How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Another loss for the Clans United, this time resulting in the death of the ST4 wrackle strip thrall. Game was generally just hard, with 9 KOs, 3 of which came back ever, and me not being able to actually afford new players means this season will probably just be a massive reduction in TV as the team goes through the grinder.

Managed a 0-0 draw today, but leveled a thrall with an MVP, and nobody else died, so I consider that a win for this season, :D. Most of the critical events of things I needed to do started off with a failed dodge or bloodlust, but I removed enough skinks by the end that he wasn't able to do ball things. It was still pretty close, regardless!

Frustrating one this week. Got hit on my offence by a short kick/blitz against high elves, still had a chance of recovering but then a thrall (stupid thralls) 1/9ed the pickup. The on the re-run attempt, another terrible short kick was compounded by a string of 5/6 failed bloodlusts, including 3 on the turn where I really needed decent dice to make a go of things (that said, I DEFINITELY misplayed that drive, so you know, swings and roundabouts). On his offence I had 2-3 good shots at the ball, but one was ruined by yet another failed bloodlust roll, and the last I knocked the ball down only for another elf to catch it :/ After that I started getting hit with serious attrition - suffered 8 KOs and 4 cas in the match. (Biggest plus - only permanent damage was another ma bust thrall.)

Compound that with no cas, failing my vanity attempt and a garbage mvp and it was pretty much a wasted matchweek. Oh well. 

Awards

Played against Zunk today, VOD is on AndyDavo's stream I guess. Turned him over on his drive, but he managed to three turn in reply and then I fucked up my offence horribly and lost. Ah well!

Awards

...I meant to as well.

So I rewatched last week's game and I knew I was not playing my game.  There was a blodge beast on the line and instead of a thrall, I stuck Freight Train on it.  I did end up knocking it down, but I didn't really get into scoring position.  Then he managed two cas and three KO on defense before I BH a tasty thrall and suddenly he starts turn three up 11 - 5 on the pitch.  I end my drive with one stunned vamp on the pitch. down a TD.

When he started his drive with 11 vs 7 and said he was not sure how he was going to win I was pretty confused.  The AG5 goat brought me the ball, a bolt removed him from the game, then I sent in Bantha.  With no dodge left on the chaos team his +MA and +AG would be best for clearing and picking up the ball.  There was some back and fourth with the ball but armor never broke and Bantha walked in.

1-1 and the AG goat was still out.  He used two goats to blitz and pile on Chaney.  Fear of claws?  This left us straight path to the ball.  there might have been a gaze but from what I recall it was just a 2+ dodge.  His newb goat rolled a 1 on the pick up.  Not a problem for the sure hands goat on the sideline but he had to use a team reroll and got a 2.  So now the ball is 8 spaces away with a couple goats in front of it.  a blitz later I have a stunned goat and the ball is in the hands of a strength 6 blodger in scoring range.  Nurgle warriors were too far away and there were not enough goats around the ball.  

I guess that is why you just don't give up with Vampires, no matter how many times you punched your monitor.  The first half did have me irate though.

Edited by Kjelstad

Turn 12 this week and two players left.   not one regen has worked.  My opponent would have to do something stupid to lose this one.  So many pows on dodge.  While when I do get a good play because they do something stupid it is double ones.  Really fucking down today.

pitch cleared on 14

I got double dice on the ball twice.  First time, well I didn't, it was a snake eye dodge, but the second dime was full of stupid dodges with a 4+ in there where I used my reroll just to get there and push.  

I was curious so i looked.  65 [6s].  Those were armor/injury rolls.  All other dice were in the 30-40 range because even my dodging was only 71%

[edit, I wrote 1s out of habit, but that was 65 6s.  armor and injury rolls.  I was not getting them on dodges, lust or regeneration.

Edited by Kjelstad

Had an adminned game the previous week, so nothing exciting. Currently playing my next round game, and I'm down 3 players by turn one (got a blitz and just bloodlusted all the times, haha).

Edit: Vamp BS paid off in the end, and in the second half, every foul I did (nearly every turn) resulted in a KO with no sendoff, which made it easy to stall. I got too complacent near his AG6 goat, and lost the ball onto the ground a few times with uphill dice, which meant that yet again, my 4/6 rookie vamp failed to level. One of these days...

The passing vamp leveled though, and I'm debating between Sure Hands and Dodge, learning towards SH.

Edited by Razzle Storm

Three deaths today.  Apo saved Freight Train.   I forgot to look at pows today but the only time he didn't roll them seemed to be when it was both down on my rookie.   I had fantasies about leveling up but two blitzes in a row on the ball ended in dub skulls.  First time I rerolled a push, then a failed lust which was rerolled only to end  the blitz and another turn with skulls.

5 ko, 4 cas 2 death and an apo death.  Then in a wonderful shit show next to the sideline my rookie was surfed with the ball.  It was really something.   Excellent play..  No injury but the throw in was down the pitch where Bantha was able to pick up and score for some much needed spp and a 3-0 win.  

I think I have a good shot at promoting next week if I can pull off a win vs Norse where all the tackle is on dirty players.   

4 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

Three deaths today.  Apo saved Freight Train.   I forgot to look at pows today but the only time he didn't roll them seemed to be when it was both down on my rookie.   I had fantasies about leveling up but two blitzes in a row on the ball ended in dub skulls.  First time I rerolled a push, then a failed lust which was rerolled only to end  the blitz and another turn with skulls.

5 ko, 4 cas 2 death and an apo death.  Then in a wonderful shit show next to the sideline my rookie was surfed with the ball.  It was really something.   Excellent play..  No injury but the throw in was down the pitch where Bantha was able to pick up and score for some much needed spp and a 3-0 win.  

I think I have a good shot at promoting next week if I can pull off a win vs Norse where all the tackle is on dirty players.   

Glad to hear the glorious freight train survived!

Awards

Had an interesting match vs. Necro. He rolled a snakes on his ball pickup turn 1, which gave me an opportunity to get on the ball, then also roll snakes. First half was lots of vamp things and him rolling plenty of double skulls, with me snaking some things (at one point snakes into double skulls), but finally scoring turn 8. The second half was me unsuccessfully trying to quickly change sides as I forgot his POMB wolf also had Jump Up :D. I then proceeded to stall in my half with the passing vamp as he removed my players one by one. I also rolled a few snakes on bloodlusts, but luckily not much pressure was applied, and on Turn 14 I passed it towards my endzone. He got hands on the ball, but rolled a 1 on his final GFI to make the ball safe, stunning his ghoul carrier.  I tried to score one last time, but snaked the bloodlust and then failed the dodge in, giving him a 3+ 5+ 3+ with no RR to score, and then failed the ball pickup.

Played Norse that only had tackle on Dirty Players (2).  But frenzy so they got to the POW a lot.  I let an early -ma on a 3/6 vamp go  and no regen.  I might keep him.  It was one of those games where I am trying to figure out what to do with four players the last quarter of the game.  Two were usually stunned, so not too hard to figure out.  Before we go too far with this, yeah, Doomy, 2-0 win.  Leveled a block vamp and rolled doubles, took +ma.

I had a good chance of going up 3-0 but a double lust just killed it.  Then his zerker had a couple chances to score but could not pick up the ball

I think I am going to buy a fourth reroll for next season.