Looks like the new spike is about mixed teams - Underworld gaining access to Gutter Runners (say what?) and a new Old World team with Humies/dorfs/flings. Playing flings without trees: why? 

Anyway, this is quite upside down. Still undecided whether the Gutter Runner move is crazy good or ridiculously good

Ij8A4xS4j3uO1CtE.jpg

I assume there must be some penalties for mixed races otherwise why would you ever play with a single race.

Dwarves would replace their runners with human blitzers , humans would get a few dwarves to stand on the line and get guard.

Rats would keep the gutter runners and take everything else from underworld.

Hot sauce:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/28/sunday-preview-calling-all-generals/

Will include rules for underworld, pact renegades and a new team called old world alliance. Does not appear to include rules for alliance teams like you can do on BB2. 

Assuming the OWA team follows the underworld model, then the 0-16 would be flings and everything else would be 0-1 or 0-2 positionals, which seems to be supported by the pictures. If they get an ogre or tree for TTM, that seems like a reasonable team.

For underworld, it doesn't say anything about team changes or adding gutter runners. However, there is one gutter runner shown in the pictures. Could be a mistake, could be a result of how they're building that box set and not matching the rules, could be adding runners to the team. If it's the last, adding 0-1 (or 0-2) runners to the team would gives them a boost without being game breaking or making skaven obsolete. 

Shrug. Not too exciting, will keep my pitchfork in the cupboard until I see the actual rules.

EDIT: Sorry for being reasonable on the internet. I'll try to be better.

What do you get on the single sprues in the existing human, dwarf and halfling teams?

I expect the OWA team will contain a single sprue from each which I think would give you 0 - 3 human linemen, 0 - 3 dwarf blockers and then 0-1 of each of the dwarf and human positionals. That's 12 players before you even need to look at putting halflings on the team. You might need them for journeymen if they are the 0-16 positional but otherwise only useful if you can have an ogre on the team too.

Another possibility is that the rosters themselves might be more complicated, e.g. for the underworld team you might have the option to have either 0 - 2 blitzers or to replace either or both blitzers with gutter runners.

Until the Spike magazine comes out it is anybody's guess really unless someone has a spy working at GW.

Awards

Personally I would love to see other races have wardancers. As a woodie crack addict, I may play more races if they had access to the best player in the game. Why even play a team if you can't have a blodging ag4 leaper unit right out of the box?:D

Underworld now confirmed as 0-3 linerats, and the other skaven positionals are all 0-1. Mutation access is a double for the gutter runner.

Also a rule about fights breaking out in the dugout when the team are losing which can KO your reserves but gives bonus rerolls.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/the-best-of-both-worlds/?fbclid=IwAR09dDxIpQrBH-3ZHvbyHtTB7TR0UQZ9Bjqb1hCkeamv8TN0HdK5d_Wjg_g

Awards

GW are a miniatures company who sell rules for their figures, rather than a game company who make figures for their games. I'd rather just go back to CRP at this point.

I can't believe the laziness level at this point. For the mixed teams roster they have just picked up one sprue of the skaven team and voilá. I bet the Old World Alliance will be a human sprue+a dwarf sprue and a couple of flings and to hell with balance. Un-fuckin-believable.

I really hope that the NAF team just ignores this lot. 

The saddest thing is that with 2 skaven team boxes you had full positional line up for both a Skaven team and the Underworld team (getting one of those boxes with 6 gobbos). They really had no need at all to mess it up like this. 

That fighting rule doesn't seem to apply to "normal" underworld team, just ones named Underworld Creepers (which I guess NAF will absolutely ignore). 

The roster on the other hand is something we're likely to be stuck with.

Do I want to trade a blitzer and a thrower for a lineman and a gutter runner? Not sure. For 1100 TV tournaments, sure but other than that I have my doubts.

The trade off hurts a league team more than a res tourney team. Losing redundancy on the blitzer is probably the biggest hit - rookie throwers can do the job they need to do, so replacing a dead thrower isn't so bad.

Does gaining a gutter runner make up for it? Not sure.

Interesting that the runners weren't given normal mutation access. It would make them ridiculously easy to super power, but is that so bad for a single player on a half stunty team? Given they lost a blitzer, I'd be inclined to give them a super runner in return.