How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

On 6/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, Crunky Chops said:

Yes it does, although probably the least useful feature for me on this vamp. 

Yes frenzy isn't something I've considered for him before. And I probably use him in a similar way to you. I don't use him for blitzing much at all, but having that option may make people play differently. Of course jugs+frenzy on one vamp would make most sense but there are just too many skills vamps can use. I'll have a think

Firstly not my idea originally with the frenzy, eloyd ran a frenzy vamp, and the fact the agi vamp is usually hypno'ing is the reason frenzy is good on him... frenzy is a form of negatriat obviously can combine horribly with bloodlust, taking you away from thralls, but it's a really strong threat and keeps a lot of teams away from sidelines, putting them closer to being sackable... but I accept it is a stretch.

Well took a few seasons out, and apparently should have stayed at least one more... fml.

3 Nurgle, Chaos, Orc, Chorf, Undead, and 2 elf teams...

So much sadness....

Given the amount of death incoming (not quite as much claw/mb/piling on death as expected but it's still going to be brutal)...do I drop the niggled DP thrall and just replace or keep as a menace for those who dare to pile on?

120K in the bank with 5 Vamps... a 6th Vamp would start giving away wizards or worse still bribes (there are a lotttt of DPs)

Edited by LordJair

16 hours ago, LordJair said:

Well took a few seasons out, and apparently should have stayed at least one more... fml.

3 Nurgle, Chaos, Orc, Chorf, Undead, and 2 elf teams...

So much sadness....

Given the amount of death incoming (not quite as much claw/mb/piling on death as expected but it's still going to be brutal)...do I drop the niggled DP thrall and just replace or keep as a menace for those who dare to pile on?

120K in the bank with 5 Vamps... a 6th Vamp would start giving away wizards or worse still bribes (there are a lotttt of DPs)

What division are you in? 

I generally never get rid of thralls if injured as they can still do their job (get bitten!), but it depends on your bank and bench I suppose . Having dp is worth it just to make them think twice about po.

Although I've got 6 vamps now I have started putting them on the los to protect my poor thralls more and more. A safer play is still 5 vamps though

6 hours ago, Crunky Chops said:

What division are you in? 

I generally never get rid of thralls if injured as they can still do their job (get bitten!), but it depends on your bank and bench I suppose . Having dp is worth it just to make them think twice about po.

Although I've got 6 vamps now I have started putting them on the los to protect my poor thralls more and more. A safer play is still 5 vamps though

2C.  Given I came straight last in tier 2 last time we played I was hoping to be dumped into tier 3 to lvl up a teensy bit more.

Current team is as follows.  Most teams are 1800 ish or less.  Pidpads evil undead (3 DP!) and 2 of the nurgle teams the only higher TVs...

My concern is a loss and spiralling expenses and a vamp death will leave me with 4 potentially, so getting the final vamp in prior should leave me with a chance to level that up and maybe give me a bit more survivability. As is I'm already giving away a Wiz to 4 of the teams.  I may leave the decision until I see what I'm versing first.  Thoughts welcomed...If i can get another double thrall and one more tackle the current leader bloaty piece will get cycled.

unknown.png

5 hours ago, LordJair said:

2C.  Given I came straight last in tier 2 last time we played I was hoping to be dumped into tier 3 to lvl up a teensy bit more.

Current team is as follows.  Most teams are 1800 ish or less.  Pidpads evil undead (3 DP!) and 2 of the nurgle teams the only higher TVs...

