Jump to content

How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?


Isha
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, LordJair said:

The Dark Elf dice early game were so horrendously bad....they had literally no chance. The chaos AV/injury rolls were very good and it looks like you've got 4 teams all on the same points... !!!

 

So grats @Kjelstad?

 

A bitter sweet championship as one of my opponents confided in me that they had hoped to win the championship.  At this point it was late in the game and there was nothing I could do.  But yeah, looks like I have to defend.  

 

To be honest, I thought a lot more people could catch me. 

Edited by Kjelstad
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

 

A bitter sweet championship as one of my opponents confided in me that they had hoped to win the championship.  At this point it was late in the game and there was nothing I could do.  But yeah, looks like I have to defend.  

 

To be honest, I thought a lot more people could catch me. 

Hoho.. congrats pal..

Superb! 

I won mine but shaded by your spectacular feature of course! 

Hurray! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Congrats again @Kjelstad

 

Pleased you're staying around for at least another season, hopefully it won't push you over the edge and never return!! 

 

Doesn't look like I'll be joining you in the championships next season following a bit of a difficult final game against brets (again). His second drive, when we were at 1-1, he took out 5 on his first turn that finished any hope of winning

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Crunky Chops said:

Congrats again @Kjelstad

 

Pleased you're staying around for at least another season, hopefully it won't push you over the edge and never return!! 

 

Doesn't look like I'll be joining you in the championships next season following a bit of a difficult final game against brets (again). His second drive, when we were at 1-1, he took out 5 on his first turn that finished any hope of winning

 

 

I have not done enough research (looked at decision lists) but I think you are first in line for a bonus.

 

Thanks everyone.  It didn't feel so much like I won this one as much as other people lost but I guess I did enough winning early to hold on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

 

 

I have not done enough research (looked at decision lists) but I think you are first in line for a bonus.

 

Thanks everyone.  It didn't feel so much like I won this one as much as other people lost but I guess I did enough winning early to hold on.

Awesome, awesome, calling Awesome!

 

And I just had a thing I have not seen before.

Blitzing the ball keeper, Lust kicks in, which is ok as thrall assist for the blitz, down he goes.

Ball bounces to the thrall who gets the ball.. Darn.

Biting and Turnover has he drops the ball.. 

Well well

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, LordJair said:

Furthering my proof that pidpad is out to kill all my teams... we somehow went from 7th place in 3A and are now in 2A...with several teams with 2K+ TV... eeeep

I'm also in trouble..

Started in 5A.. now in 3B.. one season of experience.  How did you put it..

Eeeep

My guys does not have leap. But my team apparently have it already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Okay loves! I've been playing vampires in CCL and have actually liked to play with them! Why noone told me about it before?

 

So far CCL record is quite solid 9-1-2 and currently im second vampire team so stuff is working! Anyway as im still relatively noob with vampires i have few questions!

 

Vamps.png

 

I won't go for 5th vampire in CCL obviously, but question is regarding skills on that kind of leagues. Should i recycle thralls as my team value is getting higher (also what is best TV range to keep on CCL as vamps), if not what skills would y'all take?

 

Agi5 will defo get block next as he desperatetly needs it (for some reason they target him most..)

Pro has been really helpfull on that blodge vampire so i really like the idea, but is it wiser to take sidestep or tackle for variety for the next blodge vampire which levels? Also what skill to take on that SPP hog Pro player if he makes it that far?

Is Dirty Player thrall worth it?

 

Any "Pro"-tips (pun intented) are much apprecciated and who knows, maybe i will try my luck with them in OCC if my brets get demolished..

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, Ratamo said:

Okay loves! I've been playing vampires in CCL and have actually liked to play with them! Why noone told me about it before?

 

So far CCL record is quite solid 9-1-2 and currently im second vampire team so stuff is working! Anyway as im still relatively noob with vampires i have few questions!

 

Vamps.png

 

I won't go for 5th vampire in CCL obviously, but question is regarding skills on that kind of leagues. Should i recycle thralls as my team value is getting higher (also what is best TV range to keep on CCL as vamps), if not what skills would y'all take?

 

Agi5 will defo get block next as he desperatetly needs it (for some reason they target him most..)

Pro has been really helpfull on that blodge vampire so i really like the idea, but is it wiser to take sidestep or tackle for variety for the next blodge vampire which levels? Also what skill to take on that SPP hog Pro player if he makes it that far?

Is Dirty Player thrall worth it?

 

Any "Pro"-tips (pun intented) are much apprecciated and who knows, maybe i will try my luck with them in OCC if my brets get demolished..

 

Ahahah welcome to the most frustrating and also OP team in BB! 

 

I've not achieved anything on any league least of all CCL but I'd say the team looks great but needs 2 tackle, one preferably on the MB vamp.  I also love sidestep.

 

I've seen Andy Davo play with a frenzy thrall and i dont hate it. A DP thrall isnt bad. Probably recycle thralls if they go beyond 2 skills unless its something special.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I have never had that many skilled thralls so I have no idea what you are doing wrong.  I can't help there. 

 

My vamps get block, dodge, tackle.  Unless you know you are not running into dorfs, then dodge first seems OK.  Agi gets blodge but then sidestep to gaze on the sideline.  Then pro.  

 

Your killer needs tackle and I would go jump up or pro.  Jump up is underrated.  I would have a lot of it if I didn't have so much MA.

 

If you stay in the 1500s in CCL it is usually pretty easy from what I recall.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 10/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, Bantha said:

Hmm, Golden Football with Rookie Vamp team, that's a new one.. 

