How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

Post 4,000!  I do not feel worthy.   [And the thread turned 10 a few weeks ago.

My dice looked good but that may have been due to all the great injuries.   +MA, sidestep, tackle vamp; AGI, Sure hands thrall and something else died.  Newb thrall, JJ Ape, dead on the first block.  360 TV shaved off.   This is why I should not have spent 80K on thralls before the game.

Edited by Kjelstad

a single turn?  I had snake eye dodge and started the next turn lust - rr/lust- and then failed the dodge.  300 TV walked off the pitch.  the rest were just bashed off the pitch.  I didn't even pick up the ball until T3 because of turn ending disasters and we were losing more than a player a turn.  Luckily we got a kick off roll so I could RR the lust on T5 before only scoring.  I didn't dare move anything else

I think my opponent missed an easy block on the ball with four or five players so I lucked into a score.  Still, if you think you are getting bad dice, just play dorfs.  It was god damn silly and his stalling when I had two thralls left was the only reason we tied.

Edited by Kjelstad

Fucking stupid game today.  Everything failed on setting up my first drive and it took too long.  Lost 4 players in 3 turns.  new vamp lasted 2 turns.  Just a shit show.  I usually don't get shut out but we ended the halves with 2 and 3 players on the pitch.  

I won't be mad about Underworld winning the league but this game was my tipping point.  I can't wait to quit.  

[I watched my T1 and I didn't set up like I was going to fail all my gazes then changed what I meant to do.  But it doesn't excuse the bloodbath.  I hate those games

Edited by Kjelstad

2 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

Fucking stupid game today.  Everything failed on setting up my first drive and it took too long.  Lost 4 players in 3 turns.  new vamp lasted 2 turns.  Just a shit show.  I usually don't get shut out but we ended the halves with 2 and 3 players on the pitch.  

I won't be mad about Underworld winning the league but this game was my tipping point.  I can't wait to quit.  

[I watched my T1 and I didn't set up like I was going to fail all my gazes then changed what I meant to do.  But it doesn't excuse the bloodbath.  I hate those games

Ouch, vamps can be a bitch to play on the bad days (or even average days)! I've been feeling the same with this season. 0-1-4 my worst ever and I can't see it improving much given how things have been going. I don't know if it's just nuffle screwing me over or I'm playing crap. 

I might have to have a break for a bit as well. What's happening with bb3 nowadays?? 

On 12/8/2021 at 9:44 PM, Kjelstad said:

BB3 is sometime in 2022.  I think Jair is done too.  When things get this bad my brain just melts.  I wasn't as serious about the game as I should have been but it was my first shut out in 28 games

I'm still plugging away but have zero expectations at the minute.  Even my dorf teams getting beaten up by elves and similar lately.  I played pretty well last game despite going 4 players down before I'd even moved (vs pro elves) but you can't fight nuffle.  I'm still torn on retiring all but my Crypt team for a bit.  I love the game but when you're burned out on it, it's time for a break.  

I figured I'd cheer myself up on a super late night working with server stuff and watched @Bantha's game this week and feel horrible for him.  I'm certainly resonating with the game but 5 vamps injured in 4 turns...and 3 failing to regen as well as a dead thickskull thrall, I couldnt watch any more.  We need to find ways of bribing @Pidpadnot to promote too quick...(and Nuffle for better dice)

9 hours ago, LordJair said:

I'm still plugging away but have zero expectations at the minute.  Even my dorf teams getting beaten up by elves and similar lately.  I played pretty well last game despite going 4 players down before I'd even moved (vs pro elves) but you can't fight nuffle.  I'm still torn on retiring all but my Crypt team for a bit.  I love the game but when you're burned out on it, it's time for a break.  

I figured I'd cheer myself up on a super late night working with server stuff and watched @Bantha's game this week and feel horrible for him.  I'm certainly resonating with the game but 5 vamps injured in 4 turns...and 3 failing to regen as well as a dead thickskull thrall, I couldnt watch any more.  We need to find ways of bribing @Pidpadnot to promote too quick...(and Nuffle for better dice)

Hehe.. its bloodbowl man.

I survived and made some judgement wrong because it was hopeless as you understand.

But he was nice and second loss so far I will not complain at all.

Making a better progress than expected anyhow. 

Thanks for watching though. 

5 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

If it was that bad I should watch it too so I can see someone else get hammered.  

too many little things to complain about this week.   when I lost two players on turn one I knew it was going to be rough.  maybe that just put me in a bad mood

I hope you get clawed to death next week, @raspel

If you're not tearing your hair out by turn 5, you're a better man than I... 

