How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Well, Vamps turned out to do okay. There were some snaked dodges early on, but after that, they were all extremely well-behaved, and slowly removed some elves from the pitch. My opponent got very unlucky on some of his very good plays that I didn't see/messed up on, and the vamps managed to pull out a win, and help the elves trim some TV.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:11 AM, Razzle Storm said:

Well, Vamps turned out to do okay. There were some snaked dodges early on, but after that, they were all extremely well-behaved, and slowly removed some elves from the pitch. My opponent got very unlucky on some of his very good plays that I didn't see/messed up on, and the vamps managed to pull out a win, and help the elves trim some TV.

WHAT!!

I left you with 2-0!!

Then it was to late and I had to get some sleep... :saint:

1 hour ago, Bantha said:

WHAT!!

I left you with 2-0!!

Then it was to late and I had to get some sleep... :saint:

I made a huge mistake in not counting squares properly and it very nearly cost my the match, but Sage rolled a 1 on his final GFI, and I didn't snake the dodge out. There were a lot of plays that were either made or broken by the 1s.

Today my opponent took out a thrall a turn for three turns.  Then I took over.  Down to four players in the second half and it didn't end well.  Only thrall left was igor

If I could have rolled a pow or a stumble, or my opponent not rolled pows every time he hit a vamp, I might have tied it.  Frustrating game.

[I was going through all of the mercs today, not adding them to the team, and I was happy when none of them took MVP.  That left the dead leader, star player or one of the three legends.  I think I will hire a 5th vamp just so I have something to build.  The new blodge vamp did earn one SPP at the end of the game, so progress, but I am going to start one with MB and try to relax this season

Edited by Kjelstad
[

Scraped a draw this week 400TV down against lizards. I threw dice at him on his drive and forced him into a 6+ pass to score, which unfortunately he made. My drive looked very dicey for a while but I eventually stabilised and then scored on turn 15, after which he had another 6+ pass on his two turn to go for the win... thankfully this time he failed it.  Chaney was an absolute boss, casing a saurus and KOing another, and also passively removing a skink with his face. Two dead thralls but a six on winnings allows me to refill the bench a bit, and one of em was move bust anyway, so hey, bonus.

Awards

Well, The Clans United take their first loss of the season, against Dark Elves who were 700k+ down. It was a pretty swingy game, with him rolling enough 1s in the first half for me to get up 2-1 (on his drive), and then me rolling enough 1s / skulls in the second half to remove enough players for him to tie it up. Then, after making the (poor) decision to go for the win rather than the draw, I tried to set up a sideline cage, failed the dodge to do so, and then got surfed. The crowd decided to throw the ball to the vamp half rather than the elf half, and that was game.

Looking back, I made plenty of mistakes, and my opponent played very well, so this loss was pretty predictable.

Dodge didn't exactly win me the day, but it helped me at least twice, and I won in the end. Hard earned 2-1 over some UD, and I must put most of the blame on dice. One MNG on a thrall, six for money and normal skill on a vamp.

Orcs next, dear me. 

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong (except casualties, only one niggling 0spp thrall) and it ended with roll of 1 for money. If you want some numbers, let's just say that my armour failed 47% of the time and I had only like 6 stuns in total, rest were KOs and casualties. Orc armor also failed quite often, 30% of the time, but I caused only stuns.

I don't really mind it for this team, but I have now been diced 7 or 6 times since my last week's match (one was an edge case where I think I was diced but just might be salt), and I have horrid history with these kind of streaks.

MD3:

I'm down to 4 players by my Turn 3 with 2 regen fails on vamps (one ST busted), so uh... this probably isn't going to end well. This is without any removals from Bloodlust.

Post-game edit: That was an extremely depressing game, haha. Turn 1 was a -ST injury on my blodgestep pro strip vamp, which I didn't apo because it was turn 1 and I was hoping regen could do a thing (regen was 0/3 this game). Armour that game was 38%, so uh... that was fun.

And despite rolling a 4 on the winnings, spiraling expenses means my treasury is at 0, so this will probably be this team's final season, but at least it means I get to start another team!

Edited by Razzle Storm

On 1/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, Kjelstad said:

I always feel like it is a dicing one way or the other. 

If you are going to continue with your team I would not worry about winning in T6. Just score as often as possible. It is the best way to level those vamps.  You will promote. 

Yeah, I was not expecting a win in any of my matches so far, and I only suffered one bad injury in this one. I just like complaining aboit things and I have been having a bad series of games lately.

Lost today, not surprisingly given it was vs zons. I hate zons SO much, they are by far my least favourite team to play against. I didn't play super well to compound it, but yeah. Damn. 

All my opponents for the rest of the season have blodge ball carriers, and I still have zero levels on thralls, and no prospect of picking up wrackle any time soon. Is it a really bad idea to take wrestle on a vampire? I feel like it's a really bad idea, but I'm tilted enough that I'm considering it...

Awards

I have never tried it but I think the fear is lust on a block or blitz and then both down.  Or if I did try it, that was years ago.

I have always went block, dodge, tackle unless I roll a stat.   Your 2D with tackle is 55%, 80 with a reroll and 67% with pro.

I have played with jugs and strip ball before