How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

Is it only me how disregards kick? :wacko:

During my entire time here I never had the kick skill, and for thralls, I think I'll pick one as the 51spp skill or so.

Cannot see the need for kick compared to fend/wrestle etc...

Playing w-els or skaven then kick would be there in the team.. but until then, Nah :pirate:

TaTa

/Crazy-Bantha

People see that skeleton stat line and just think DP. I took an extra loner so I could foul yesterday and he never saw the pitch. I would have been better off with beer to get my monster back in after turn 8. I do love to foul, I just don't do it with Vamps.

Kick is so awesome. I had two blitzes and both kicks were next to the end zone. I set up for a blitz every kick off. I did manage to score on one of them but he was able to get to the ball both times. If the ball had been a couple yards past the LoS I would have been catching the ball in a cage. I should find a replay and put it on youtube.

Is it only me how disregards kick? :wacko:

During my entire time here I never had the kick skill, and for thralls, I think I'll pick one as the 51spp skill or so.

Cannot see the need for kick compared to fend/wrestle etc...

Playing w-els or skaven then kick would be there in the team.. but until then, Nah :pirate:

TaTa

/Crazy-Bantha

Kick is a great skill for vampires. It's funny that you mention skaven and wood elves, because I think vampires want to play a similiar game, but with different tactics. They're maybe the best team in the game at stealing the ball. Teams that can play like that benefit immensely from having a kicker.

That is a beautiful kick, cage and catch video.... Kick just jumped higher up my list :)

Question time.... What would your development route be for a str 4 thrall? I was thinking wrestle, tackle, stripball and using him as a lust-less safety....that is if he survives :)

That is a beautiful kick, cage and catch video.... Kick just jumped higher up my list :)

Question time.... What would your development route be for a str 4 thrall? I was thinking wrestle, tackle, stripball and using him as a lust-less safety....that is if he survives :)

that would be really good. for fun i have went with block tackle and frenzy, but yours would be much more useful

BloodBowlLegendary_2012-09-20_12-31-49_001_zps29851c72.jpg

I had another cage kick in MM today. The rest of the game was shit. So many double skulls. Not a lot of skulls, but they were always in pairs. (11 skulls, 8 of those were in pairs)

That's the route I'm planning for mine, except I got a double 3rd and took dodge...hopefully he'll live long enough for the tackle/strip ball bit :P

Match day 5 and my rookie vamps claim their 5th draw..... :)

I suppose I can't call them rookies anymore... And fingers crossed I'll get my first 2 blodge vamps :)

Hey, at least it wasn't another 1-1 tie!

Did both 15spp vamps level? I can't validate 6 or I would just to see. Once you have blodge in that tier you should be hard to stop. get surrounded and you can still usually blitz out and dodge away.

Hey, at least it wasn't another 1-1 tie!

Did both 15spp vamps level? I can't validate 6 or I would just to see. Once you have blodge in that tier you should be hard to stop. get surrounded and you can still usually blitz out and dodge away.

Yup, got an early long pass on my block vamp.... And a cas.... Then a 15th turn equaliser on the dodge vamp...... My two new vamps picked up a point or two as well and a thrall had to make a pass.... A bit of a spp fest :)

hehe, nice vid.. and even without kick I get those blitz ball stealing 50% of the kicks without kick skill right ;)

Anyhow, I just got my second str roll ever in OCC and a thrall grabbed it.. nice fielding 7 str 4 players, the problem is I'm facing Dwarfs and give away 400 inducements.. Brr :wacko:

B)

/B

hehe, nice vid.. and even without kick I get those blitz ball stealing 50% of the kicks without kick skill right ;)

Anyhow, I just got my second str roll ever in OCC and a thrall grabbed it.. nice fielding 7 str 4 players, the problem is I'm facing Dwarfs and give away 400 inducements.. Brr :wacko:

B)

/B

Sounds nasty... At least you got a slight str advantage... What's the chance of the dorf inducing a roller?

Sounds nasty... At least you got a slight str advantage... What's the chance of the dorf inducing a roller?

I gave away 830k MD5.

Might be a new personal record

Some bad luck, less then optimal plays and a bugging Wizard saw lose 1-2.

Que frustrating start.

Giving way a Blitz Action, Perfect Defense and TD because of said Wizard and another TD because of my fumbling star Thrall all within the first 5 turns of the game :o

And I lost to the dwarfs, man what a lucker!

He actually intercepts my pass with his trollslayer..

Then I make the equalizer 1-1 with 3 man on the field.

Like 8 players are ko'ed and I got 4 back, defending with 7 players two turns left.

Hi now has two players within score range, I gaze the blitzer and kill his rookie runner.

So he blockes and have to reroll to get me down (blitzing with the blitzer) placing him in TD zone.

Runner with the ball passes and misses... but the ball lands just beside the blitzer and now the ball bounzes in to the same field as the blitzer.

And he of course catches it, 2-1.. Bugger.

Riot happens and I can get back in the game... but my passing vamp makes a 3+ pass but fails the pass and it ends with that.

So fu***ng raped, I mean the dwarf coach was good but all that nuffled dices makes me cry.

I was really ok with a draw, but losing it like this just really hurts. Grr!

Naecken was giving away 880 last I saw. I wattched some of the youtube video of the Dorfs intercepting. I got lucky against a really good HE team this week but the highlight was muffin thief trying to throw for a spp before going up 2-0 and the ball bouncing out where an orc line could pick up dodge and throw for a td puting. Him in second in our div

I'm a bit torned about the Wizard thing as I told Hobs sine he did use the Wizard at the beginning of my turn to nuke my Thrall knowing that even if he didn't break armnour the bugg would step in and still make him unable to move.

So basically his catcher was free to pick it up unless the Lightning bolt fizzled.

Now I managed to Blitz the catcher down but did not break armour and my Vamp was only able to get a Tackle Zone on the ball. No problem for the Amazons though. Picking it 0, up dodging away (despite having tackle) and 2 GFI for the TD.

So he was very lucky to score but the clever use of game mechanics did leave a sour taste in my mouth and it didn't get better when he got a blitz action on the next drive and my Star Thrall managed to Fumble his pass to put me down 0-2 :P

But yeah.....I guess we have to live with the wizardbug since it's there...still would be kind of interested how others feel about it and how they have handled it.

It sucks when your on the receiving end of the wizard bug, but until Cyanide fix it, it’s a fact of life. So you just have to factor it into your strategy. Hopefully Cyanide fix it when they release Chaos Edition as it does make the wizard very strong.

My Vamps did well this MD, getting a 3-0 win and netting 5 skills (3 on Vamps). Although i did lose my first Thrall to death, so that put a slight dampener on things.

Just wondering if there is any point in having an AG6 Vamp? It seems to be a tv bloat and a waste of other useful skills. But i'm pretty new to Vamp so am just wondering?

@naecken I imagine you saw the heated thread over in the Dug Outs that was sparked into life after JimmyC used the wizard bug (unintentially) to great effect in his game against me in MD 1. Make sure you report what happened in the appropriate thread, so that the Greens can see the impact that the bug is currently having in the League.