Jump to content

Divinity: Original Sin 2


Recommended Posts

I know the game’s been out for a while, but I wanted to record the fact @Borke and I managed to play through the entire thing in co-op. It took several months of daily two-hour sessions, but we did it!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bantha said:

Cool, we are on to this also, we are 4 players on playstation4.

Pretty close I think to the end but no clue really.

 

Looking forward to Baldurs gate, same producers.

Love the music and flawless interaction between players etc.  


 

BG3 is definitely on our radar too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I totally recommend Pathfinder. It lacks much of the feel and character of classic Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales) but plays very much like them otherwis and tells a compelling enough story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Doomy77 said:

I like most things about Infinity Engine games, except for the combat. Never got on with that.

 

I have a list of recommended mods that is miles long, but Sword Coast Stratagems is the bare minimum. It makes AI much, much better without making it cheat and makes combat more challenging and tactical. Difficulty levels still work so it is not neccessarily hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have long time dream to play DnD and i probably will do it someday.

 

But year or two ago while i was looking any videogames similiar to it i first heard of Divinity Original Sin. Never found myself looking that up tho due i found Pathfinder Kingmaker and invested my time in it. And like in any other RPG i played it, rerolled another class, rerolled another, kept break, rerolled another and so on.

 

I gotta check Divinity up later this year, but im probably gonna forget ot anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ratamo said:

I have long time dream to play DnD and i probably will do it someday.

 

But year or two ago while i was looking any videogames similiar to it i first heard of Divinity Original Sin. Never found myself looking that up tho due i found Pathfinder Kingmaker and invested my time in it. And like in any other RPG i played it, rerolled another class, rerolled another, kept break, rerolled another and so on.

 

I gotta check Divinity up later this year, but im probably gonna forget ot anyway.


I’m prone to rerollitis too. Having a partner in @Borke is what caused me to stick with it to the conclusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

On 7/9/2020 at 7:44 PM, El Maldito said:

Thanks to both.

 

Un saludo.

 

It is a great game, especially now a lot of the early bugs have been resolved. 

 

There is a 'Turn Based' mod for combat, I cannot recommend this highly enough. The mod works great (and is being used by the developers in the sequel) and adds real tactical element to combat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bouffon said:

I rather liked the first game more, which puts me into something of a minority. I just enjoy honestly wacky feel of it. Also, Jahan is a very simple concept done well.

 

in some way i agree. the first was a bit easier also without the two armor types.

i think i liked the story in the first one more also, had more trouble understanding and following the story in the second.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brocCooLi said:

in some way i agree. the first was a bit easier also without the two armor types.

i think i liked the story in the first one more also, had more trouble understanding and following the story in the second.

 

Armor types that totally negate certain effects vs. percentage based chances for skills to work is something one can (and has) debate for years. While I am a gambling addict when it comes to games, I prefer the D:OS2 system.

 

Story. Yeah, first one has simpler story and that doesn't neccessarily make it worse either. I'd say first one tells its one better but sequal has better story (because of Fane, if nothing else). This is bit of a moot point as Divinities are not something you play for the story...I hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bouffon said:

 

Armor types that totally negate certain effects vs. percentage based chances for skills to work is something one can (and has) debate for years. While I am a gambling addict when it comes to games, I prefer the D:OS2 system.

 

Story. Yeah, first one has simpler story and that doesn't neccessarily make it worse either. I'd say first one tells its one better but sequal has better story (because of Fane, if nothing else). This is bit of a moot point as Divinities are not something you play for the story...I hope.


We started this due to wanting a long game that would easily lend itself to “episodic” sessions of roughly equal duration which would end each time with something to look forward to next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I never played the first D:OS beyond a 5 hour start, years back, but after the D:OS2 campaign with @Doomy77, I am really looking forward to this one as well. Cooperative multiplayer is something I enjoy a lot, I've now realized, and it's certainly a nice balance to BB2 :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coop RPGs are really nice, but they are a rare breed. There are Infinity Engine games (to bring them back to conversation again): BG trilogy and both IWDs. Aside from those I can only think of Torchlight and various small studio and MMO games. Perhaps System Shock 2, but that assumes moon is right and multiplayer works long enough to finish the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done guys, taking on game 1 as well... Fantastic effort, I've got hopes of completing BG3 I did 1 & 2, plus expansions for both, Icewind dale 1 & 2 and Never winter nights so I've a good record for DnD titles that having decades of experience playing from 2nd - 5 edition, helps me to actually finish them.

 

Why the hell do I have a limit to the amount of likes I can give in a day? I don't come on these forums regularly but when I do I have plenty of catching up to do so a positive react limit is somewhat frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

And the first Divinity: Original Sin has also been conquered by the heroes known as Doomy and Borke!

 

Delightful as the second one, more tongue in cheek in places. Definitely worth the effort.

 

One of the next games on the list may well be Wasteland 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...