Happy about it though

 

I just realized you said golden.  Nice job.  You just couldn't let me have one award you didn't have.  

 

And you did it against skilled teams.  Very Nice. 

Edited by Kjelstad
Link to comment
Share on other sites


23 hours ago, Ratamo said:

Okay loves! I've been playing vampires in CCL and have actually liked to play with them! Why noone told me about it before?

 

So far CCL record is quite solid 9-1-2 and currently im second vampire team so stuff is working! Anyway as im still relatively noob with vampires i have few questions!

 

Vamps.png

 

I won't go for 5th vampire in CCL obviously, but question is regarding skills on that kind of leagues. Should i recycle thralls as my team value is getting higher (also what is best TV range to keep on CCL as vamps), if not what skills would y'all take?

 

Agi5 will defo get block next as he desperatetly needs it (for some reason they target him most..)

Pro has been really helpfull on that blodge vampire so i really like the idea, but is it wiser to take sidestep or tackle for variety for the next blodge vampire which levels? Also what skill to take on that SPP hog Pro player if he makes it that far?

Is Dirty Player thrall worth it?

 

Any "Pro"-tips (pun intented) are much apprecciated and who knows, maybe i will try my luck with them in OCC if my brets get demolished..

The question needs to be asked with the understanding of what you face. 

So who as teams do you face or perhaps who do you not face? 

What and how are those teams build or how are they not build? 

That leads to the answer, what shall I take..

With out the knowledge the answer is probably based on what you like instead of what you need. 

Do I need this or that? 

Well how do you play? 

Pro will always be good. 

Thralls and skills, I had ag4 thrall on 124spp..

Very useful. 

It helped to be less dependent on vamp actions. End of the world when he was lost. No. 

DP is a very good skill for vamps at least in OCC. Because the environment is less.. forgiving. 

In lower parts it is not needed, and kjell made it twice without it in top.. 

But it helped me not only killers but one timers/turners.

The problem higher up is its more Unhealthy.

Four vamps are good. But Mng etc means you have three. Which is not so good. So 5 is good to have when it happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


34 minutes ago, Bantha said:

The question needs to be asked with the understanding of what you face. 

So who as teams do you face or perhaps who do you not face? 

What and how are those teams build or how are they not build? 

That leads to the answer, what shall I take..

With out the knowledge the answer is probably based on what you like instead of what you need. 

Do I need this or that? 

Well how do you play? 

Pro will always be good. 

Thralls and skills, I had ag4 thrall on 124spp..

Very useful. 

It helped to be less dependent on vamp actions. End of the world when he was lost. No. 

DP is a very good skill for vamps at least in OCC. Because the environment is less.. forgiving. 

In lower parts it is not needed, and kjell made it twice without it in top.. 

But it helped me not only killers but one timers/turners.

The problem higher up is its more Unhealthy.

Four vamps are good. But Mng etc means you have three. Which is not so good. So 5 is good to have when it happens. 

Also, bribe Nuffle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

3 hours ago, LordJair said:

Somewhat under-developed Vamp teams first game vs these... https://spike.ovh/team?team_id=4473826&platform=1

 

Have 160K TV inducements. 13 players (5 vamps).

 

Usually I'd be all over the wiz, but I'm still more interested in survival... so seriously considering Apoth and babe...

 

 

A couple thralls for the line are good too. Make one a dp if you want to make them think about piling on with that niggle. If extra skills are 20k. I can't confirm. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ended up with babe and apoth, babe may have helped.  he caused zero cas.  i however wrecked my own team with a constant stream of BL fails. several key turns with triple and quad 1s/skulls.  We still had chances to take the game back, but holy shit that needs to stop or I'm gonna lose a keyboard...

 

However.  No perm injuries, so we'll take a 1-0 loss with that.  My belief that interceptions are still horribly broken  on bb2 remains as the only throw i made which would have allowed a fairly easy score was intercepted by a goblin in a tackle zone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Not sure where my head was but it wasn't right this afternoon, made a clumsy fuckup  which left me 3 vamps down by turn 3.  (I Followed up with a vamp who had failed a BL so no thrall to bite... the previous turn I'd KO'd a vamp with a skull/both down result and he'd KO'd one with a hit)

 

It was a slow painful grind of a first half. 

 

2nd half he made 7 d6 rolls with zero fails to get a 2 dice up hill with a strip ball, and managed the pushes and then a pick up in a TZ with his agi 3 catcher and just pegged it down field.   Managed to claw one back with almost 2 turns of minimal fails.

 

He still had 5 RRs by turn 16 if that's any indication of how it went.  I think i rolled 7 or 8 snakes/dub skulls...  

 

Super elves next week so that should be fun but i'm not holding much hope there either...

 

Need to work on 1 turners, thought i had it figured for a first half equalizer, and he got a blitz so just lined up making it imposs.  Meh.

 

LJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, LordJair said:

He still had 5 RRs by turn 16 if that's any indication of how it went.  I think i rolled 7 or 8 snakes/dub skulls...  

 

And you realize you have used a roll every turn.  Been there. 

 

I play tomorrow but week one started badly, using a roll on my first two turns to prevent turnovers. Players dropping left and right so threw a bomb to the end zone with no rolls just to try and get something.  

 

Dice did even out (meaning bad dice for both of us) but his were all game changing disasters that allowed me to score with a walk in on his drive or ended his T8 equalizer.

 

We had a chance to throw to an open thrall with a rr on 16 but there was a reason he didn't cover Doomy. 4-2 in the end. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...