My concern is a loss and spiralling expenses and a vamp death will leave me with 4 potentially, so getting the final vamp in prior should leave me with a chance to level that up and maybe give me a bit more survivability. As is I'm already giving away a Wiz to 4 of the teams.  I may leave the decision until I see what I'm versing first.  Thoughts welcomed...If i can get another double thrall and one more tackle the current leader bloaty piece will get cycled.

unknown.png

I would say keep to 5 vamps at the moment and possibly get another thrall.  If you drop to 4 vamps for some games your team can still be effective as your thralls aren't too bad.  As you've only got one Pro vamp, having 6 vamps is quite high risk.  Unless you have plenty of bank I would tend to keep the thralls until they die naturally or have multiple permanent injuries

Well Pidpad went easy on me after the first few turns, trying to score on a particular ghoul....I got a t7 hit on his ball carrier and knocked it into the endzone but the scatter wasn't kind and it was an easy enough pickup.  I mis-pathed a hit on the ball earlier and didnt realize the computer had slipped in a harder route... many BLs, snakes and dub skulls and a snake killed one of the lvl 5 vamps early on so burned the apoth... nothing of importance took any damage after that thankfully...

Managed a very lucky 1-1, scoring with a thrall as thats all I had left in range...if you want to get a look at how the first few turns and just sympathize I'd love it...lol  I also need to get back to the drawing board on 1turners. It's not easy with a ma7 i know but its doable...

The team of death/nurgle in the div md2.  What's the best sacrifice again? lolz!

• 2 weeks later...

Opted to kick vs the 2K nurgle...first turn went ok...killer pestigor KO'ing a vamp, and LOS thrall KO'd...

My first went ok.  My brain failed again and i failed to hypno the ball carrier. His killer pest KO'd that vamp also. and another thrall KO so we're 4 down players by the start of my t2. My only hits (2 blitzes were all push results).  Attempted a cheeky foul on his PO killer and got sent off....(safe right?)  By turn 4 I was down to a single vamp and 2 thrall.  And there were just no opportunities to do anything at that point.  

2nd half we were back to 11 v 11 but only 3 vamps and just didnt have enough to make any headway.  Cheeky fucker even attempted to get a second TD...hah

We did crowdpush kill a lvl 2 pest that stayed dead but it's easily replaced and it was move busted or something.

Didnt end needing an apoth, as is often the case when I splash on one rather than babes.... my positional plays need a lot of work, trying not to be pretilted but this div is utterly horrendous  in comparison to the other tier 2 divs. Time to go watch some other vamp teams, assuming CabalTV is even vaguely functional again...

Edit: having watched Kjels game and Crunky's I feel like my game was very run of the mill...Crunky was truly blessed this week and Kjel....well not so...   I lost count but i think there were 7 dub skulls and 7 snakes in Crunky's match... wtf with the dice generation atm...

Edited by LordJair

Hi Guys! Im back finally got a job that I can actually reliably play with people on the other side of the globe. So here I am!

Ive slipped into 5A on MD2 as I applied very late.

Just play my first match in something like 5 years. 2-0 Win, good result. Feeling very rusty, I think I got bit lucky here and there.

The one level I got was on a mvp dead thrall... sad times.

Also the first time playing the blood bowl 2 client (except for my practice match). Its... interesting. Please tell me...

1. Is there anyway to show skills on players better? The images are... awful.

2. Any way to show grid on the field like bb1?

I see @Kjelstadand @Banthaare still posting here! Are you still playing your old vamp teams? Bantha with the 8 MV vamp and kjel with the 5 str 5 agi vamp?

I haven't had a 7558 vamp since BB1.

To answer your questions, yes anad yes.  Now you have to find someone that knows how to do it.  Learning the icons takes a little time but they are color coordinated and rolls have a die in the corner.  There is an add on to get them changed to abbreviations. 

@Bobsol I do not know how was the grid in BB1 but you can achive something like this with hitting the Ctrl button the appropriate number of times:

unk.jpg?width=1618&height=910

The Ctrl possibilities:

- Names and types with grid
- All skills with grid
- Skills gained with level ups and grid
- Just the grid
- Nothing

Camera angle can be modified in Settings menu under General tab.

Edited by Tallaseksut

20 hours ago, Tallaseksut said:

The Ctrl possibilities:

- Names and types with grid
- All skills with grid
- Skills gained with level ups and grid
- Just the grid
- Nothing

Camera angle can be modified in Settings menu under General tab.