0-0-6 now.  Not sure what else I have to do get relegated...couple of broken dead thralls including the kicker but the vamps made another lvl up and we even scored one TD managing only marginal failure for a couple of turns straight!

3 players down before I got to move this week so a marginal improvement... these damned OP elves and their innate deathdealing abilities.

I know there's an award for the most TDs scored, is there one for most TDs conceded?  I must be up for it this season!

I get to verse Kislev next week so that could be another high scoring game...

• 3 weeks later...

Well we finally got a win...the dice were kinder (actually positive!) and most of the critical stuff worked without hassle...very unusual.  I did snake eye on t16 and should still have probably scored a third but my brain was fried by then.

Finally rolled a +agi vamp...so as long as we dont somehow get promoted yet again we might be ok.  Assuming we survive the 2090TV orc team next with 8MB,  a S6 block troll and 2 piling on tackle blitzers.  Eep.

I was murdered by Norse this week. Mostly the ones without MB.  The North men with av7 that never broke. Still won since there were only two tackle on the team though one of the tackles did stop a TD as I tried to dodge for the end zone on T8.  

I am going to be playing with a mercenary line for a while.  I may buy a 5th vamp though since the last one lasted all of two turns.

Anyone playing the new style vamps on TT yet? 

I'm kicking off my vamp coaching career tonight. First game against woodies with 1 WD, 1 reroll, 1 blodge catcher and 2 JMs. Mainly gonna be figuring out how to manage AS, SPPs will be a bonus.

Starting roster:

3 vamps

8 thralls

4 rerolls

6 DF

20k banked for apo

18 minutes ago, Suido said:

PS if I can gaze the WD then hit the defenceless bastard, I will be thrilled (no tacklezone = no blodge)

I now have the rulebook, but not deathzone or any of the supplements, are the new Vamp rules out now then?

And the only good wardancer is the dead kind so good luck with that!

Let us know how it goes!

It’s better and worse at the same time.

Better:

Your vamp does not leave the pitch for failing it

You can hit another vamp if you need to

You roll for armour (not straight injury)

Worse:

It’s a 4+ if you want to do anything that isn’t a block or a blitz

You can kill or seriously injure your own players if you fail it. 

Also hypno gaze is much better. 

What Danton said, and:

• Gaze is 2+
  • Pro is 3+

Game ended a 1-1 draw, my winning TD was stopped by double 1 on the AS roll when blitzing after I'd run out of friendlies to bite.

Crazy game dominated by snake eyes for both teams. Normal amounts crazy for vamps? I dunno.

It was raining and I had 30k inducements, so I got a weather mage for the first time ever. Deployed the mage so I could pick up the ball in turn 1, roll double 1. Best 30k I've ever spent.

Then opponent finished his next few turns early on snake-eyed dodges, so I was able to recover. He also marked up way harder than he should have, giving me heaps of blocks and 6 removals, and that was enough to get the first half score. 

Second half they scored in 3 turns, leaping the wardancer clear of trouble to score. Leap is still pretty baller, 3+ when in 1 or 2 TZs.

Their kick off landed in a widezone on the LoS and they got a solid defence (D3+3 open players can be reset up). Ball stayed live, so I got to Gaze the catch blodger who was marking it. Gaze and the blitzing vamp stunned and KOd their thralls, which wasn't great, and was repeated for the rest of the half. Gaze worked, 3D blitz only got a push. Blitzer picked up the ball. Elves tried uphill blocks against a couple vamps which didn't go too badly except for leaving their thrower and WD in surfable positions. So I surfed them, and then it was a race to endzone, between me running out of players to bite and their block catcher throwing uphill blitzes. After failing AS with my last reroll, the catcher rolled a double pow, and followed up with a foul stun. 

Really fun match (we got free fouls at some point, first foul I tried I rolled double 1 for arguing the call then bribe! Yay), but I had an easy ride playing against a wood elf team that just gave me too many free hits. AS kicked my butt in the second half, and having to roll 4+ AS more often against teams that only allow 1 blitz per turn will be very annoying to manage. Standing back and letting the vamps cannibalize the team will be a very viable strategy. Pro will be essential to having more Vamps on the pitch.

Through the power of DF and 80k winnings, I now have an apo and 50k in the bank, ready to buy another vamp after the next match. Or maybe a deeper bench first. Hmm.