to MNG and then regen landed anyways.  Took some more thall stat busts but nothing critical so have 5 healthy ish vamps and 9 thrall for the opening game of next season.  The S5/Block Vamp even got the mvp and so now is Blodged up.

It's a 15 man squad now I think but I'm seemingly always having at least 2 thralls MNG at a time so it seems to work...  Ended up mid table so I guess I'll stick in tier 3... right? lol

On 10/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, Kjelstad said:

Second place would have needed to score 4 if I had just tied today.  A win would seal the championship.  We couldn't do either.  a wizard that fizzed and probably too conservative of play.  Gratz to @raspel and I hope you get clawed to death next season.  With no title to defend I can take some time off.  Thanks for the sanity over all the seasons.

Yeah looks like you're still in it for the time being until @Trunkhead plays on Monday! Your break may have to be postponed again!!