Omg thats exactly what I want! Excellent

On 7/19/2022 at 12:55 AM, Bobsol said:

Omg thats exactly what I want! Excellent

I thought you knew that part and wanted easier to read icons. And even though I know I have to hit CTRL three times before I play, I never noticed it lit up the grid. 

After a couple terrible games we finally got a win.  @Gimlik had a great but disheartening play to finish the first half 2-2 but then Nuffle punished him.  I almost felt bad but fuck him. 

I mostly kept the team in tact other than the kicker.  Mostly by stepping on his pomb blitzer.  I almost didn't do it at the end of the game out of fear it would die but everything worked out and hopefully it kills a lot of elves this season.  

• 2 weeks later...

Almost threw away a fairly easy ish victory to a half-broken chorf team.... got lucky with a t15 2d hit on his blodge sidestep bull centaur with a tackle-less hit and he couldnt recover.  Agi5 blodge vamp dub skulled twice in two turns.  I think i snaked/dub skulled 7 times in the 2nd half.  5 from 13 KO rolls also seemed a bit harsh...

We got away with a 2-1 victory...first win in a long time...lost a base thrall and got a block/tackle thrall niggled, so only 2 tackle vs dark elves next week... eep.    it's actually an agi boosted mad chaos team...my bad.

I did finally lvl the lvl 2 ma7 vamp...who rolled another 10...do I dare go M8 or just stick with dodge....  thoughts?

Edited by LordJair

1 hour ago, Crunky Chops said:

Yeah mv the way to go, just keep him safe until you can get him blodge! 

Safe in this div has been rough so far, but we have survived mostly vs Undead, Orcs, Nurgle and chorfs... with Chaos, Nurgle,  Woodies, more Nurgle then Delves to go... that might be a tall order, but stat freak it is...

On 7/18/2022 at 3:21 AM, Bobsol said:

Hi Guys! Im back finally got a job that I can actually reliably play with people on the other side of the globe. So here I am!

Ive slipped into 5A on MD2 as I applied very late.

Just play my first match in something like 5 years. 2-0 Win, good result. Feeling very rusty, I think I got bit lucky here and there.

The one level I got was on a mvp dead thrall... sad times.

Also the first time playing the blood bowl 2 client (except for my practice match). Its... interesting. Please tell me...

1. Is there anyway to show skills on players better? The images are... awful.

2. Any way to show grid on the field like bb1?

I see @Kjelstadand @Banthaare still posting here! Are you still playing your old vamp teams? Bantha with the 8 MV vamp and kjel with the 5 str 5 agi vamp?

Hello Bob!

My move 8 was lost with the retirement of the team. It was also BB1.

Started a new vamp team but they have vacation now. Let's see when the lust for blood gets high enough to come back.

Good luck all!

On 7/31/2022 at 4:49 AM, LordJair said:

I did finally lvl the lvl 2 ma7 vamp...who rolled another 10...do I dare go M8 or just stick with dodge....  thoughts?

Bantha and I both had an 8 MA vamps in BB1  and man they are gooooooddd. Highly recommend. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:55 AM, Kjelstad said:

I think I had a good chance at winning today but made the mistake of trying to gfi w a rr. Ended with one player on the pitch. Fuck I hate this game lately. 

Arg I haaatttee being that low on players. I feel you.

Im having a good season even though I joined one game late which was auto loss. 

Im 3-1-1. Just got the draw which was against chorfs. Always quite a hard team early.

How do you do, fellow vamp coaches! Never played vamps before the OCC, it's been an... interesting experience.

Just lost my favourite Thrall to Chorfs. Kick, AG+, Sure Hands, always in the backfield letting my vamps do their thing. Died from a Centaur to the face, apo appeared to be sleeping on the job. I know you shouldn't get attached to them but damn, he will be missed.